Far and Away...

theophilus

Hello all!

When I was in the Army I spent several Christmases in a foreign land. As such, I would appreciate it if all of you would remember our men and women in the armed forces who are NOT home this year.

Please pray they will be kept safe, that they will know that we love them and miss them, that God will watch over them and that they will come home soon.

If you have served I salute you and thank you for your service.

Thanks everybody and MERRY Christmas!

bybee

Hello all!

When I was in the Army I spent several Christmases in a foreign land. As such, I would appreciate it if all of you would remember our men and women in the armed forces who are NOT home this year.

Please pray they will be kept safe, that they will know that we love them and miss them, that God will watch over them and that they will come home soon.

Thankyou's and blessings to all who serve!

oatmeal

Hello all!

Good call! I was never in the service, but one incident clarified for me your request. Decades ago, a serviceman saw I was blue during the holidays and in about one sentence communicated to me what it was like to be half way around the world during the holidays.

It was not so much what he said, but the expression on his face and the emotions that welled up in him while he spoke.

Our servicemen sacrifice in ways we fail to even imagine at times

theophilus

Lord God of Heaven, Maker and Creator of ALL things, Ancient of Days and our Holy Father,

Thank you for allowing us to call you Abba.
Thank you for Your precious Son You gave to make a way for us to be reconciled unto Thee. Praise be to You for this indescribable gift!

You are the Majesty on High, seated on Your Throne of Splendor, and it is Your delight to give Your children the Kingdom. I thank You and praise You for Your mindfulness, Your watchcare over us and for every blessing we receive from You.

I bow low before Thee my King, and ask You to protect our fathers, mothers, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters in far away and hostile places where they live and die to defend our right to be Your people.

May Your Holy Spirit overwhelm them with Your Love and Peace as they contemplate this holy season in a land of adversaries.

Please let them know that they are missed...and that You keep our tears and theirs in Your bottle until one day there will be no more tears.

Grant them a moment to call on Your Name...just to whisper the Name of Jesus and know that He is near to them.

Thank You for our lives and theirs. May all of us commit every breath, every heartbeat, every thought, word, deed and motive to Your service and Your Kingdom.

O Lord haste the day when there will be no more war.

We love You and we ask in the Name of the Shepherd and Guardian of our souls,

Amen and Amen.

False Prophet

The french king called out to the Pope, "Come to Paris and bless our troops." But the Pope was already in Vienna blessing the Austrian army for battle against the French. World War I was classical for Xians raising the battle anthem. Gavril Princep assassinated Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo, so Austria fired artillery on Serbia. Holy Russia declared war on Austria. Catholic France declared war on Holy Russia. Lutheran Germany declared war on Catholic France. The German army marched into the Netherlands, and the Church of England condemned them. God bless our troops, kill the Germans! God bless america, and our church is a holy temple with its steeple as a finger pointing up to God. Why don't we say God bless Pakistan?

PureX

Hello all!

Well, how am I supposed to argue with this??? :)

theophilus

The french king called out to the Pope, "Come to Paris and bless our troops." But the Pope was already in Vienna blessing the Austrian army for battle against the French. World War I was classical for Xians raising the battle anthem. Gavril Princep assassinated Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo, so Austria fired artillery on Serbia. Holy Russia declared war on Austria. Catholic France declared war on Holy Russia. Lutheran Germany declared war on Catholic France. The German army marched into the Netherlands, and the Church of England condemned them. God bless our troops, kill the Germans! God bless america, and our church is a holy temple with its steeple as a finger pointing up to God. Why don't we say God bless Pakistan?

Maybe some of us DO ask God to bless Pakistan.

:)