Fast Personality Test

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
there are so many layers within all the labels. for quick reference we tend to categorize and generalize. not me though, just everybody else

fzappa13

Okay, let's really look at it:

You'd said:
I responded: We self identify through broad labels often enough (Baptist, Hindu, Atheist, conservative, etc.) without that complaint attaching.

Most people identify themselves with fairly broad labels. So the we is most people. Christian is fairly broad. Conservative too, by way of example.

Yes, I know, and I think the reason we do it is intellectual laziness and I think this gets worse as time goes on. As we move from reading books to reading articles to reading posts our attention span as it concerns getting to know others has followed suit I fear and I don't see this as progress.

genuineoriginal

In 2002 I was Rational Mastermind (INTJ)
In 2007 I was Guardian Inspector (ISTJ)
In 2012 I was Rational Architect (INTP)
In 2013 I was Rational Architect (INTP)
In 2014 I was Rational Architect (INTP)
Your results

Personality: INTP

Variant: Turbulent

Role: Analyst

51% Introverted
55% Intuitive
64% Thinking
87% Prospecting
25% Turbulent

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The real benefit to me, was to know that there were others like me, and that there was a reason that other people didn't think the way I did.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes, I know, and I think the reason we do it is intellectual laziness and I think this gets worse as time goes on. As we move from reading books to reading articles to reading posts our attention span as it concerns getting to know others has followed suit I fear and I don't see this as progress.
We differ then, to some extent. I think that labels are helpful, provided we recognize what they can't tell us about others and use them as general indicators subject to clarification that comes through experience and the particular hash outs that will happen in the exchange of ideas among people inclined to it.

fzappa13

We differ then, to some extent. I think that labels are helpful, provided we recognize what they can't tell us about others and use them as general indicators subject to clarification that comes through experience and the particular hash outs that will happen in the exchange of ideas among people inclined to it.

While I understand and appreciate the possibility you offer, my experience has taught me that people most often use such labels to more quickly dismiss others rather than understand them. Shorthand is just that ... and it requires the author to translate.

Thunder's Muse

I am INFP through and through. Introvert iNtuitive Feeling Perception

INFP PERSONALITY

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

INFP personalityBeing a part of the Diplomat (NF) personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue - INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the INFP personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
J. R. R. Tolkien

WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE, BUT KNOW NOT WHAT WE MAY BE

At their best, these qualities enable INFPs to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. The strength of this intuitive communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous INFPs are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to INFPs, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

INFPs have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.
INFPs’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either - as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to INFPs’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.

LISTEN TO MANY PEOPLE, BUT TALK TO FEW

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, INFPs will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause - spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for INFPs’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, INFPs can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. INFPs often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, INFP’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.

Famous INFPs:

William Shakespeare J.R.R. Tolkien Björk Johnny Depp Julia Roberts Lisa Kudrow Tom Hiddleston Homer Virgil

Thunder's Muse

INFP, but I'm better at it than the two above me. I say that because I think such personality tests are hokum.

I'm INFP, too :)

I find it fascinating. INFP fits me so well, as does Highly Sensitive Person or High Sensory Processing Sensitivity.

Told ya I was weird :chuckle:

Thunder's Muse

Except usually these tests are taken by people wanting to know themselves better. They're not for identifying traits in others so much as ourselves.

It's interesting how people can live their whole lives and not know themselves at all.

In an odd way, the opposite of narcissism isn't a positive, it's another negative - Too much navel-gazing vs. not even being able to find the navel.

I know myself really, really well :)

Thunder's Muse

I think part of why people like to put others into categories or boxes is because humans need a point of reference with which to understand something; something familiar that we can measure it by.

Or something....

Thunder's Muse

It's the old problem. The unexamined life against the life overly scrutinized, after a fashion. Neither allows for much living.

To paraphrase Alanis Morissette:

~I like to peel back the layers until there are no more lies or excuses.~

I'm good at it and find it brings me greater peace.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think part of why people like to put others into categories or boxes is because humans need a point of reference with which to understand something; something familiar that we can measure it by.

Or something....

Another reason is burial. :plain:

Which would then make me a DNFP.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Variation of type in organizations

Variation of type in organizations

It read ENTJ, but this one read ENTP. Now that is difficult because the test is on perception and cognition, where the second letter is perception, as one perceives of two ways, one being to aim ones senses on the facts, and the other looks at what might be the cause of the facts, or the possibility. The third letter is cognition; does one decide based on logic / thought, or compassion / feeling.

Now the extroverted type will move past perception faster to cognition, thus an ET type will come to a discourse on logical thought, where an IT will discuss ideas.

The J and P variable is how one moves to cognition, being the J type will prefer to reach a final solution. They have a propensity for tiding things up, also effects how much one values order.

Those who stay longer in perception will tolerate more chaos, or a less orderly way to proceed.

So, an ENTJ talks their thoughts and wishes to act on them, while an ENFJ talks their feelings and will act accordingly. An INFJ ( rare type) will do more like the INTJ, to bring forth possibilities then resolve it by how one feels.

Now an INFP is a little different; this type preferred strength is in possibilities, and being introverted, will act socially on there less dominate trait, feeling, thus examine the feelings, yet act on feeling because the dominate trait in the P type is perception, not cognition. This type will stick with examine the possibilities, then move more slowly to a decision based on feelings.

The J type does it the other way around, since the dominate trait in INFJ, or ISFJ is feeling and introverts show the second trait, these types will externalize the possibilities, then make make decisions on feelings.

It is important to know the introverted type will always externalize their secondary trait, while the extravert is more simple to understand, as they always prefer to externalize their dominate trait.

So an ENTJ will talk on the logical aspects and the make decisions by the same.

Take an ENTJ, or an ESTJ, there types think it out and make decisions on their thoughts. The difference is the S type is more concrete, more concerned with facts, rather than possibilities.

ESTJ are good managers; they think out what needs to be done by what is apparent, then as do ESFJ, the difference being the F type prefers to consider the feeling aspect over the thinking. The F type manager might be more concerned with the employees personal issues, yet they make decisions the same way.

With P types, it is a different story; as P types prefer the undecided perceptive mode and they feel less a need to have closure, so, the P type who is extroverted will stress the possibilities yet will be less mindful of coming to a conclusion, and therefore, less decisive. This is one reason why people in a organization may become situational J types. Then if they are truly a P type, and the pressure to be ready and organized is less, they will revert to their natural tendency.

Where is get real tricky is with introverts because the externalize their less dominate trait and yet will ponder alone and make their decision based on feeling, or thinking.

Now the P introverts are going to have their heads in the clouds, more so the introverted P types. Take the INTP; these may be the best researchers, yet they keep on researching and with no understanding J type to help wrap things up, they are likely to go on forever researching!

Another very tricky type is INFJ; these people will look at the possibility, and may continue to do so, yet right when you think you have influenced them, they access their more dominate feeling side and surprise you! The INFP is not so difficult because they too stay with their secondary trait, but in their case it is feeling, and they move back to possibilities when alone and then reconsider their feelings, and make a decisions on such after long examining possibilities. This type make the best therapists. they are the psychotherapist, while most J types are quicker to judge.

The TJ type is more willing to listen to logic while the FJ will make up their mind based in their feelings and if they have a bad feeling about you, well just forget influencing with logic!

So, the T type uses more logical analysis and less compassion, yet INTJ will externalize possibilities and then make there decisions on thought, with less compassion, in faviour or disfavour. This type is a the master analyst, the big brain who ponders then sets the pace with logical analysis.

The ENTJ is going to use thinking outwardly and make decisions on logic but the INTJ looks deeper at possibilities. The ENTJ and ESTJ are good leaders, the CEO personality, but without more perception regression, they might move to quickly and make faulty decisions.

Any good CEO will benefit by having the help of an INTJ, and if the organization is one based on research, they are going to need some INTPs to do the research, examining all possibility.

Now over at management, if you have little compassion then staff will perceive the lack and may feel unappreciated, so you need some good F types managing personal.

Without some S types no one is minding the facts, or looking at the obvious, and both F and T types are needed.

Now an ENTP is going to prefer the possibility and will act on this. The ENTP gets ideas out and not in the laboratory, rather out in the meetings. While ENTJ are usually more organized and better leaders, it is very possible for and ENTP to learn to speed up perception and move to a logical conclusion, and this is why someone might be an ENTP and become an ENTJ. The same can be said about ESTP the natural outdoors-person who is moving into management.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That was terrific cat, though I think you called out every single permutation except for the poor ENFPs.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Extroverted perceives the possibilities who then act with contemplative compassion.

Type topology

We may say type topology leads to conclusions about personality traits, that would be most true with pure types.

To be a pure type you have to have a preference over 66% on the time, and it should be fairly consistent over time.

Let’s look at extroversion and introversion, when one scores as either by a threshold percentage, one is truly that type. The same cannot be said for those who not high scorers on any scale, as many may prefer extroversion, that is they like being around people, yet may need to feel accepted, and most testing cannot circumscribe the shy, or sensitive extrovert, or the situational introvert.

Given this, and assuming one is a pure type, then we may say the Introverted type is, quiet, conscientious, sensitive, observant, committed, independent, idealistic, imaginative, contained, and often flexible.

The majority of people are extroverted, and may be under represented on forums such as these because most extroverts like to be in the company of people, they prefer talking to writing, are usually quicker to respond to an immediate satisfaction, which is harder to find on in virtual mediums.

Extraverts are talkative, outspoken, stimulating, alert, friendly, cooperative, responsive and accepting, and usually outgoing they often seek affirmation, especially F types, and may be forceful, especially J types.

Now look at the other end of the type code; the J-P difference, J types prefer to make up their minds, get things done and have a plan, they value being organized, committed to their firm values. They are loyal, decisive, committed, organized, considerate, serious, efficient, and responsive to praise and criticism.

P types like to be casual and make decisions when a decisions is necessary, they might be described as ‘fly by the seat of their pants’ persons. They are resourceful, adept, supportive, tolerant, energetic, stimulating, and may prefer here-and-now, over eventuality.

The two middle codes are perception and cognition, the bases on psychology, which is a study on how human think and behave; we all must perceive first, detect the object, or idea then process it with our thoughts and guiding values, then we act.

Kat

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Extroverted perceives the possibilities who then act with contemplative compassion.

Type topology

We may say type topology leads to conclusions about personality traits, that would be most true with pure types.

To be a pure type you have to have a preference over 66% on the time, and it should be fairly consistent over time.
So for me I'm a solid/pure on really everything but the feeling/thinking, where my 29% F is likely subject to a situational appraoch?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
yes, it would indicate you might consider feeling and values in making logical decisions.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yes, it would indicate you might consider feeling and values in making logical decisions.
Seems closer. I'm terribly sentimental, but rarely ruled by emotions when I'm thinking my way to a conclusion...though how I voice one can often be mitigated by my appreciation for someone. There are, after all, a number of ways to skin a...n animal. See what I mean?

Also, though I'm a P and prefer the fluid, I'm fairly absolute on a number of things and do tend to believe the point of asking questions is to find answers. :)