St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

The Berean

Perspective:

pMLB2-7017854dt.jpg

Sure. I never claimed the Giants have as many titles as the Yankees do. No one is remotely close to them. But the Giants do have the second highest franchise winning percentage behind the Yankees and the franchise has existed since 1883. Also, the 2010-14 Giants are the first National League team to win three World Series titles in a five year span since the 1942-46 St. Louis Cardinals.

The Berean

Strategically. All reasonably priced with futures in St. Louis, even Will Clark, he loved St. Louis, more than the bay.You may notice, no ARod. Clemens, Ichiro, or 'quick" mega contracts for the post-season. Compare all you want, search through history and waste your own time. I can't be fooled.

Now you are just making up stuff. That is simply false. Will Clark is a Giant through and through. He visits At&T Park often. He is on the Giants Wall of Fame. His best seasons came in S.F.

2899437981_fe0fafde21_z.jpg

Here is Will the Thrill going at with Jose Oquendo and that coward Ozzie Smith throwing a cheap shot at Clark from behind. Lost all respect for Ozzie that day.

Last edited:

The Berean

In my previous post that showed the 27 World Series won by the Yankees, the biggest gap since their first World Series in 1923 without a World Series victory was 1979 - 1995 (17 years)

Don Mattingly played for the Yankees from 1979 - 1995.

The Yankees won a World Series in 1978 the year before they drafted Mattingly, and they won a World Series in 1996, the year after Mattingly retired.

In 1997, the Yankees retired Mattingly's number. Mattingly is the only Yankee to have his number retired who never won a World Series.
I think Donnie Baseball retired because his bad back wouldn't let him play anymore. Great hitter, could have been a Hall of Famer if he could have stayed healthy.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sure. I never claimed the Giants have as many titles as the Yankees do. No one is remotely close to them. But the Giants do have the second highest franchise winning percentage behind the Yankees and the franchise has existed since 1883. Also, the 2010-14 Giants are the first National League team to win three World Series titles in a five year span since the 1942-46 St. Louis Cardinals.

Also, the Giants have the second most World Series appearances

Most World Series Appearances:

1) Yankees - 40

2) Giants - 20

3) Cardinals - 19

4) Dodgers - 18

5) Athletics -14

The Berean

The Dodgers, Cardinals and Giants all have about the level of success over their respective franchise histories. All three have great histories.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Say what you will about the Yankees, but of the four major sports, they have won more championships than anyone else

Championships:

MLB) Yankees - 27

NHL) Canadians - 24

NBA) Celtics - 17

NFL) Packers - 13

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Dodgers, Cardinals and Giants all have about the level of success over their respective franchise histories. All three have great histories.

The only difference is that the Cardinals have always been in Missouri.

Can you imagine the Dodgers, Giants, and Yankees all playing in the same city?

Can you imagine the World Series being played in the same city 10 years in a row, and 6 of those World Series never leaving the city?

1949 - NY Yankees beat the Brooklyn Dodgers in World Series

1950 - NY Yankees win World Series

1951 - NY Yankees beat NY Giants in World Series

1952 - NY Yankees beat Brooklyn Dodgers in World Series

1953 - NY Yankees beat Brooklyn Dodgers in World Series

1954 - NY Giants win World Series

1955 - Brooklyn Dodgers beat NY Yankees in World Series

1956 - NY Yankees beat Brooklyn Dodgers in World Series

1957 - NY Yankees lose World Series

1958 - NY Yankees win World Series

Mocking You

Are we going to talk about MLB - 2015 now?

My fave team is the Twins, then the Devil Rays.

The Twins are mired in their worst stretch of baseball--lost 90+ games four years in a row--since, well, ever. They've opened the season losing to the Tigers 4-0 and 11-0. They have not had a baserunner past 2nd base. When you add the last game of last season to the list the Twins have not scored for 28 innings. Someone pranked new manager Paul Molitor by painting home plate on the floor in front of his office door and then locking and barricading the office from the inside, meaning Molitor had to successfully cross home plate to get into his office, something he was unable to do.

The Berean

Chris Heston debuted for the Giants last night. It was an interesting night for him. He hits the first D-Back hitter with his second pitch. He tries to pick him off and promptly throws the ball into right field for a two base error. Then he stumbles on a pitch.

040815_errant_pitch_mid_res_pjp2resf.gif

Despite the silliness he threw 6 inning allowing 2 unearend runs as the Giants won 5-2. :)

Mocking You

Chris Heston debuted for the Giants last night. It was an interesting night for him.

In the video his landing foot lands so far on the third base side of the mound, I'm amazed he didn't sprain an ankle. That foot should be landing directly in front of him with his toes pointed at home plate.

The Berean

In the video his landing foot lands so far on the third base side of the mound, I'm amazed he didn't sprain an ankle. That foot should be landing directly in front of him with his toes pointed at home plate.

His heel was trying to swing to his left but it hit the ground and it tripped him up.