Creepy, stalker like behaviour.

Truster

Am I the only one that finds it decidedly creepy, when someone who knows they are on ignore, continue to post on active threads?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Am I the only one that finds it decidedly creepy, when someone who knows they are on ignore, continue to post on active threads?

It depends. Participating in a discussion isn't necessarily stalkerish. If, OTOH, they know they are on *your* ignore list and are following you around and replying to your posts, then yes. It's creepy, and something that seems to be happening more frequently on TOL.

Truster

It depends. Participating in a discussion isn't necessarily stalkerish. If, OTOH, they know they are on *your* ignore list and are following you around and replying to your posts, then yes. It's creepy, and something that seems to be happening more frequently on TOL.

I'm grateful for your saying so.

SaulToPaul 2

I know I am on chrysostom's ignore list, but I still reply to his posts with the purpose in mind to expose him as a wacko harebrained schemist.

I am not sure if that is creepy. :)

Quetzal

I actually find it pretty funny when posters do that to me. What better way for them to waste their time than to follow me around knowing they will never get a reply? :chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know I am on chrysostom's ignore list, but I still reply to his posts with the purpose in mind to expose him as a wacko harebrained schemist.

I am not sure if that is creepy. :)

Eh, Chrys has many people on his ignore people, and I guarantee you, I did not have you in mind when I made that statement.

You reply to nonsense, but do not follow posters from thread to thread or make threads for the sole purpose of getting in your digs.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Here is a way to determine a stalker. When you post something, then when you receive a hostile response, do not respond. See if when you post again, to another member, whether or not the same member makes another hostile response. The more times he or she does so, the greater chance you have a stalker.

The best thing to do is not respond, have a little laugh because he or she has emotionally bonded to you in such a manner, deleterious to his or herself.

Leave a comment to another member who the hostile member is also tied to. Keep in mind it is always the stalker who has a problem.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is a way to determine a stalker. When you post something, then when you receive a hostile response, do not respond. See if when you post again, to another member, whether or not the same member makes another hostile response. The more times he or she does so, the greater chance you have a stalker.

The best thing to do is not respond, have a little laugh because he or she has emotionally bonded to you in such a manner, deleterious to his or herself.

Leave a comment to another member who the hostile member is also tied to. Keep in mind it is always the stalker who has a problem.

Absolutely. It's quite telling when you have had a person on ignore for over a year, and they (and all of their alters they use after burning out an ID) posts right above you.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
1657737_634953254643465000-1.jpg

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Absolutely. It's quite telling when you have had a person on ignore for over a year, and they (and all of their alters they use after burning out an ID) posts right above you.

I like the part where they are always giving themselves a hotfoot!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My high school Chemistry teacher had a saying,

"Stoichiometry, stoichiometry, stoichiometry."

When I got to college, I understood what he meant!

Same here. my old cousin seems to think about it often; he was a chemical engineer.

footnote: old cousin was born in 42

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I know who my stalkers are:

rusha
saul to paul
rocketman
patrick jane

they are all on ignore
except for rusha who cannot be on ignore
because
she is a moderator