Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, devoted TOLers who've been around here since forever. I've missed you guys. :)

I've been away from TOL for quite some time due to some serious health problems. So now that things are pretty stable for me, health wise, for the time being, I kind of felt the need to get back to TOL and maybe introduce myself to some of the newer people on here that I don't know.

I've been on TOL since back in the day when Knight started it around 17 years ago. I gradually got to know Knight and the more I got to know him the closer we got to his family and we even visited them quite a few times. (something I hope to do again some day).

After getting to know Knight so well and hanging out here all the time, we started forming a group of "truthsmackers".

What's a truthsmacker you may ask?

Well, it's a bold Christian who has a backbone. He/she has studied up fairly well on the bible, and knows how to rightly divide the word. He/she is not afraid to judge rightly (even though most Christians are under the misconception that you should never judge). He/she is a radical right winger, ('cause even most supposed right winged people are, in reality, too left wing for us truthsmackers).

A Truthsmacker has a lot of scripture under his belt as well as resources memorized so well that they know them like the back of their hand. One such resource is Bob Enyart's "The Plot" which I highly recommend if you want to learn how to become a real truthsmacker. It will always be my all time favorite books, outside of the bible.

Bottom line is...they know how to debate/take on a "Jello Christian."

What is a "Jello Christian" you may ask?

Well, I'll be more than happy to tell you. This is a Christian with no backbone. He/she has not really studied up on the real meat of the word and doesn't know how to rightly divide it. He/she likes for preachers to tickle their ears with "fluff" or live on the milk of the word instead of taking on the meat, and is simply a coward when it comes to standing up for the truth and will not "Do right and risk the consequences" such as knowing how to debate Calvinism, abortion, homosexuality, gun control, etc.

One thing you learn in truthsmacking, is that you might start a thread of your own or....you might get in on a thread that was started by, let's say, a liberal or a weak, "Jello Christian" and start chiming in on the debate. And then before you know it, some other truthsmackers come along to see what the debate is all about and they've got your back. They themselves then start chiming in on the debate to help out. And it's really great, because the more Truthsmackers you have who come along and help you out while your taking on a debate with someone, the better.

So, anyway, back to Knight and myself. We actually got really close over the years. He became, to me, the big Christian brother that I never had. And like I said, me and my husband, and, on one occasion, our whole family, visited their family quite a few times in Colorado over the years. They are tremendously hospitable. He has a most precious wife and six awesome kids. His wife has homeschooled all of their kids and is still homeschooling their younger ones, all the while, having some health concerns of her own. She's a one of a kind woman and anybody would be privileged to have the chance to meet her.

Well Knight was gracious enough and trusted me enough to ask me to be a moderator, which I was more than happy and felt privileged to help him out. Then, after a few more years, he asked me to be a full admin, which I was even more so, privileged to take on the task. I felt like I helped him out a lot (I hope this is true, Knight) over the years in keeping an eye out everyday on TOL in making sure I was keeping up with all that needed to be done such as warning members for breaking TOL rules or banning people if they kept on breaking the rules and were getting out of hand. This may actually have even been the case with certain well meaning truthsmackers that we loved, and were like minded. But they were simply letting their emotions get the best of them, causing them to be of no affect for the cause they were debating, letting themselves go overboard with name calling and offensive comments and they needed a fellow truthsmacker/admin to let them know, "Hey, you're going a little too far with what your trying to take on right now and you need some time away for a while" and we'd just give them a short ban, maybe a day or two.

So, very loooooong story short, I've really been missing TOL recently and felt the urgency to get back in the groove again. My Drs have told me that being involved in things you love best will help you get your mind off of your health situation. And I thought to myself, there's never been any greater hobby/joy of mine than sitting at my computer and being involved with TOL. I've had a talk about all this with Knight and he has graciously entrusted me to become an admin again on this website which is simply, one of a kind. I hope to really help him out again because he's got a lot on his plate right now.

I will forever be indebted to Knight (and I know some other truthsmackers are in his debt as well), for starting this site some 17 years ago. It was by the grace of God, as well as by a well meaning encouragement of another wonderful friend, Bob Enyart, who kept telling me, and insisting that I check out this site.

So.... I was led to "Theologyonline.com." And this site will forever be near and dear to my heart for the rest of my days.

Thank you Knight, for coming up with the idea to start such a site. You've been a wonderful true friend over the years and I know you will always be one of my closest friends, till the day I pass away to be with our most glorious and wonderful LORD, the LORD Jesus Christ.

Love ya, old friend. :up:

Anyway, I'm Poly and that's my TOL story. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Really glad to hear your health problems are more stable now.
That's great news!

And I'm really glad you have been able to return and participate on TOL.
That's great news too!

bybee

Hey, devoted TOLers who've been around here since forever. I've missed you guys. :)

I've been away from TOL for quite some time due to some serious health problems. So now that things are pretty stable for me, health wise, for the time being, I kind of felt the need to get back to TOL and maybe introduce myself to some of the newer people on here that I don't know.

I've been on TOL since back in the day when Knight started it around 17 years ago. I gradually got to know Knight and the more I got to know him the closer we got to his family and we even visited them quite a few times. (something I hope to do again some day).

After getting to know Knight so well and hanging out here all the time, we started forming a group of "truthsmackers".

Well, it's a bold Christian who has a backbone. He/she has studied up fairly well on the bible, and knows how to rightly divide the word. He/she is not afraid to judge rightly (even though most Christians are under the misconception that you should never judge). He/she is a radical right winger, ('cause even most supposed right winged people are, in reality, too left wing for us truthsmackers).

A Truthsmacker has a lot of scripture under his belt as well as resources memorized so well that they know them like the back of their hand. One such resource is Bob Enyart's "The Plot" which I highly recommend if you want to learn how to become a real truthsmacker. It will always be my all time favorite books, outside of the bible.

Well, I'll be more than happy to tell you. This is a Christian with no backbone. He/she has not really studied up on the real meat of the word and doesn't know how to rightly divide it. He/she likes for preachers to tickle their ears with "fluff" or live on the milk of the word instead of taking on the meat, and is simply a coward when it comes to standing up for the truth and will not "Do right and risk the consequences" such as knowing how to debate Calvinism, abortion, homosexuality, gun control, etc.

One thing you learn in truthsmacking, is that you might start a thread of your own or....you might get in on a thread that was started by, let's say, a liberal or a weak, "Jello Christian" and start chiming in on the debate. And then before you know it, some other truthsmackers come along to see what the debate is all about and they've got your back. They themselves then start chiming in on the debate to help out. And it's really great, because the more Truthsmackers you have who come along and help you out while your taking on a debate with someone, the better.

So, anyway, back to Knight and myself. We actually got really close over the years. He became, to me, the big Christian brother that I never had. And like I said, me and my husband, and, on one occasion, our whole family, visited their family quite a few times in Colorado over the years. They are tremendously hospitable. He has a most precious wife and six awesome kids. His wife has homeschooled all of their kids and is still homeschooling their younger ones, all the while, having some health concerns of her own. She's a one of a kind woman and anybody would be privileged to have the chance to meet her.

Well Knight was gracious enough and trusted me enough to ask me to be a moderator, which I was more than happy and felt privileged to help him out. Then, after a few more years, he asked me to be a full admin, which I was even more so, privileged to take on the task. I felt like I helped him out a lot (I hope this is true, Knight) over the years in keeping an eye out everyday on TOL in making sure I was keeping up with all that needed to be done such as warning members for breaking TOL rules or banning people if they kept on breaking the rules and were getting out of hand. This may actually have even been the case with certain well meaning truthsmackers that we loved, and were like minded. But they were simply letting their emotions get the best of them, causing them to be of no affect for the cause they were debating, letting themselves go overboard with name calling and offensive comments and they needed a fellow truthsmacker/admin to let them know, "Hey, you're going a little too far with what your trying to take on right now and you need some time away for a while" and we'd just give them a short ban, maybe a day or two.

So, very loooooong story short, I've really been missing TOL recently and felt the urgency to get back in the groove again. My Drs have told me that being involved in things you love best will help you get your mind off of your health situation. And I thought to myself, there's never been any greater hobby/joy of mine than sitting at my computer and being involved with TOL. I've had a talk about all this with Knight and he has graciously entrusted me to become an admin again on this website which is simply, one of a kind. I hope to really help him out again because he's got a lot on his plate right now.

I will forever be indebted to Knight (and I know some other truthsmackers are in his debt as well), for starting this site some 17 years ago. It was by the grace of God, as well as by a well meaning encouragement of another wonderful friend, Bob Enyart, who kept telling me, and insisting that I check out this site.

So.... I was led to "Theologyonline.com." And this site will forever be near and dear to my heart for the rest of my days.

Thank you Knight, for coming up with the idea to start such a site. You've been a wonderful true friend over the years and I know you will always be one of my closest friends, till the day I pass away to be with our most glorious and wonderful LORD, the LORD Jesus Christ.

Thanks for sharing. I believe TOL is a great place for sharing and caring. I consider myself to be a "Truthsmacker" but I have my own view on things.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
welcome back poly! :wave2:

we've bumped into each other before - i was usually the guy pushing billybob into trouble and giggling about it

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Welcome back Poly. I'm sorry to hear about your health issues but glad that you are stable at the moment and hope it continues. :e4e:

:poly: :cheers:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Btw, my husband is "NarrowWay". He's not here much due to how busy he is with work but he's also a pro truthsmacker himself.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

welcome back. after reading your post, i am a truthsmacker. not a troll. huge difference. i welcome and encourage anyone to read every post i've ever made. a "real" truthsmacker knows one when they see one. it becomes blatant, when we focus on God's Word. God Bless you, your family and health. i feel a need to intercede, in some cases, and smack a little truth. if anyone disagrees, it is usually not based in Truth. i'll keep a half of one eye on your posts. so far, great ! ! ! - :)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
how do i start a new thread or subject? i am new here

You will have to have been here for a period of days and also make a certain number of posts before you can created a thread.

Or....you could buy a subscription and get on with it.