Are we really one Body

rougueone

Have we ever considered we are not our own? But literaly Gods Temple, the place of Jesus, is our body ? Literally.
Do you not know that…you are not your own? —1 Corinthians 6:19....What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which BELONG TO HOLY God.

If so:

When two or more are gathered in HIS NAME and agree that we belong to GOD
and are indwelled by HIS HOLY SPIRIT, we are on the WAY to HIS IDEA of ONE.
You see, we are to SUBMIT/AGREE to HIS IDEA of us, HIS BODY, you, me BEING HIS ONE.
We don’t necessarily have to agree with each other.

It is not our place, the BODY of MESSIAH ---me, you----, , to tell another, in HIS BODY--,you, me how to believe
and what to follow. If HOLY SPIRIT is IN that one, we must submit to HOLY SPIRIT’S WORK
IN that one. We are here to SHOW HOLY SPIRIT’S WORK through us and IN us.

We are to share what we know and understand of our responsibility in HIS BODY .you, me
We expect others to share what they know and understand about their responsibility
in HIS BODY--you, me..

ONE, of HIS BODY---you, me, will be known by ONE'S FRUIT.

We do not tell and we do not know how anyone should live their lives except, that one’s life should HONOR GOD. If we do not understand your way of living for HIM, as long as we know, by your FRUIT, that you are for HIM, we know that you are not against us.

If a foot in HIS BODY, would try to tell a hand, in HIS BODY, how to live, that foot would
be working against the HEAD. Why would a foot, tell a hand how to be? That foot would
be trying to change the HEAD'S WORK in and on that part of HIS BODY. The HEAD,
would not be pleased.

GOD CREATED every part of HIS BODY--me, you, for HIS PURPOSE and HIS PURPOSE only.
It is not for us to go and change that part to be like us. HE CREATED us UNIQUE because HE WANTS us to need each other.

What we don’t know; another may know. What another does not know; we may know;and so on. In our CREATED differences, we should realize how much we need each other.

This is MY understanding of HIS PLAN. We are to be ONE because that is HIS INTENTION.
Let Us Not Compare Each Other to Each Other. Each of us are PERFECTLY CREATED to BE what HE CREATED us to BE.

HE is forming each us, right now.

2COR 10:12
For we dare not make ourselves of the number,
or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves:
but they measuring themselves by themselves,
and comparing themselves among themselves,
are not wise.
2COR 10:13
But we will not boast of things without our measure,
but according to the measure of the rule
which God hath distributed to us,
a measure to reach even unto you

For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure,
as though we reached not unto you:
for we are come as far as to you
also in preaching the gospel of Christ:

Not boasting of things without our measure,
that is, of other men's labours; but having hope,
when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you
according to our rule abundantly,

To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you,
and not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand.
2COR 10:17
But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
2COR 10:18
For not he that commendeth himself is approved,
but whom the Lord commendeth.

HIS PLAN IS that in our differences, SUBMITTED to HIS SPIRIT,
we WILL BE HIS ONE BODY, WHO WILL BE HIS STRENGTH
here on earth. What a GOD!!!

COME and TEACH us of your REVELATIONS but remember,
if one gets upset in one's witness, that one is witnessing for one's self,
not for GOD. GOD does not need to prove HIMSELF.

Body of Messiah Ministry...."US" Our Jesus in us, our body, Loving each other and all other's.[/COLOR][/B]

Last edited:

Lon

I like it but would suggest that separation of doctrine is also a good thing. There were 7 churches, for instance, in Revelation. The umbrella came later in the sense of unifying Christians but it also allowed for abuses. The Reformation might seem outa control, but we actually do better than what might appear here on TOL. I really do appreciate and love a lot of people on TOL, even the bone-heads. I actually enjoy the 'banter' because I don't take it as seriously as others (most of the time), within the Christian community. I'd way rather be told where to go by a brother/sister (even if he/she doesn't think I'm one), than deal with the pains and problems the world thrusts upon itself. I believe separation keeps us on our toes, but I also enjoy ecumenical-type(without being wishy-washy) conferences, evangelistic gatherings, and celebrations.

More closely related to the OP:
There are plenty of people who love the Lord that disagree.

As an open view Christian I would rate the possibility to be pretty good that Calvinists and OVers don't really understand each others positions. I know my buddy Lon and I are really looking forward to spending time together on the other side after Jesus sorts it all out for us!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Have we ever considered we are not our own? But literaly Gods Temple, the place of Jesus, is our body ? Literally.

no
we are part of Jesus
each and everyone of us

my little finger is part of me
but
it is not me
and
it will die
if
it is cut off

rougueone

I like it but would suggest that separation of doctrine is also a good thing. There were 7 churches, for instance, in Revelation. The umbrella came later in the sense of unifying Christians but it also allowed for abuses. The Reformation might seem outa control, but we actually do better than what might appear here on TOL. I really do appreciate and love a lot of people on TOL, even the bone-heads. I actually enjoy the 'banter' because I don't take it as seriously as others (most of the time), within the Christian community. I'd way rather be told where to go by a brother/sister (even if he/she doesn't think I'm one), than deal with the pains and problems the world thrusts upon itself. I believe separation keeps us on our toes, but I also enjoy ecumenical-type(without being wishy-washy) conferences, evangelistic gatherings, and celebrations.

More closely related to the OP:

Separation? Being denominations ?

rougueone

no
we are part of Jesus
each and everyone of us

my little finger is part of me
but
it is not me
and
it will die
if
it is cut off

1 Corinthians 6:19....What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
The Scripture states we are "in whole dwelt by Holy Spirit". Not in part. Thus we are ONE. Because God is not "in part".

For he is our peace, who hath made both one,
and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity,
even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;
for to make in himself of twain (two) (into) one new man,
so making peace;
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body
by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:
And came and preached peace to you which were afar off,
and to them that were nigh.

For through him Jesus, we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Jesus was-is "ONE" with the Father.
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners,
but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets,
Jesus our Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

In whom all the building fitly framed together
groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
In whom ye also are builded together
for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
EPH 2:10-22

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 6:19....What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
The Scripture states we are "in whole dwelt by Holy Spirit". Not in part. Thus we are ONE. Because God is not "in part".

we were talking about Jesus

rougueone

who are you excluding?

But within the Body-church of Jesus, we are still one unique body-of Disciples. With varying degree's of difference.
Exclusions are those who are not of Gods body, of Disciples. The original post is "Are we one Body". If so, we are not to be telling other's of our same body to be like us. If they are Holy and their fruit good, they are of Christ.

ONE, of HIS BODY, will be known by ONE'S FRUIT.

We do not tell and we do not know how anyone should live their lives except, that one’s life should HONOR GOD. If we do not understand your way of living for HIM, as long as we know, by your FRUIT, that you are for HIM, we know that you are not against us.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
But within the Body-church of Jesus, we are still one unique body-of Disciples. With varying degree's of difference.
Exclusions are those who are not of Gods body, of Disciples. The original post is "Are we one Body". If so, we are not to be telling other's of our same body to be like us. If they are Holy and their fruit good, they are of Christ.

did you exclude anyone?

rougueone

did you exclude anyone?

"exclusions". Another thread. This pertains to Gods people. Those who are born again, indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

"exclusions". Another thread. This pertains to Gods people. Those who are born again, indwelt with the Holy Spirit.

you might end up excluding yourself