St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you're a regular Bob Hope today, aren't you, Mayor? Why don't you "hobnob" with your golfing buddies at "the office," leaving "early," as is your MO, by going down to your local country club, and putting tacks under the tires of the golf carts, so that you can have free reign on the back nine? That would be just like you, and your Fred Rutherford type buddies, you character! And remember, fella-it is bad etiquette, to pick up your opponent's golf ball, while it is still rolling.

I just hope you will treat PJ with the same respect as your Esquire buddies. A lunch at the Waffle House, dutch, with a quarter tip won't be sufficient. Am I getting through to you, fella?

john w

Hall of Fame
I remember that. He did not look right in Red.
Just like Dale Murphy as a Phillie.

He looked about as right as the great 1 year Cardinal Neil Allen, and the great 1 minor league year Redbird Rick Owenby, whom/who the Birds stole from the Met's, for that rabble rouser Keith Hernandez, whom/who Whitey Herzog jettisoned, because he smoked Marb's, in the dugout, in front of the camera. Curious...

SaulToPaul 2

He looked about as right as the great 1 year Cardinal Neil Allen, and the great 1 minor league year Redbird Rick Owenby, whom/who the Birds stole from the Met's, for that rabble rouser Keith Hernandez, whom/who Whitey Herzog jettisoned, because he smoked Marb's, in the dugout, in front of the camera. Curious...

The Marlboro lights helped Keith come down from his pregame coke binge.
Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful...

SaulToPaul 2

As a kid, we went to Atlanta for a 3 day homestand against the LA Dodgers.
My 9 year old eyes saw Dusty Baker smoking brown cigarettes in the Dodgers dugout.

john w

Hall of Fame
As a kid, we went to Atlanta for a 3 day homestand against the LA Dodgers.
My 9 year old eyes saw Dusty Baker smoking brown cigarettes in the Dodgers dugout.

Did they have smokes, back in 1954, when you were 9 years old? I thought they just had candy smokes at that time? I kill me!