Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
a trip down memory lane.....
Posts of the year from 2002 - Jaltus :first: and Paul DeYonghe :second:
Posts of the year from 2003 - Turbo :first: 1Way :second: and Sozo :third:
Posts of the year from 2004 - 1Way :first: Shadowx :second: and Clete :third:
Posts of the year from 2005 - Eowyn :first: Poly :second: and Clete :third:
Posts of the year from 2006 - Turbo :first: Poly :second: and pastorkevin :third:
Posts of the year from 2007 - ApologeticJedi :first: Poly :second: and centrist101 :third:
Posts of the year from 2008 - Yorzhik :first: the Graphite :second: and Bob Enyart :third:
Posts of the year from 2009 - assuranceagent :first: Thunder's Muse :second: and Sozo :third:
Posts of the year from 2010 - Prisca :first: lovemeorhateme :second: and ghost :third:
Posts of the year from 2011 - Rocketman :first: lucky :second: and Turbo :third:
Posts of the year from 2012 - lovemeorhateme :first: King Cobra :second: and Vegas Cowboy :third:
Posts of the year from 2013 - chatmaggot :first: Delmar :second: Thunder's Muse :third:

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First up is 2014's user choice award.

Help us congratulate Tambora.

My flesh body is corruptible and is still bound by the law of death (ie. it's gonna die, and in fact was born as a dying body).

My spirit is in the body of Christ. Christ's body is incorruptible and cannot be condemned for any reason at all. Therefore, my spirit is incapable of ever being condemned.

I have the promise that I will receive an incorruptible body after this corruptible body is done away with.
And nothing this corruptible body does can change that promise.

As far as us trying not to behave badly, we expect that from everyone (whether they are a believer or not).
So we know that an atheist that sometimes behaves in a good manner has zero to do with their salvation. Likewise, a believer that sometimes behaves in a bad manner has zero to do with their salvation.

Christ was not killed, buried, and resurrected so that bad men could try to act a little better (that was always expected of them).
Christ was killed, buried, and resurrected so that dead men could receive eternal life in Him.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At No. 3 for 2014, a New Year message from Psalmist.

Isaiah 6:8-9
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." And He said, "Go, and tell this people..."

That may seem like an odd place to bid 2014 good bye, I picked it anticipating the New Year 2015 that's ahead of us, "Who shall I send" and "Who will go...". The question (the Lord) was asked in sincerity and answered (Isaiah) with urgency. Think about that, if God calls you, you may the answer, how exciting.

There maybe something's we'll not finish and leave behind from 2014 and not carry into 2015; and something's we'll continue with in 2015. If in the past year you felt overwhelmed, and unappreciated, remember who called you and gave you your assignment ... Romans 11:29 "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable."

If you like the least of them, remember...1 Corinthians 1:9 "God is faithful, by whom you were called..."

If you felt weary, this is what the Scriptures tell us ... Again from Isaiah, Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.

For all of it, for all of our needs as we go forward into 2015, we know ... Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need; and Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

You know now is a good time to read Psalm 121:1-8 for the New Year, and closing each day with 1 Samuel 7:12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it up...and...called its name Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far the Lord has helped us."

May you blessed in the coming year of 2015, where you have abundance be a blessing, where you have sufficiency you'll not lack; should you have lack or need, out of your lack or need give to do your best to help someone along the way, after all we do read in Hebrews 13:2, "Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it." For God is a gracious and liberal giver. Jesus said freely your have received, freely give.

Happy New Year, and a Blessed New Year to all at TOL
:third:

glorydaz

Wow, I should have remembered how fast this one goes. I didn't even vote. At least I didn't have to choose. ;)

I loved Tam's post, and the award is well deserved. My problem deciding was because of that great post by Steko. I remember when he posted it and it was so moving.....I will always consider it one of the top. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people contributing....these nominees in particular. :thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'd award Stripe with the Absurdchristiannutbot award for 2014 hands down!

And I would award you with a new username "LackOfCommonsense"...it would be more appropriate and you could keep it for your entire tenure here at TOL. :loser: