St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
For the first time in the 99 year history of Wrigley Field, the Cubs closed out a series at Wrigley Field.

It IS amazing after all. Even as a Cardinal fan, part of me says we have been on top too much lately. We really got lucky all year with the players we have/had on the field/line-up.

I am excited for the Cubs especially since the Red Sox ended their curse.
This is huge for that Theo Epstein guy because he built the Red Sox WS teams. He is like a baseball guru good luck charm. I heard he is MAD too !!!

View attachment 20502

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is huge for that Theo Epstein guy

If the Cubs win the WS, Theo Epstein will go down as the greatest GM in the history of baseball.

Branch Rickey signed Jackie Robinson, and drafted Roberto Clemente, but Epstein has led the Red Sox to a WS vicorty (after an 85 year drought), and could lead the Cubs to a WS victory after an 106 year drought.

I heard he is MAD too !!!

I doubt it, he's a Jew.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Not Jewish

Aren't some Jews MAD ?

Nope

Paul who?

"O.J. Simpson, not a Jew. But guess who is? Hall of Famer Rod Carew.” - Adam Sandler

Other notable Jewish baseball players:

Sandy Koufax
Hank Greenberg
Al Rosen
Shawn Green

Remember the movie "Airplane"?

The movie had this famous line:

“Would you like something to read?”
“Do you have anything light?”
“How about this leaflet, ‘Famous Jewish Sports Legends.'”

Famous Jewish Sports Legends.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
LOL. Good stuff tet !

Well, the Blue Jays won game 5 clinching a spot for the ALCS. One game tonight, starting now on fox sports here, winner plays Toronto.

I'm rooting for the Royals because the are a true American League team and there are a Missouri team to boot. Plus they were in the World Series last year and almost won.

6days

Well, the Blue Jays won game 5 clinching a spot for the ALCS. One game tonight, starting now on fox sports here, winner plays Toronto.
Go Jays!
What did you make of the run Texas scored in the 7th? I didn't see it but heard the ump allowed the run even though he had called time out.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What did you make of the run Texas scored in the 7th? I didn't see it but heard the ump allowed the run even though he had called time out.

The run should have counted (as it did). However, the ump did call time before the runner crossed home.

Thankfully, it had no impact on the outcome of the game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is where baseball gets real, when there are just 4 teams left, then 2. After tonight and tomorrow, 4 teams left.

It is looking like today could be a bad day for baseball in the state of Texas.

Toronto already eliminated the Texas Rangers, and the Houston Astros are losing to the Royals as of this post.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Big game now on tbs Mets/Dodgers, loser starts winter. KC and Toronto play tomorrow night and Cubs on Saturday ! Big Baseball weekend.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Cardinal nation is crushed. And Nick is like :mock:

Yeah it hurts, but I get used to it. Winning in 06 and 11 and then always making the play-offs gets old after a while. Here in the Lou we accept that the little guys sometimes get the crumbs. Go Royals !! keepin' MO alive !!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some of the bigger nonsense is always about the Cubs. They say this is the year all the time, won't happen, its the Cubs. And I said, so if they switch rosters your excellent starting pitching will now go in the tank? Seriously?

There is some serious hurt going on regarding not just losing, but to the Cubs. So much for a Royals/Cardinals series. I wanted to see it. As opposed to ESPN who wanted the Dodgers and Rangers.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Some of the bigger nonsense is always about the Cubs. They say this is the year all the time, won't happen, its the Cubs. And I said, so if they switch rosters your excellent starting pitching will now go in the tank? Seriously?

There is some serious hurt going on regarding not just losing, but to the Cubs. So much for a Royals/Cardinals series. I wanted to see it. As opposed to ESPN who wanted the Dodgers and Rangers.

Well with a Cubs WS win somehow, it would be amazing for the city, but the curse lingers. I wanted Cards/Royals last year too but the Bum was too much. Sure I'm disappointed but not as much as the players/coaches