Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life is fragile.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    first they take care of us
    then we are on our own
    then we take care of ours
    then we are on our own again
    then we take care of them
    then we are on our own again
    then we take care of theirs
    then we are on our own again
    then ours take care of us
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
      What’s going to happen in the years ahead as the baby boomers age? The first wave of boomers is just hitting the beach, and there are 70 million more who are following them...
      Pr 8:36

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
        can't tell if you are joking about this
        but
        that is interesting and funny
        No, I'm quite serious.
        Some drink at the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

        Comment


        • #19
          I actually take comfort in the fact that my life is not all that 'precious'. I am just one of many, many, many millions of human beings that have come before, and will come after. And pretty much everything I have experienced, and thought, and wanted, and lost, will be experienced and thought and wanted and lost by countless others. Nothing about me is unique, really. Everything I am already exists to one degree and in one part or another in everyone else. And pretty much always will.

          In a lot of ways I think it's tragic to see ourselves as being so terminally unique. When in truth, we aren't really all that unique, at all.

          About the 'baby boomers', I think in many ways they will reap what they've sown. I admire their generation with it's creativity and idealism in the 60s, and it's desire to change society for the better. But then look what they did in middle age! They let their own greed destroy most of what they'd struggled to make better, and then let it destroy even the great society that their parents generation (our greatest generation) had achieved. And, now, in their oncoming old age, they resent the young, and the poor, and disadvantaged, out of spite.

          How sadly that generation is ending up, compared to how amazingly it began!

          Anyway, great post anna, I just spent the last 6 years seeing my father through to his end. And it does take a amazing degree of care, and effort, and patience, and endurance. I think he would have preferred to cut it short by his own hand if he were able. Maybe it's time our society reconsiders this possibility for people. I don't know.

          There is much I don't know. And never will.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by PureX View Post
            I actually take comfort in the fact that my life is not all that 'precious'. I am just one of many, many, many millions of human beings that have come before, and will come after. And pretty much everything I have experienced, and thought, and wanted, and lost, will be experienced and thought and wanted and lost by countless others. Nothing about me is unique, really. Everything I am already exists to one degree and in one part or another in everyone else. And pretty much always will.

            In a lot of ways I think it's tragic to see ourselves as being so terminally unique. When in truth, we aren't really all that unique, at all.

            About the 'baby boomers', I think in many ways they will reap what they've sown. I admire their generation in many ways, with it's creativity and idealism in the 60s, and it's desire to change society for the better. But then look what they did in middle age! They let their own greed destroy most of what they'd struggled to make better, and then destroy even the great society that their parents generation (our greatest generation) had achieved. And, now, in their oncoming old age, they're resenting the young, and the poor, and disadvantaged out of spite.

            How sadly that generation is ending up, compared to how amazingly it began!

            Anyway, great post anna, I just spent the last 6 years seeing my father through to his end. And it does take a amazing degree of care, and effort, and patience, and endurance. I think he would have preferred to cut it short by his own hand if he were able. Maybe it's time our society reconsiders this possibility for people. I don't know.

            There is much I don't know. And never will.
            I find you unique. One of my art teachers in college replied to my comment on painting flowers. I stated "They've been done so beautifully by so many artists already"!
            Her reply "But not by you"!
            So, whatever I chose to paint would be uniquely my expression which only I could do.
            The position I take is that yes there is so much to know and I shall only know portions of what there is to know. BUT, I shall keep on questing and searching to know stuff. And what I know I shall share, and listen to what others know.
            Whenever a light bulb goes on in my head I am transmogrified with joy!

            Comment


            • #21
              purex is not unique
              he is a typical liberal
              treat everyone the same
              and
              use government to do it
              don't allow for individual differences
              don't let anyone get ahead
              no more prizes for the best
              no more awards that recognize outstanding achievement
              a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by fzappa13 View Post
                No, I'm quite serious.
                while I agree with you
                that
                interaction between grandparents and grandchildren is important
                promotion of nursing homes and daycare centers only helps to destroy the family concept
                so
                let's promote the real purpose of marriage in a effort to keep the family together
                a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                  purex is not unique
                  he is a typical liberal
                  treat everyone the same
                  and
                  use government to do it
                  don't allow for individual differences
                  don't let anyone get ahead
                  no more prizes for the best
                  no more awards that recognize outstanding achievement
                  Yup! Everyone gets a blue ribbon. Hence it has no meaning.

                  Comment


                  • #24

                    We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                    They already know monsters exist.
                    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                      purex is not unique
                      he is a typical liberal
                      Is it that you don't understand the typical liberal or that you don't understand Pure?

                      treat everyone the same
                      And your neighbor as yourself?

                      and
                      use government to do it
                      Oh. How many prisons have you personally visited this week? How many people in need have you fed, widows have you sat down with? How many kids have you taught, families have you personally pitched in and helped through disaster? That sort of thing. We tithe and we pay taxes because we realize it's the most effective way to do those things and because most of us spend our days providing for the immediate needs of our families.

                      Life.

                      don't allow for individual differences
                      Chrys, that's all relativists do...even when they do it badly. Or some relativists are a lot like a some Christians, often enough. They have the speech down pat, but fall apart when they start to apply it.

                      don't let anyone get ahead
                      no more prizes for the best
                      no more awards that recognize outstanding achievement
                      If by awards you mean 98% of the wealth, likely...greedy liberals.
                      You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                      Pro-Life






                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                        purex is not unique
                        he is a typical liberal
                        Why, THANK YOU!


                        Comment


                        • #27
                          At the expense of being cautiously moderate, as the conservative is, and turning domestic disputes into one big, giant joke after another.

                          #'hey look, that latino dude killed a black dude. let's loot some stores and blame white people!'
                          #'this is utterly fabricated and unhistorical, but let's go demand that the confederate flag represents hate!'
                          #'look, it's some guy who believes in traditional marriage, let's go ruin his life!'

                          Lets praise these apparant grandmaster paragons of pure righteousness for the definition they SO OBVIOUSLY live by. Which is changed- the definition of 'liberal' has been altered, go figure. If you called them that a hundred years ago even they would laugh in your face.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Cons&Spires View Post
                            At the expense of being cautiously moderate, as the conservative is, and turning domestic disputes into one big, giant joke after another.

                            #'hey look, that latino dude killed a black dude. let's loot some stores and blame white people!'
                            #'this is utterly fabricated and unhistorical, but let's go demand that the confederate flag represents hate!'
                            #'look, it's some guy who believes in traditional marriage, let's go ruin his life!'

                            Lets praise these apparant grandmaster paragons of pure righteousness for the definition they SO OBVIOUSLY live by. Which is changed- the definition of 'liberal' has been altered, go figure. If you called them that a hundred years ago even they would laugh in your face.


                            Well, when you define "liberals" as being anyone who does anything that is bad or stupid, or anyone who does or says anything that makes conservatives look bad or stupid, then of course the people you call "liberals" will not align with this dictionary definition. But when you just make up whatever meaning you want to, for whatever words you want to, and you apply them however you want to because that supports your idiotic and vitriolic bias, then that's bound to happen, don't you think?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                              while I agree with you
                              that
                              interaction between grandparents and grandchildren is important
                              promotion of nursing homes and daycare centers only helps to destroy the family concept
                              so
                              let's promote the real purpose of marriage in a effort to keep the family together
                              I'm all for it but fractional reserve banking has gradually had it effect and now most families that have two parents find both of them working. This put a burden on the family to care for the young and the old. This is doubly true for single parents.

                              The more conspiratorial of us might even suggest that government subsidization of these institutions is allowing people to work under these circumstance for the very purpose of fostering this disconnect for less than wholesome purposes.

                              So, what's your suggestion?
                              Some drink at the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                How did this turn into a thread about liberals?

                                Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X