Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life is fragile.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
    Yes, it is. Thank you.




    Again, yes - it is. Don't make them guess what you would have wanted or not wanted, and don't allow the opportunity for your wishes to not be carried out in a timely manner or at all.
    so tell us anna

    where they keeping that person alive longer than necessary?
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
      so tell us anna

      where they keeping that person alive longer than necessary?
      Why don't you go back to one of the threads you designed to do this sort of thing in? She just lost someone who mattered to her. You may not be able to fully appreciate that, only appearing to care about people you haven't met, but at least pretend to have a vestige of simple decency and leave off this sort of thing. It wasn't invited.
      You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

      Pro-Life






      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
        Why don't you go back to one of the threads you designed to do this sort of thing in? She just lost someone who mattered to her. You may not be able to fully appreciate that, only appearing to care about people you haven't met, but at least pretend to have a vestige of simple decency and leave off this sort of thing. It wasn't invited.
        she brought it here
        but
        she doesn't want to discuss it?

        was that clear in the opening post?
        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
          she brought it here
          She brought something here. Not your agenda. And she's made it clear that she doesn't want to discuss it with you. Now you can continue and be the next Asperger's poster child around here or you can act like a mensch and make up the ground you're losing with this sort of effort.

          It's on you, one way or the other.
          You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

          Pro-Life






          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
            And she's made it clear that she doesn't want to discuss it with you.
            I missed that part
            a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
              I missed that part
              Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
              I guess one insensitive post wasn't enough.

              The doctors did their job, they did an excellent job, and they knew when it was time to let her go and I agreed with them. There's more to the story than that, but I'm not going to talk about it with you. But everyone who cares about how and when they go should have a health directive in place with the doctor and with the hospital. Don't rely on anyone else to do that for you.
              Which was in response to your:
              Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
              why not let the doctors do their job

              they know when it is time to let them go
              You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

              Pro-Life






              Comment


              • #52
                well I am very interested in this topic
                and
                want to present my views
                so
                put me on ignore
                if
                it upsets you
                a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                  well I am very interested in this topic
                  and want to present my views
                  Which has nothing to do with you addressing someone who only just lost a family member and expressed a disinterest in speaking to you, particularly you on the topic.

                  But that's not what's important. What's important is you getting to have your say and to whomever you feel inclined, whenever you feel the inclination.

                  so put me on ignore if it upsets you
                  You don't upset me. You amaze me. Just when I think you couldn't be any smaller, you amaze me.
                  You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                  Pro-Life






                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                    She didn't make it.

                    She had the biggest heart. She gave the most purely unconditional love of anyone I've ever known, or will ever know.
                    I'm sad for your loss, but what a wonderful legacy to leave behind.

                    My dad loved being around other people, of all ages. He lived to laugh and joke around with people, to create that spirit of joy and friendship. He drove school bus as a second job for many years mostly just because is had so much fun with the kids. And in his 80s, long after his bus-driving days, he still had middle aged men and women coming up to him and asking if he remembered them riding his bus as children. And you could tell they all remembered him fondly.

                    My dad would drive a a gasoline truck all night long, from 6pm to about 4am, sleep for a few hours, drive school bus in the morning, sleep for a few more hours and then drive bus again in the afternoon; eat dinner, and go back to work driving the gas truck. And he not only never complained, he actually ENJOYED it! And in the summer, instead of driving the school bus, he would collect up all the kids in the neighborhood, and take us out on a boat to swim for the afternoon! Which meant he'd have to call all the parents and reassure them their kid would be looked after. Not always an easy task.

                    He made so many great memories for so many people! Just because he genuinely liked them. Old and young, made no difference to him. He was just as happy to sit around a wood stove and tell stories and make jokes with the oldsters as he was to create a fun afternoon for the neighborhood kids.

                    It's sad that such people have to die. But we all do. I just think that to leave that kind of a legacy of warmth and joy behind, is a truly great thing.

                    Here is his old boat; the "Hoot-N-Nanny". It was a steel utility boat build for catching bait fish. And of course my dad happened to know the brothers that built it, and bought it off them for a song. He had the top extended, painted it up, put a swim platform on the back, and put the loudest set of truck air horns on it I've ever heard! We sure had a lot of fun with it.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Anna, I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was amazing and a beautiful person.

                      Chrys, shut up you insensitive git.
                      Well this is fun isn't it?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                        well I am very interested in this topic
                        and
                        want to present my views
                        so
                        put me on ignore
                        if
                        it upsets you
                        This isn't the thread for you to showcase how little you care about the pain and suffering of others.

                        Make your own.
                        TRUST
                        is a fragile thing.

                        Easy to break, Easy to lose
                        and one of the hardest things to
                        ever get back.







                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                          Anna, I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was amazing and a beautiful person.

                          Chrys, shut up you insensitive git.
                          Thank you, I don't think she ever realized the extent of her capacity to love, often in the face of a great deal of hardship. She didn't stop to think about it, she just did it.

                          Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by PureX View Post
                            I'm sad for your loss, but what a wonderful legacy to leave behind.

                            My dad loved being around other people, of all ages. He lived to laugh and joke around with people, to create that spirit of joy and friendship. He drove school bus as a second job for many years mostly just because is had so much fun with the kids. And in his 80s, long after his bus-driving days, he still had middle aged men and women coming up to him and asking if he remembered them riding his bus as children. And you could tell they all remembered him fondly.

                            My dad would drive a a gasoline truck all night long, from 6pm to about 4am, sleep for a few hours, drive school bus in the morning, sleep for a few more hours and then drive bus again in the afternoon; eat dinner, and go back to work driving the gas truck. And he not only never complained, he actually ENJOYED it! And in the summer, instead of driving the school bus, he would collect up all the kids in the neighborhood, and take us out on a boat to swim for the afternoon! Which meant he'd have to call all the parents and reassure them their kid would be looked after. Not always an easy task.

                            He made so many great memories for so many people! Just because he genuinely liked them. Old and young, made no difference to him. He was just as happy to sit around a wood stove and tell stories and make jokes with the oldsters as he was to create a fun afternoon for the neighborhood kids.

                            It's sad that such people have to die. But we all do. I just think that to leave that kind of a legacy of warmth and joy behind, is a truly great thing.

                            Here is his old boat; the "Hoot-N-Nanny". It was a steel utility boat build for catching bait fish. And of course my dad happened to know the brothers that built it, and bought it off them for a song. He had the top extended, painted it up, put a swim platform on the back, and put the loudest set of truck air horns on it I've ever heard! We sure had a lot of fun with it.
                            What a great story, PureX. Thank you for sharing your dad with us, he sounds like someone who enjoyed life to the fullest. What an inspiration.

                            And I'm very glad he had you to take care of him in his last years.

                            Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
                              How did this turn into a thread about liberals?
                              It's called the 'Hegelian Dialectic" and its victims can only see a subject in terms of thesis/antithesis. Those so afflicted are usually unaware of it. This malady causes its victims to categorize all they see and hear as either black/white, left/right or whatever the proffered paradigm might be. There is no grey and there is no in between for those so afflicted.
                              Some drink at the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by fzappa13 View Post
                                It's called the 'Hegelian Dialectic" and its victims can only see a subject in terms of thesis/antithesis. Those so afflicted are usually unaware of it. This malady causes its victims to categorize all they see and hear as either black/white, left/right or whatever the proffered paradigm might be. There is no grey and there is no in between for those so afflicted.

                                It's thesis, antithesis, synthesis.

                                It's the synthesis that's problematical for those who see no gray, because they see synthesis as a capitulation.

                                Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X