What's cooking?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm starting this thread to share the things I cook and recipes, if asked for them, this fall and winter.

Tonight, I've got Salisbury steaks in my crock pot for tomorrow night. I'm having a hard time, right now, because the smell is making me hungry. :chuckle: They smell delicious!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm starting this thread to share the things I cook and recipes, if asked for them, this fall and winter.

Tonight, I've got Salisbury steaks in my crock pot for tomorrow night. I'm having a hard time, right now, because the smell is making me hungry. :chuckle: They smell delicious!

my cousin said we should get a crock pot here at home

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that's what he was saying, so you started salisbury steaks 2nite ? for 2moro ?

Yep. I sliced the only (5) good potatoes I had in the bag. Then, I layered them in the pot with six beef cube steaks. I poured in a jar of mushrooms, a packet of beefy onion soup mix, a cup of water, some beef gravy, and some mushroom gravy. I turned the crock pot on low for a couple of hours and then added almost half a small bottle of dehydrated onions. It's on warm now until late tomorrow (around three or four).

Reactions: Lon

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
my cousin said we should get a crock pot here at home

Check out the Goodwill stores. You should be able to get one around $5 to $10 with a five-day warranty. I'm going this week to look for a dehydrator. I want to make my own onion powder.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cure for the winter chills....

1. Brown 1 or 2 lbs 80% fat 20% lean hamburger
2. Place in crock pot

Add
3. Two cans cannellini beans, drained
4. Two cans red beans, drained
5. I can diced potatoes, drained
6. One package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
7. One bottle of Pace brand Salsa (regular or medium spicy)

Cook in crock pot for 3-4 hours.

Serve.
Add french bread with butter as a side as an option.

A chili that tastes even better on the second or third day's warmups.

AMR

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cure for the winter chills....

1. Brown 1 or 2 lbs 80% fat 20% lean hamburger
2. Place in crock pot

Add
3. Two cans cannellini beans, drained
4. Two cans red beans, drained
5. I can diced potatoes, drained
6. One package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
7. One bottle of Pace brand Salsa (regular or medium spicy)

Cook in crock pot for 3-4 hours.

Serve.
Add french bread with butter as a side as an option.

A chili that tastes even better on the second or third day's warmups.

AMR

Can't rep you yet for this. But, I make chili a lot during the winter. Mine is hot (spicy) and I always make cornbread with it.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thought I would let you all know that I have some amazing Face book friends. I am a member of a homesteading/pantry preparedness group on Face book. The ladies on this group have inspired me to buy a dehydrator to make my own spices and snacks. I told them that I was going to see if I could find one at Goodwill. One of the ladies sent me a message, telling me that she wanted my address to send me her dehydrator. She never used it because she had to have surgery right after buying it. So, I'm happy right now. Next week, I'm going to buy a bunch of onions and garlic to start dehydrating.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone ate all the meat and potatoes, leaving a lot of leftover "gravy" and mushrooms. So, I'm going to put noodles in it for tonight.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yep. I sliced the only (5) good potatoes I had in the bag. Then, I layered them in the pot with six beef cube steaks. I poured in a jar of mushrooms, a packet of beefy onion soup mix, a cup of water, some beef gravy, and some mushroom gravy. I turned the crock pot on low for a couple of hours and then added almost half a small bottle of dehydrated onions. It's on warm now until late tomorrow (around three or four).

ingenious

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Salisbury steak was pretty good. The only leftovers I had was gravy, mushrooms, and a few slices of potato left. So, tonight, I added macaroni noodles, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese to it and called it beefy macaroni and cheese. :chew:

Tomorrow or the next day, I'm going to take a Polish sausage, a head of cabbage, some potatoes (Yes. I got more today), and an onion and put all of it in the crock pot with beef stock. I decided that, since I'm the only one who like sauerkraut in my house, that I'd be nice and just use cabbage.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I made the Polish sausage. I went to cut up the cabbage and found out that someone had put a head of lettuce in with the cabbage at the store. :chuckle: So, instead of cabbage, I put in Brussels sprouts. It was good, though. I liked it better the second day (leftovers are almost always better). :chuckle:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm attempting my first pot of cream of mushroom soup for tomorrow night's dinner. I decided to add a pound of Italian sausage to it because I needed to use it before it went bad. Tonight, I put a package of sliced mushrooms, a pound of Italian sausage, about half an onion chopped, and two cups of chicken broth in my crock pot. Tomorrow, I will add between one and two cloves of garlic, cream, and flour to thicken the broth. Hopefully, I didn't mess it up by adding the sausage.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Soup cannot be messed up by adding sausage. I can think of very few things that are messed up by sausage....like a penut and butter jelly sandwich.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Soup cannot be messed up by adding sausage. I can think of very few things that are messed up by sausage....like a penut and butter jelly sandwich.

It turned out pretty good, Nick. It tastes more like sausage and garlic than mushroom soup. But, I like it a lot.