What homepage do you use?

nikolai_42

I have used Yahoo for the longest time, but the articles that it hosts are often mind-numbing for their poor research and sometimes laughable grammar. I chose it years ago simply because I didn't want anything to do with Google. I like Yahoo's layout but am tired of the nonsense.

What homepage do you have?

JosephR

duck duck go...

TOR browser...

use a VPN at all times....

EVERYTHING you type and do on the internet is not secure,

Truster

I have never used a homepage as I prefer not to be force fed photo's or articles. This is the same reason I don't own a TV or radio. If I need to know something I look for it. I also use Adblocker for the same reason.

I also have people on ignore for similar reasons.

Last edited:

JosephR

I have never used a homepage as I prefer not to be force fed photo's or articles. This is the same reason I don't own a TV or radio. If I need to know something I look for it. I also use Adblocker for the same reason.

your a known troll.. and should be avoided at all times.

classic physiology study explains truster in text book style..

he is saved and you are not,, he is elite and you are not.. his words are worth gold and urs worth dirt..there is no gain other then his ego...

Quetzal

I have used Yahoo for the longest time, but the articles that it hosts are often mind-numbing for their poor research and sometimes laughable grammar. I chose it years ago simply because I didn't want anything to do with Google. I like Yahoo's layout but am tired of the nonsense.

BBC News might be up your ally. More internationally focused headlines.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hompage? For years it was Google, just because that was a fast load. Now that I'm in high-speed cotton my start up is Speed Dial with windows opening to points of interest.

Top line: TOL, FB, BBC News, gmail
Second: Google, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube
Third: Bing Images, Yahoo, Home/State, Espn
Fourth: Titan TV listings, Rotten Tomatoes, Imbd, Box Office Mojo
Fifth: The Onion, Comedians in Cars, Amazon, Twitter

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hompage? For years it was Google, just because that was a fast load. Now that I'm in high-speed cotton my start up is Speed Dial with windows opening to points of interest.

Top line: TOL, FB, BBC News, gmail
Second: Google, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube
Third: Bing Images, Yahoo, Home/State, Espn
Fourth: Titan TV listings, Rotten Tomatoes, Imbd, Box Office Mojo
Fifth: The Onion, Comedians in Cars, Amazon, Twitter

Wow. :chuckle: I couldn't do that. I don't have a homepage, my browser opens to an empty tab. I have one favorites bar.

Speaking to the OP, if I did have a homepage, it would be Bing just for the photo of the day. And I like Quetzal's suggestion for the BBC. PBS would be good too. There's another website that I've enjoyed in the past for its really eclectic homepage but apparently it was so memorable that I've forgotten what it was. :chuckle: If I can remember, I'll come back and add it.

genuineoriginal

I changed mine to about:blank

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wow. :chuckle: I couldn't do that. I don't have a homepage, my browser opens to an empty tab. I have one favorites bar.

Speaking to the OP, if I did have a homepage, it would be Bing just for the photo of the day. And I like Quetzal's suggestion for the BBC. PBS would be good too. There's another website that I've enjoyed in the past for its really eclectic homepage but apparently it was so memorable that I've forgotten what it was. :chuckle: If I can remember, I'll come back and add it.
:chuckle:

Oh, and there's more than that, anna. Above my starter page I have folders with additional links by topic. Currently, it's NBA, NFL, Teaching, JackFun, Spanish (I'm rusty), Writing (with great links to free editing software for catching all sorts of nonsense) and Curious Websites. :eek:

GuySmiley

I use the Edge default page. It's got my 8 most used sites on there and then news below that. It appears to be customizable but I've never bothered. Before that I used Bing for the picture of the day, but I have that as my desktop now.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I use Yahoo as a homepage. But I have it customized for just what I want. I also do not set my browser to default to this homepage when opened or opening new tabs. I have my browser set to just display a blank page for new tabs. When initially starting my browser I have it set to open three tabs: my gmail account, my calendar, a www.ceoexpress.com customized page.

My homepage button points to My Yahoo customized page which contains three sections:

View attachment 21119
[Click to Enlarge]

The My Front Page section includes the usual news feeds, NYTimes, Yahoo headlines, BBC, Local News, Health news, local weather widget

The Technology News includes content of interest to me from NYTimes technology, WSJ Tech, Wired Magazine, Yahoo Tech News

View attachment 21121
[Click to Enlarge]

The Potpourri section includes items related to software, science, business news, television

All the content I describe above can be constructed by customizing one's own Yahoo home page versus just being satisfied with Yahoo's own public main pages. You will need to register and then be able to create a My Yahoo page, with any sections you want, that suits your fancy.

AMR