Snowballs Can Chip Teeth....

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
....If they are crammed in your face hard enough!

....If they are crammed in your face hard enough!

Quote:
BROOKLYN (CN) - Officers made a pile of snow and shoved it into a New Yorker's face after she tried to film the arrest of her brother whom they had just shot, a family says in Federal Court.
Hina Rizvi and her adult daughter, Nimra Khawaja, say they ran out of their Jamaica Estates apartment on Jan. 5, 2014, after getting a call saying that a plain-clothed Nassau County police officer had shot Muhammad Ali, Rizvi's son and Khwaja's brother, in the chest.
It was about 4 p.m., and Ali was out celebrating his 21st birthday, according to the complaint.
Even though shot Ali was shot "near his heart and other vital organs," officers handcuffed and pushed him against the hood of a police car, the complaint states.
Khawaja says she tried to film the incident on her cellphone, but cops grabbed her and threw her phone away, sending her face-first "onto the snowy ground."
She says officers then began to shovel snow into a mound and "shoved snow directly into her mouth."
Khawaja allegedly told officers that she couldn't breathe, and in that moment, "felt like she was going to die."
"None of the other police officers intervened," according to the 20-page complaint.
The ambulance that Khawaja summoned allegedly did not come for more than 15 minutes.
As police kept Khawaja sitting in the snow, her mouth bruised and with her front teeth chipped because of the excessive force, they forbade the woman's sister from getting boots for her.
They put the sisters and their mother in handcuffs, and placed them in three different police cars.
Because Rizvi's 11-year-old daughter was now home alone, officers allegedly got the girl and put her in a fourth police car.
The family seeks damages for civil rights violations, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of mental and emotional distress and negligence.
Charges of disorderly conduct against all three women were dismissed, they say.
A spokeswoman with the Suffolk County Police Department declined to comment Tuesday. The NYPD did not respond to a request for comment.

I can't believe adults would go this far overboard... I guess the officer had a lot of rage to turn a snow-ball attack into a near suffocating, teeth-chipping event. My mind never conceived of such an event from anyone - let alone from a grown adult at work.

i don't even want to know the details. it's possible that Ali was trying to "sting like a bee" on his birthday. you narrated the story as if 4 cop cars showed up and shot the birthday boy and slapped the women around. i'll tell that at the campfire - :patrol:

1PeaceMaker

i don't even want to know the details. it's possible that Ali was trying to "sting like a bee" on his birthday. you narrated the story as if 4 cop cars showed up and shot the birthday boy and slapped the women around. i'll tell that at the campfire - :patrol:

I didn't narrate anything. That was a story from around the web here and there.

I was just surprised that snow could be used to chip teeth, as I'd never heard of an incident like that before and also that cops would use snow in such a fashion on the job. I thought they had tazers? :think: