Let's try that again...

Foxfire

The Peanuts and Calvin & Hobbes are my two favorite comic strips of all time. One of them was already taken... :D

I gotta stick with Walt Kelly's Pogo....

iu

PureX

Do you remember Omni magazine? Sort of the New Yorker of science-fiction periodicals. Had some great panels and humor along with the stories.
I remember it existing, but I don't think I remember seeing any particular one.

I never found many of the usual "funnies", very funny. They were comical, but I didn't actually laugh at them. The Far Side was an exception. Those would make me laugh out loud, and do it with just one panel.

I liked Heavy Metal Magazine because I was young, then, and it contained nudity and adult themes, science fiction, and employed some excellent artists. What's not to love?

And those old Popeye animations were a tour-de-force in visual form and motion. The movement was absolutely integral to the humor, the story lines, and the drawing style. Fantastic stuff; especially so early on in the timeline of moving pictures.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I remember it existing, but I don't think I remember seeing any particular one.

I never found many of the usual "funnies", very funny. They were comical, but I didn't actually laugh at them. The Far Side was an exception. Those would make me laugh out loud, and do it with just one panel.
Farside was very funny. Boneless chicken ranch. :) Omni had a few, but I think it went dark in 95. I remember the one panel that had architects puzzling out a problem while work crews are in the middle of digging a very large, very deep hole.

I liked Heavy Metal Magazine because I was young, then, and it contained nudity and adult themes, science fiction, and employed some excellent artists. What's not to love?
I remember one where a fellow is hot in the head and continues to walk and, for a moment, lament that he's been killed. Odd stuff.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, I have been thinkin... I have been in pretty mean spirits recently. Taking jabs and creating threads that I am not at all proud of. I want to try to make amends and try to be better.

Truth be told, I like this place and I may be overly critical of the members here. I knee jerk too often and get defensive when it isn't necessary. If you happened to fall on the opposing end of one of these exchanges, just know that I am sorry about that. I am growing and I am learning, always. This place is no different.

So, with a new avatar (I feel like PJ with all of these avatars I keep scrolling through. :eek: ), comes a fresh approach. All users have been removed from my ignore list as I attempt to forgive and forget.

See ya out there. :cheers:
You put yourself and asking forgiveness right out there. Good for you, and your offer I accept and I forgive you. Amen!

Now we can move on, welcome back to a clean slate and the world of TOL.