Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seems like several years back we were big on encouraging people to give reps. Lets see if we can't get that going again in a big way. IF you see a good post, don't just let it go... give it a rep. :up:

Buzzword

I give rep all the time, though I get the "you must spread it around" message more often than not.

Though I've never understood the use or purpose of neg repping, especially since way too many people use it instead of responding ON THE THREAD.

PureX

I give rep all the time, though I get the "you must spread it around" message more often than not.

Though I've never understood the use or purpose of neg repping, especially since way too many people use it instead of responding ON THE THREAD.
I try to do both, rep the person and respond on the thread if I can add something.

I don't like "cheerleaders" on the threads, though. And I won't do that.

Buzzword

I try to do both, rep the person and respond on the thread if I can add something.

I don't like "cheerleaders" on the threads, though. And I won't do that.

Agreed.
I give rep without responding on threads all the time, especially since so many around here devolve into ad hom attacks from people I have on Ignore.
But I wasn't necessarily referring to positive repping regarding responding on the thread.

The few neg reps I've gotten were from people who just hurled insults my way in private without taking the time to respond to my comments and actually have a conversation.
And that just seems like a worse-than-useless feature for this site.

Buzzword

I think we need to start over with rep. Wipe the slate clean so to speak.

What do you think?

Do one's rep points even do anything besides show a colored bar under one's avatar?

I've seen people complain about certain member's rep/negrep having "more weight" than others, but I never understood why they took it so seriously.

I mostly enjoy seeing the comments others leave on my posts, but I don't take the number of those comments seriously.

6days

Yay, Purex!!!

Three cheers for Steko!! Ha
I laughed at your comment Steko. . Although having fun with the comment Purex made...I generally agree with his point, but I think it is appropriate once in awhile to add supportive words to what someone else has said.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
I think we need to start over with rep. Wipe the slate clean so to speak.

What do you think?

No No No ! What About The Hard Earned Rep I Have ? Grandfather Clause It, Only Members With 50,000+ Rep Points Perhaps ? It Seems Fair Now, But I Wonder About Years Past When I See A Member With 200,000 + Within Several Years. It IS Your Site, And We Are Just Living In It. Now Gimme Some REP ! :sam:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No No No ! What About The Hard Earned Rep I Have ? Grandfather Clause It, Only Members With 50,000+ Rep Points Perhaps ? It Seems Fair Now, But I Wonder About Years Past When I See A Member With 200,000 + Within Several Years. It IS Your Site, And We Are Just Living In It. Now Gimme Some REP ! :sam:

I just hate it when they beg