Knights of Columbus fish fry

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yesterday was "ash Wednesday". So that means the Knights of Columbus will ramp up the fish fry on Fridays through the resurrection. :banana:

They have variety, but I am partial to battered catfish with my hushpuppies, Budweiser and fries.

musterion

"Have naught to do with them and their fishes, and their sauces, and their slaws of cole, their dessert and punches of fruit and cheap adjunct lagers, for they are to you as an unclean thing. But if they be vegans and modernists, and if their fishes be of soy, that's different. Ye shall feast mightily and fellowship therewith, yea verily."

-- some new translation, somewhere toward the front.

john w

Hall of Fame
:chew:

Love eating fish and hushpuppies in my brown scapular.

Oh, you are a regular George Gobel, in recent days, ain't cha, Mayor? Why don't you head on down to your local Morelli's, on a Friday, during "Lent," tell old man Morelli, a devout Roman, that you are a converted Muslim, from Texas, and demand chopped steak ala Morelli, smothered with shrooms, with Texas toast on the side, and and offer him a $.25 tip, for his consideration? Wouldn't that be fun?

Am I running out of material-again?

And whom are you calling a "squirt?"

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chew:

Love eating fish and hushpuppies in my brown scapular.

I had to put scapular in google. I figured (wrongly) that is what the RCC calls their yamaka, which they occasionally get out when they really want to look the part.

Fried catfish and a cold brewski is far more fun than being around "Pentecostals".

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you are a regular George Gobel, in recent days, ain't cha, Mayor? Why don't you head on down to your local Morelli's, on a Friday, during "Lent," tell old man Morelli, a devout Roman, that you are a converted Muslim, from Texas, and demand chopped steak ala Morelli, smothered with shrooms, with Texas toast on the side, and and offer him a $.25 tip, for his consideration? Wouldn't that be fun?

Now I know why things did not work out with you and Mary Grace.
You aren't "nice".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
scap103_zpsa16225f8.jpg

PureX

Around here it's Lake Perch at the Usher's Club, on friday nights. Some other clubs have the fish dinners, too, but the Ushers Club's got the good recipe! Excellent stuff!

john w

Hall of Fame
It's no wonder Mary Grace told you to "talk to the hand" when you asked her to the town social.

Oh, you're now takin' off on Jerry Lewis, Mayor! Why don't you head on down, to the local high school "sock hop" tonight, Mayor, with your town "Mr. Schwum," and ask the kids if they know how to dance the "Rumba," and when they seem a bit perplexed, tell them, "Pick a rumba between 1 and 10!"? Wouldn't that be fun?You are a real riot, Mayor.

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you're now takin' off on Jerry Lewis, Mayor! Why don't you head on down, to the local high school "sock hop" tonight, Mayor, with your town "Mr. Schwum," and ask the kids if they know how to dance the "Rumba," and when they seem a bit perplexed, tell them, "Pick a rumba between 1 and 10!"? Wouldn't that be fun?You are a real riot, Mayor.

Oh boy, you're a regular Don Rickles today aren't you, saint john?
Try to give a fella a little advice on the proper way to court Mary Grace and all you get is heartaches....heartaches!

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh boy, you're a regular Don Rickles today aren't you, saint john?
Try to give a fella a little advice on the proper way to court Mary Grace and all you get is heartaches....heartaches!

Why don't you head on down to the local grade school, and take off on Abe Lincoln, reciting the Preamble, to the Constitution, Mayor? And, while you are at it, sing a little Acapella, for the kids. "Ya know," "Acapella, Acapella..............," while you snap your fingers?