Let's try that again...

Quetzal

So, I have been thinkin... I have been in pretty mean spirits recently. Taking jabs and creating threads that I am not at all proud of. I want to try to make amends and try to be better.

Truth be told, I like this place and I may be overly critical of the members here. I knee jerk too often and get defensive when it isn't necessary. If you happened to fall on the opposing end of one of these exchanges, just know that I am sorry about that. I am growing and I am learning, always. This place is no different.

So, with a new avatar (I feel like PJ with all of these avatars I keep scrolling through. :eek: ), comes a fresh approach. All users have been removed from my ignore list as I attempt to forgive and forget.

See ya out there. :cheers:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The only thing I want to hear out of your secular humanist mouth is that you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and God's Word as the absolute Truth. When you do that, you can unblock me.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So, I have been thinkin... I have been in pretty mean spirits recently. Taking jabs and creating threads that I am not at all proud of. I want to try to make amends and try to be better.

Truth be told, I like this place and I may be overly critical of the members here. I knee jerk too often and get defensive when it isn't necessary. If you happened to fall on the opposing end of one of these exchanges, just know that I am sorry about that. I am growing and I am learning, always. This place is no different.

So, with a new avatar (I feel like PJ with all of these avatars I keep scrolling through. :eek: ), comes a fresh approach. All users have been removed from my ignore list as I attempt to forgive and forget.

who are you? :idunno:

PureX

Some people learn about themselves from participating, here, and some learn nothing about anything, because they assume they know it all, already.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:chuckle: Considering the current standard of civility and treatment of others by some, your behavior has been exemplary.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Man. Gone a month and everyone goes crazy. :eek: Well said and it sounds like a plan. Me, I'm angling for a no hold's barred patellar reflex marathon, but to each his own.

The only thing I want to hear out of your secular humanist mouth is that you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and God's Word as the absolute Truth. When you do that, you can unblock me.
Well boys, we just lost another one. :plain: See, incentive is when you give someone reason to actually do the thing you want them to do.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Considering the current standard of civility and treatment of others by some, your behavior has been exemplary.
But as Daniel Boone was want to say, "That's not much of a bar, is it..." :plain: Darn foniks.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Well boys, we just lost another one. :plain: See, incentive is when you give someone reason to actually do the thing you want them to do.

Welcome back to TOL. Rumor has it that because you didn't get your way you took your ball and went to play elsewhere.

Regarding your reply: God's Word is incentive enough for anyone to repent. Hopefully Que will stay away from the false prophets who call themselves "Christian" and acknowledge the Truth.

Quetzal

Man. Gone a month and everyone goes crazy. :eek: Well said and it sounds like a plan. Me, I'm angling for a no hold's barred patellar reflex marathon, but to each his own.
For me it boils down to patience. Many times, I find myself knee deep in a debate only to realize that we agree. One of two things, I got caught in a bait n'switch or I missed their point entirely. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Welcome back to TOL.
More like a stop-over than a return, but thanks.

Rumor has it that because you didn't get your way you took your ball and went to play elsewhere.
Rumors. They're mostly cowardly things spread by people about others when they're absent. Don't put much faith in them. No one took much from me, though a great deal of TOL history was lost that wasn't preserved else. It simply made a decision to spend less time here easier. The thought had been with me for a while. Too many absent friends and too much repetition of familiar cycles. School and the pointless pruning of a two thousand post thread just made it easier. It also changes my approach to authority. I'm done defending poor behavior in hopes it will become elevated at some point.

Regarding your reply: God's Word is incentive enough for anyone to repent.
I forgot about your sense of humor...apparently you did too.

Hopefully Que will stay away from the false prophets who call themselves "Christian" and acknowledge the Truth.
Hard to manage. Shake a tree around here and a false prophet falls out of it. Shake it harder and the rest of the nuts could give you a concussion.

I like Quetz, but it's his life and journey and all you can do is be the sort of example that doesn't leave him with a rictus where a smile should be and hold out truth and hope for him. I pray for all my heathen friends. I'd hate to not have MD and Quetz and Al, etc. for conversation past the veil. But I'm mindful that it took a very long time for me, so who knows when and how that could happen?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For me it boils down to patience. Many times, I find myself knee deep in a debate only to realize that we agree. One of two things, I got caught in a bait n'switch or I missed their point entirely. :idunno:

Suggestion: IF it is someone you normally agree with on most topics, take the time to privately ask them to expand on their answer.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Rumor has it that because you didn't get your way you took your ball and went to play elsewhere.

not so much a matter of not getting his way

more a matter of suffering a crushing disappointment

he came home from school and found that mommy had taken down his favorite pictures from the front of the fridge and thrown them away to make room for some of the other kids pictures

so he went off and had good sulk for a month

meh:idunno:

it's happened before

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
For me it boils down to patience.
I'm a big fan of that. This place can build that like nobody's business. :chuckle:

Many times, I find myself knee deep in a debate only to realize that we agree.
Consider yourself lucky if that's all you're wading through.

One of two things, I got caught in a bait n'switch or I missed their point entirely. :idunno:
There are people here who can watch themselves coming or going. :cheers:

Last edited:

bybee

You know what? I just get fonder and fonder of you! You are a good man!