Life is fragile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sigh View Post
    Hi Anna, I really appreciated your writing here, that I quoted up above. I disagree with your very last statement, the conclusion after writing where you going with all this. But since you added you weren't sure I thought you wouldn't mind if I thought you must be close to what I think will help cut down on regrets, but I'm just not sure what it is. But maybe you were not thinking about cutting down on regrets? Don't know.
    Regrets ? I've had a few . . . but then again, too few to mention -

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
      haha..... You are a goofball!
      Thanks for making TOL a better place.
      Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

Comment

Hi Anna, I really appreciated your writing here, that I quoted up above. I disagree with your very last statement, the conclusion after writing where you going with all this. But since you added you weren't sure I thought you wouldn't mind if I thought you must be close to what I think will help cut down on regrets, but I'm just not sure what it is. But maybe you were not thinking about cutting down on regrets? Don't know.
        Hi Sigh (I miss your old username). Welcome back, and my thoughts are with you and your mom.

And thanks, but I'm not sure where you saw regrets in my last statement in that post. I was just thinking about how fleeting life is, and how terribly fragile. And look, another year has passed since I wrote it. That's a lot of moments.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

• Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post
          Hi Sigh (I miss your old username). Welcome back, and my thoughts are with you and your mom.

And thanks, but I'm not sure where you saw regrets in my last statement in that post. I was just thinking about how fleeting life is, and how terribly fragile. And look, another year has passed since I wrote it. That's a lot of moments.
          Wow, Anna, I did not see the date at all. And you are right that is indeed an example of how time slips away, or marches on, or perhaps even more uncomfortably - seeing a whole lot of moments have come and gone. I did bring up regrets when you didn't because as Bobbie Burns explained to the wee mousie, we are the ones who can look forward and backward. Why else live every moment as you put it? But as I did say that I feared that wasn't the answer - since one could do everything that popped into view and yet at the end we could see we did not do the most important things, do you agree? And like right now I could regret I didn't see this OP when it first came out - or I can be so glad it was up and alve now as I sit with my mom who is napping with tubes all around her. Because if I'm going to lose my mom I want to have as few regrets as possible. But My grandma told us all that there would always be some,it's our nature I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6days View Post
            haha..... You are a goofball!
            Thanks for making TOL a better place.
            That's not how you spell "bitter".

Over the wintry
            forest, winds howl in rage
            with no leaves to blow. -
            Natsume Soseki
            You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Wow, Anna, I did not see the date at all. And you are right that is indeed an example of how time slips away, or marches on, or perhaps even more uncomfortably - seeing a whole lot of moments have come and gone. I did bring up regrets when you didn't because as Bobbie Burns explained to the wee mousie, we are the ones who can look forward and backward. Why else live every moment as you put it? But as I did say that I feared that wasn't the answer - since one could do everything that popped into view and yet at the end we could see we did not do the most important things, do you agree? And like right now I could regret I didn't see this OP when it first came out - or I can be so glad it was up and alve now as I sit with my mom who is napping with tubes all around her. Because if I'm going to lose my mom I want to have as few regrets as possible. But My grandma told us all that there would always be some,it's our nature I guess.
              I'm so sorry about your mom with tubes all around her. And so glad that she has you to be with her, and that you have a chance to be by her side, and talk with her, and be her advocate.

The woman I was talking about in the OP passed away a short time afterward, so she's been gone for over a year now. I miss her terribly, she was like a mom to me and she told me many times she loved me as much as if I'd been her own child. She was quirky, and could be really exasperating, but how I wish I could still have some moments to deal with her quirky again.

Yes, I think we all have regrets, I don't think you get through life without them. We do have the ability to look forward and backward, it's true, and sometimes I really torture myself doing both. I'm trying to be better at living in the present moment, but it's very hard to do.

I hope you're holding up all right, you have a unique way of looking at things that I've always enjoyed, despite our occasional run-ins.

I'll send you a friend request so you can PM me if there's ever a time you'd find it helpful to talk about your mom's situation.

Comment

• Very great and kind post thank you, Anna! Makes me glad. And afraid. Lol. Yes please send me a friend thingy i hope it wont be too different or difficult from our old way. I would like to be your friend. However, just saying that, dear sweet human soul who can also be salty when you feel you need to be, this should make us pause for thought. I would like to think I'm older and wise...But even writing that makes me say one word: Sigh. Well two more words: Thanks Anna!

Comment

Very great and kind post thank you, Anna! Makes me glad. And afraid. Lol. Yes please send me a friend thingy i hope it wont be too different or difficult from our old way. I would like to be your friend. However, just saying that, dear sweet human soul who can also be salty when you feel you need to be, this should make us pause for thought. I would like to think I'm older and wise...But even writing that makes me say one word: Sigh. Well two more words: Thanks Anna!
                  I sent you the friend request, and thank you, I would like to be your friend too. (Although I can't make any promises about future saltiness...) You'll have to click on the little notifications icon at the top of your screen to see the request and then accept by clicking the little checkbox when you see my avatar icon show up.. or something close to that. I can't exactly remember.

Comment

• Very gracious and informative reply, thank you again Anna. I like to write your first name, it is nice, pretty and a little musical even. But I have always loved your last name. Too long to print over and over but those two names, your first and last, said together just makes me want to go back to Rome NY. Or at least watch a Godfather or something. Some one actually thought I was being racist or something because I think I may have said you were a spicy meatball. But I'm part Nordic, had an interesting friend from Japan and just love variety. Of course you may have a great name but you may have married part of it so I'm not saying you actually have to be Italian, no, and I don't have to sleep with the fishes for saying it, no. Italian is one language I may have to learn though. Sorry to ramble. Back to some washing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                      That's not how you spell "bitter".

Over the wintry
                      forest, winds howl in rage
                      with no leaves to blow. -
                      Natsume Soseki
                      I love Soseki's work !!

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                        Ahh so we know one song you like

Comment

• Brave girl who sang heartbreaking bedside duet with Florence & the Machine dies of cancer at just 15

Karinya fought the good fight. May she rest in peace.

Bless you, Florence, for your genuine kindness of heart.

Comment

Finishing up a degree in psychology, planning a master's in social work.
                            Highly commendable. You need the advance degree to work in the field, otherwise, BA in psychology alone might make one a better salesperson, or businessperson.

You may remember I went all the way in psychology, yet it was then, the major field in psychology was experimental psychology and those in the field usually wished to continue on with experimental psychology. Very few became therapists until after the early 1960s.

They should include this departure form experimental psychology in the history of psychology, rather than dwelling so much on structuralism, functionalism and Titchener' departure from Willian Wundt.
                            So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Last year I started visiting someone with Alzheimer's disease, I've been able to spend time with him on pretty much a weekly basis. It's been difficult watching the disease progress in this sweet man with his gentle sense of humor. He still knows who I am, but most of his conversation is centered in a time/space reality that only he can see. I've come to love him like my own family, and it was really hard to find out today that he's going into hospice.
                              My sweet companion with Alzheimer's disease has passed away.

I used to write down some of the things he told me so I wouldn't forget. One of the last things he said to me, in the midst of a lot of fragments that weren't connected to each other was this, and it was as clear as a bell: "I hope you make out okay, kiddo. I want you to be happy."

I hope he's very, very happy right now, somewhere beyond here. He was a gentle man, with a beautiful soul.

Comment

And like right now I could regret I didn't see this OP when it first came out - or I can be so glad it was up and alve now as I sit with my mom who is napping with tubes all around her. Because if I'm going to lose my mom I want to have as few regrets as possible. But My grandma told us all that there would always be some,it's our nature I guess.
                                Thinking of you and your mom, Sigh. Sending you much love.

Comment

Working...
                                X