OK Dozer, settle a bet.

musterion

1. Are you categorically pro-rape, or absolutely against it in any context?

2. Does every victim of rape somehow deserve, ask for or want it, regardless of circumstances?

Thanks in advance for your forthright replies.

Arthur Brain

1. Are you categorically pro-rape, or absolutely against it in any context?

2. Does every victim of rape somehow deserve, ask for or want it, regardless of circumstances?

Thanks in advance for your forthright replies.

If you'd asked "does any person deserve to be raped" it might have made for a thread but as it is, well it still probably wouldn't...

OCTOBER23

At least five Muslim men have been sentenced to a combined 82 years for their roles in a child sex grooming ring in the picturesque market town of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire in the South East of England.

The taxi drivers and market traders had been found guilty in July, but have now been sentenced for a range of crimes including rape of a child under 13 and child prostitution.

Although child ‘A’, who had been 12 and 13-years-old when she was abused told police she had been raped by at least 60 men, only 11 of the men have faced charges. The girl and a second, identified only as child ‘B’ had been given gifts by the men, including fast food, drugs, and inexpensive trinkets in return for sex and were passed around.
The Guardian.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At least five Muslim men have been sentenced to a combined 82 years for their roles in a child sex grooming ring in the picturesque market town of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire in the South East of England.

The taxi drivers and market traders had been found guilty in July, but have now been sentenced for a range of crimes including rape of a child under 13 and child prostitution.
So those five perverts get to spend the next decade or so raping people in prison. They should be dead already!

Although child ‘A’, who had been 12 and 13-years-old when she was abused told police she had been raped by at least 60 men, only 11 of the men have faced charges. The girl and a second, identified only as child ‘B’ had been given gifts by the men, including fast food, drugs, and inexpensive trinkets in return for sex and were passed around.
The Guardian.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No, and that's kind of the point. I still am not sure what Res' angle originally was, but I don't think even he finds it funny. At least I hope not.

my original statement was "i'm of the opinion that rape is a choice that women make" from here

when i made that statement, in another thread, in another context (the morality of aborting rape pregnancies), i was rushed for time, banged it out, hit enter, took a look at it and thought "now that's gonna get a reaction" and left it (and logged off and went to class)

I had in mind two specific cases -

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

and

A female student in the dorms invited a male friend over to her dorm room. They were in the room alone with the door closed. He had just come from playing basketball and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, she was wearing flannel jammies. They started making out on her bed, his hands went places she was ok with at first, but then thought better of and tried to stop. He didn't stop and continued, she didn't cry out for help and afterwards claimed rape.

in those two specific cases (and an awful lot of scenarios that are being discussed on campus at the moment) i am still of the opinion that the choices the women made were directly responsible for the consequences

iow, they chose paths that any reasonable person would have known would lead to an expectation of sex from the male

i want to start another thread eventually on consent and sending mixed signals, because that was clearly at play in both of the two above cases

for example, the second case:

Woman invites man over to her dormroom/bedroom.
Man thinks "Oh boy! We're gonna have sex!"

Woman invites man into dormroom/bedroom.

Woman is wearing pajamas.

Woman and man are alone in dormroom/bedroom.

Woman and man sit down on her bed.

Woman and man start making out.

Woman and man start touching each others bodies.

Woman changes her mind and says no, but doesn't:
1. knee man in the crotch
2. shout "NO!" as loud as she can and cry out for help
3. scratch at man's eyes

the choices/behaviors/actions of the woman were directly responsible for her finding herself in a position of having started something she couldn't stop, or wasn't willing to stop

that doesn't mean she deserved to be raped
that doesn't me she was asking to be raped

what it means is that she was acting like a damn fool

my original statement "i'm of the opinion that rape is a choice that women make" was never meant to encompass all cases of rape

but i'll never be able to convince tambora/rusha/anna/artie of that

why?

see "On Constructed Realities" *

*coming soon to a TOL forum near you!

alwight

So those five perverts get to spend the next decade or so raping people in prison. They should be dead already!
I doubt it, such perverts often need to be protected from their entirely adult co-inmates who may not exactly regard them too highly as worthwhile human beings.

ClimateSanity

my original statement was "i'm of the opinion that rape is a choice that women make" from here

when i made that statement, in another thread, in another context (the morality of aborting rape pregnancies), i was rushed for time, banged it out, hit enter, took a look at it and thought "now that's gonna get a reaction" and left it (and logged off and went to class)

I had in mind two specific cases -

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

and

A female student in the dorms invited a male friend over to her dorm room. They were in the room alone with the door closed. He had just come from playing basketball and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, she was wearing flannel jammies. They started making out on her bed, his hands went places she was ok with at first, but then thought better of and tried to stop. He didn't stop and continued, she didn't cry out for help and afterwards claimed rape.

in those two specific cases (and an awful lot of scenarios that are being discussed on campus at the moment) i am still of the opinion that the choices the women made were directly responsible for the consequences

iow, they chose paths that any reasonable person would have known would lead to an expectation of sex from the male

i want to start another thread eventually on consent and sending mixed signals, because that was clearly at play in both of the two above cases

for example, the second case:

Woman invites man over to her dormroom/bedroom.

Woman invites man into dormroom/bedroom.

Woman is wearing pajamas.

Woman and man are alone in dormroom/bedroom.

Woman and man sit down on her bed.

Woman and man start making out.

Woman and man start touching each others bodies.

Woman changes her mind and says no, but doesn't:
1. knee man in the crotch
2. shout "NO!" as loud as she can and cry out for help
3. scratch at man's eyes

the choices/behaviors/actions of the woman were directly responsible for her finding herself in a position of having started something she couldn't stop, or wasn't willing to stop

that doesn't mean she deserved to be raped
that doesn't me she was asking to be raped

what it means is that she was acting like a damn fool

my original statement "i'm of the opinion that rape is a choice that women make" was never meant to encompass all cases of rape

but i'll never be able to convince tambora/rusha/anna/artie of that

why?

see "On Constructed Realities" *

*coming soon to a TOL forum near you!

Thank you so much for clearing up.the misunderstandings. Pages and pages were written analyzing your possible meanings. Your character was assassinated in the worst possible way. You might as well have been subways Jarred to this board. What else is new though?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Thank you so much for clearing up.the misunderstandings. Pages and pages were written analyzing your possible meanings. Your character was assassinated in the worst possible way. You might as well have been subways Jarred to this board. What else is new though?

meh :idunno:

i accept it as being just another part of the monkey house that is tol

what you'll soon see, though, is a gangpile of people either rejecting what i posted, or misrepresenting it, or just insulting me

ClimateSanity

meh :idunno:

i accept it as being just another part of the monkey house that is tol

what you'll soon see, though, is a gangpile of people either rejecting what i posted, or misrepresenting it, or just insulting me

Its a sensitive topic and draws out intense emotions. People have been shamed into training their brain to not think critically on this one topic. They are incapable of seeing outside of their culture enforced paradigm. No one wants to be thought of as a misogynist. You go deeper into the issue and give it more complexity than anyone as ever been allowed to contemplate. All of it adds up to Archie Bunker style closed mindedness. This manifests itself in all the ways you just mentioned.

Quetzal

Its a sensitive topic and draws out intense emotions. People have been shamed into training their brain to not think critically on this one topic. They are incapable of seeing outside of their culture enforced paradigm. No one wants to be thought of as a misogynist. You go deeper into the issue and give it more complexity than anyone as ever been allowed to contemplate. All of it adds up to Archie Bunker style closed mindedness. This manifests itself in all the ways you just mentioned.
You two should get a room already. :chuckle: