Fast Personality Test

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I didn't mean to imply that as an intention. But it does rather seem that many an introvert is uncommonly bold here and that intimates my point. Additionally, were it not enjoyable so many of them would be loath to continue...and yet.

But introversion doesn't exclude boldness, introverts can and do speak up when the situation requires it. I think (not presuming to speak for all of them) that introverts find personal autonomy important, in that they'll speak up when and how they decide the time is right. It's personality, not just behavior.

I didn't mean that everyone so qualifies or that even so it follows that we can entirely escape our natures, however disposed.
Or that we're even trying to escape our natures in the first place. :)
Reasonable enough...and yet you know better and don't communicate exclusively by means that would guarantee that outcome and particular. :cheers:
I know what I just said... I talk to the person, not over his shoulder at the rest of the partygoers.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But introversion doesn't exclude boldness,
You think that's not an unusual descriptive to apply to an introvert, as a rule?

introverts can and do speak up when the situation requires it. I think (not presuming to speak for all of them) that introverts find personal autonomy important, in that they'll speak up when and how they decide the time is right. It's personality, not just behavior.
I suppose it's the whole seeking a public forum to meet strangers and differ as a primary that intrigues me in terms of the introvert's choice.

Or that we're even trying to escape our natures in the first place. :)
That's part of the question, to my mind...though again I don't mean it's even necessarily a conscious choice. I know that public speaking is the number one fear of people but that most people still daydream about being famous, by way of...

I know what I just said... I talk to the person, not over his shoulder at the rest of the partygoers.
And yet you have the conversation at a party. ;)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You think that's not an unusual descriptive to apply to an introvert, as a rule?

No actually, because as Spitfire and I talked about, it can be contextually fluid.
I suppose it's the whole seeking a public forum to meet strangers and differ as a primary that intrigues me in terms of the introvert's choice.
It's a pretty small community here when you think about it.

There's usually not more than 50 or so members here at the same time, and often fewer - and only a handful in on a conversation at any one time.

That's part of the question, to my mind...though again I don't mean it's even necessarily a conscious choice. I know that public speaking is the number one fear of people but that most people still daydream about being famous, by way of...
They do?? I actually chuckled out loud at that last. :chuckle:

Honestly, TH... I don't dream about being famous. Or infamous either, for that matter.

In fact, the idea isn't even in my frame of reference. It's fascinating really, comparing how we each look at the world. :)

And no, there's no conscious wish to be an extrovert. I wish a lot of things about my nature could be improved - but I've no desire to be other than how I was made. Getting into the nature/nurture with that thought, there are huge contributions made to our personalities by each, but that's a whole other discussion.

And yet you have the conversation at a party. ;)
Well, yeah. On my own terms. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No actually, because as Spitfire and I talked about, it can be contextually fluid.
I think that likely has more to do with the percentages than the situation that gives rise.

It's a pretty small community here when you think about it.
With a fairly large viewing audience.

There's usually not more than 50 or so subscribers here at the same time, and often fewer - and only a handful in on a conversation at any one time.
With a much larger viewing audience. Though a party of fifty isn't where I'd think to find a majority of introverts voluntarily holding court.

They do?? I actually chuckled out loud at that last. :chuckle:
They do and I'm happy then, in order. :)

Honestly, TH... I don't dream about being famous.
Daydream, which is a bit different. And I suppose that becomes less frequent as we leave our twenties. The things still in front of us that are even tangentially related to a possible outcome on that part shrink, though the remaining options are still rich. But I've rarely met a person with a particular talent that doesn't imagine themselves wildly successful in that. To some extent I believe that's how you get there and why the best athletes actually mentally process success, by way of illustration.

Or infamous either, for that matter. In fact, the idea isn't even in my frame of reference. It's fascinating really, comparing how we each look at the world. :)
My daydreams are about what I can do with notoriety and power, money. I suppose it's like Christmas. When you're young you dream about what you'll get. When you're older it shifts to what you'll give. :)

And no, there's no conscious wish to be an extrovert.
Seems an unlikely thing to want, given what it would mean. Though I have heard my share of introverts opine about having an ease with, among other things, public speaking. I keep telling my wife that it's like a roller coaster. We both get a very similar feeling approaching it, but I process it as the excitement before the ride and she processes it as the potential for a broken track and a horrific plummeting. :shocked:

I wish a lot of things about my nature could be improved - but I've no desire to be other than how I was made.
So you're on the nature side of it then?

Getting into the nature/nurture with that thought, there are huge contributions made to our natures by each, but that's a whole other discussion.
And an interesting one. Though I don't feel particularly qualified on the point.

Re: at the party
Well, yeah. On my own terms. :)
Hmmm. :cheers:

Lon

Personality tests have been around a long long time.

Taking the test is a bit like a counseling session: it can help you focus more quickly on your strengths and weaknesses and even help you serve the BoC with your strengths in a more directed manner.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I have to leave soon (no, not to go to a party) so I'll answer this and you can decide what to do with it. :)

I think that likely has more to do with the percentages than the situation that gives rise.

I disagree. More on that later if you want.

With a fairly large viewing audience.

With a much larger viewing audience. Though a party of fifty isn't where I'd think to find a majority of introverts voluntarily holding court.
1. That you're considering the viewing audience makes my earlier point.
2. It's not a party of 50 in one thread. For example, I just looked at this thread, and you and I are the only ones here at the moment. :eek:
3. Holding court? Again, that's a huge difference in outlook between you and me, and one I illustrated earlier (wrt talking over someone's shoulder).

Daydream, which is a bit different.
Okay. Well, I don't do that either. (Yes, I daydream - no, I don't daydream about power, money, notoriety.)
And I suppose that becomes less frequent as we leave our twenties and thirties behind us. The things still in front of us that are even tangentially related to a possible outcome on that part shrink, though the remaining options are still rich. But I've rarely met a person with a particular talent that doesn't imagine themselves wildly successful in that. To some extent I believe that's how you get there and why the best athletes actually mentally process success of every sort.
That may have more to do with drive and ambition than introvert/extrovert.

My daydreams are about what I can do with notoriety and power, money.
Mine - never. Ever ever. And beyond that, no - I'm not sharing. :)

Seems an unlikely thing to want, given what it would mean. Though I have heard my share of introverts opine about having an ease with, among other things, public speaking. I keep telling my wife that it's like a roller coaster. We both get a very similar feeling approaching it, but I process it as the excitement before the ride and she processes it as the potential for a broken track and a horrific plummeting. :shocked:
:) Or, an extrovert may find it easy and doable, and an introvert may find it easy and doable. Introversion doesn't necessarily mean fear of public speaking, someone could be quite introverted but very assured in his knowledge of his subject and that assurance gives him the confidence needed to pull off a really great talk. There's so much more I could say about that if I had the time.

So you're on the nature side of it then?
I'd gone back and corrected that to 'personality' while you were replying. :chuckle: No, I'm pretty much solidly centered between the two, although I see environment (particularly in the gestational period) as tipping the scales in having an effect on both genetics (nature) and nurture, so if I had to tilt, it would be towards nurture. And what a rich conversation that would be, if I had the time. I'm wishing I could give it the attention it deserves.

Re: at the party

Hmmm. :cheers:
Yep. As in: making sure I don't have to depend on someone else for transportation so I can arrive and leave when I want to, having access to those corners or pockets of conversation along the edges of the crowd, being able to slip in and slip away without being noticed... that sort of thing. I've had to learn over the years how to work a room and I can do it when it's necessary, but it's a learned skill, not an innate desire. :)

Gotta run.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I disagree. More on that later if you want.
I disagree with your disagreement. At your service.

1. That you're considering the viewing audience makes my earlier point.
Or, more than one of the questions you'll find on the test involves how you relate to large numbers of people and how you feel about it. Considering that only makes sense, which is why I did.

2. It's not a party of 50 in one thread. For example, I just looked at this thread, and you and I are the only ones here at the moment. :eek:
But who's counting? (supra :))

3. Holding court? Again, that's a huge difference in outlook between you and me, and one I illustrated earlier (wrt talking over someone's shoulder).
I agree, how the extrovert and introvert see a setting should and likely tends to differ.

Okay. Well, I don't do that either.
Interesting. I think that's unusual. I'd expect a doctor to want to cure cancer or have an astonishing success rate, a singer to imagine himself front and center of a concert, etc.

That may have more to do with drive and ambition than introvert/extrovert.
Which may have something to do with being an extrovert. I think it's difficult to be one and not aspire in that particular.

Mine - never. Ever ever. And beyond that, no - I'm not sharing. :)
Interesting. Why so emphatic and I'd expect not, in order. :)

:) Or, an extrovert may find it easy and doable, and an introvert may find it easy and doable. Introversion doesn't necessarily mean fear of public speaking,
Not exactly, but it is reasonably much more likely.

someone could be quite introverted but very assured in his knowledge of his subject and that assurance gives him the confidence needed to pull off a really great talk.
I didn't speak to effectiveness, though I'd expect that to be tied, to some extent, to the ability to connect to an audience and that would be another weakness for the introvert.

There's so much more I could say about that if I had the time.
Attending an introvert pride parade are you?

I'd gone back and corrected that to 'personality' while you were replying. :chuckle: No, I'm pretty much solidly centered between the two, although I see environment (particularly in the gestational period) as tipping the scales in having an effect on both genetics (nature) and nurture, so if I had to tilt, it would be towards nurture. And what a rich conversation that would be, if I had the time. I'm wishing I could give it the attention it deserves.
Nothing pressing. Soon then. :thumb:

Yep. As in: making sure I don't have to depend on someone else for transportation so I can arrive and leave when I want to, having access to those corners or pockets of conversation along the edges of the crowd, being able to slip in and slip away without being noticed... that sort of thing. I've had to learn over the years how to work a room and I can do it when it's necessary, but it's a learned skill, not an innate desire. :)
Which is sort of moving back toward my point. I think an extrovert can value the monastic and contemplative, but is built to thrive and desire, more frequently, a different environment. And what we are most at ease with and inclined to we will almost always tend to be more likely to excel at, to tie in.

Gotta run.
Singularly or in a group? :eek: Later then. Have fun. :cheers:

Damian

INTP

The only area where I'm really off-balance is the extrovert-introvert spectrum. I'm 80% introverted. I really don't like people. Just being honest. As a general rule, I seek balance. Perhaps, that has something to with my astrological sign - Libra.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Mine says this: ESTJ personality

ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

Demand for such leadership is high in democratic societies, and forming no less than 11% of the population, it's no wonder that many of America's presidents have been ESTJs. Strong believers in the rule of law and authority that must be earned, ESTJ personalities lead by example, demonstrating dedication and purposeful honesty, and an utter rejection of laziness and cheating, especially in work. If anyone declares hard, manual work to be an excellent way to build character, it is ESTJs.

ESTJs are aware of their surroundings and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts - the surety of their knowledge means that even against heavy resistance, they stick to their principles and push an unclouded vision of what is and is not acceptable. Their opinions aren't just empty talk either, as ESTJs are more than willing to dive into the most challenging projects, improving action plans and sorting details along the way, making even the most complicated tasks seem easy and approachable.

However, ESTJs don't work alone, and they expect their reliability and work ethic to be reciprocated - people with this personality type meet their promises, and if partners or subordinates jeopardize them through incompetence or laziness, or worse still, dishonesty, they do not hesitate to show their wrath. This can earn them a reputation for inflexibility, a trait shared by all Sentinels (SJ), but it's not because ESTJs are arbitrarily stubborn, but because they truly believe that these values are what make society work.

Strengths and weaknesses (I would say the following is quite accurate where i am concerned - yes i admit it even the weaknesses part)

Spoiler
ESTJ strengths and weaknesses
ESTJ Strengths

Dedicated - Seeing things to completion borders on an ethical obligation for ESTJs. Tasks aren't simply abandoned because they've become difficult or boring - people with the ESTJ personality type take them up when they are the right thing to do, and they will be finished so long as they remain the right thing to do.
Strong-willed - A strong will makes this dedication possible, and ESTJs don't give up their beliefs because of simple opposition. ESTJs defend their ideas and principles relentlessly, and must be proven clearly and conclusively wrong for their stance to budge.
Direct and Honest - ESTJs trust facts far more than abstract ideas or opinions. Straightforward statements and information are king, and ESTJ personalities return the honesty (whether it's wanted or not).
Loyal, Patient and Reliable - ESTJs work to exemplify truthfulness and reliability, considering stability and security very important. When ESTJs say they'll do something, they keep their word, making them very responsible members of their families, companies and communities.
Enjoy Creating Order - Chaos makes things unpredictable, and unpredictable things can't be trusted when they are needed most - with this in mind, ESTJs strive to create order and security in their environments by establishing rules, structures and clear roles.
Excellent Organizers - This commitment to truth and clear standards makes ESTJs capable and confident leaders. People with this personality type have no problem distributing tasks and responsibilities to others fairly and objectively, making them excellent administrators.

ESTJ Weaknesses

Inflexible and Stubborn - The problem with being so fixated on what works is that ESTJs too often dismiss what might work better. Everything is opinion until proven, and ESTJ personalities are reluctant to trust an opinion long enough for it to have that chance.
Uncomfortable with Unconventional Situations - ESTJs are strong adherents to tradition and when suddenly forced to try unvetted solutions, they become uncomfortable and stressed. New ideas suggest that their methods weren't good enough, and abandoning what has always worked before in favor of something that may yet fail risks their image of reliability.
Judgmental - ESTJs have strong convictions about what is right, wrong, and socially acceptable. ESTJs' compulsion to create order often extends to all things and everyone, ignoring the possibility that there are two right ways to get things done. ESTJs do not hesitate to let these "deviants" know what they think, considering it their duty to set things right.
Too Focused on Social Status - ESTJs take pride in the respect of their friends, colleagues and community and while difficult to admit, are very concerned with public opinion. ESTJs (especially Turbulent ones) can get so caught up in meeting others' expectations that they fail to address their own needs.
Difficult to Relax - This need for respect fosters a need to maintain their dignity, which can make it difficult to cut loose and relax for risk of looking the fool, even in good fun.
Difficulty Expressing Emotion - This is all evidence of ESTJs' greatest weakness: expressing emotions and feeling empathy. People with the ESTJ personality type get so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that they forget to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the family, but ESTJs may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination an hour late, hurting their loved ones by rejecting the notion too harshly.[/quote]

glorydaz

I don't really get it, but I see I'm "less than one percent of the population". I knew I was weird. :chuckle:

INFJ PERSONALITY

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Hey, it's better than one test I took that said I was a Saloon Girl in my last life. :rotfl:

glorydaz

I was only just saying to AMR that I suspect that introverts likely find anonymous places like TOL appealing, allowing them to step into the shoes of an extrovert without much of what would make them nervous or otherwise uncomfortable on that count.

Though for some reason I'm always surprised by it. I suppose I can't truly understand the introvert. Too alien to my experience. My wife says, "That's right, dear." I don't know what she means by that...:noid:

I suspect she's up to no good. :)

Suspicious huh? That tells me more than you realize. ;)

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Personality:
INTP
Variant:
Assertive
Role:
Analyst

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your impressive knowledge, ability to juggle multiple concepts and insatiable curiosity. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits -

Pretty much the same as it always is. The "Romance" thing pretty much fits. Mrs. B is an ISFJ. Which superficially means, "you two should not reside in the same zip code." But opposites apparently do attract.

All this material asceticism and conflict avoidance support one primary goal - to free up mental resources for more important things. INTPs' creative, vivid imagination make for a surprisingly enthusiastic, passionate, and romantic partner. While INTPs may prioritize their inner world too much, imagining interesting and exciting intimate situations that are never expressed to their partners, they also use this rich inner world to achieve as much as possible in intimacy - they rarely want for ideas. :Shimei:

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Not that I'm saying introverts shouldn't feel better about themselves, but... what do their results on this test really do for them?

Explains things. Notice "introverted" isn't "shy." It's that one gets recharged from solitude. I love teaching and public speaking. I wanted to be a stand-up comic, but just didn't have the gift to excel at it.

I used to feel guilty about wanting my solitude. Now I understand it's healthy for me. Used to feel guilty about independence, too. But that's who I am. And of course, it also tells me that other people are also doing what's right for them.

Not a bad thing.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I disagree with your disagreement. At your service.

Okay, we were talking about your thinking boldness was an unusual descriptive for an introvert. There's a lot of gray in what only seems to be a black and white term, and it's driven by a variety of factors including situational, historical, contextual, psychological, instinctual, stress-related, etc. For example, I'm not given to making scenes, but I've acted outside my natural inclinations on a couple notable occasions when my sons' welfare came before my comfort zone.

In other words, introversion doesn't automatically correlate to a lack of boldness, and one can be an introvert with some areas of extroversion and vice versa.
Or, more than one of the questions you'll find on the test involves how you relate to large numbers of people and how you feel about it. Considering that only makes sense, which is why I did.
It doesn't necessarily mean I'd avoid going to a large gathering altogether, although it can, depending. But it could be that if I do go, that I'll get to a point when my brain says "okay, I've had enough" and that's it, I'm done, and that might be a lot sooner than someone else's set point. So then I have to find a quiet place to recharge, or I go home. I feel like that here sometimes too. The place gets too crazy, and I don't want to deal with it.

But who's counting? (supra :))
I did it for your sake, not mine. :)

I agree, how the extrovert and introvert see a setting should and likely tends to differ.
I didn't think about the ramifications of how much that might be until I saw "holding court." Too often I've been on the other end of the royal chambers in real life, and when I see "holding court," I think "captive audience." :eek:
Interesting. I think that's unusual. I'd expect a doctor to want to cure cancer or have an astonishing success rate, a singer to imagine himself front and center of a concert, etc.
You think it's unusual not to daydream about money, power, notoriety? I have to say I'm a little taken aback by that.
Which may have something to do with being an extrovert. I think it's difficult to be one and not aspire in that particular.
Do you think only extroverts have drive and ambition? See, that's what I'd mentioned upthread, not wanting to broadbrush extroverts or introverts with particular behavior traits, so I've tried to not speak for all introverts. I don't know how successful I've been. But no, I don't think it works that way at all.

I didn't speak to effectiveness, though I'd expect that to be tied, to some extent, to the ability to connect to an audience and that would be another weakness for the introvert.
"Another weakness"? I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that as an extrovert, you see extroversion as a positive and introversion as a negative.

And introverts don't necessarily have an inability to connect to an audience. It's not necessarily a connection problem at all. That's too black and white.

Attending an introvert pride parade are you?
Because I wish I had more time to talk about something I find interesting?

Which is sort of moving back toward my point. I think an extrovert can value the monastic and contemplative, but is built to thrive and desire, more frequently, a different environment. And what we are most at ease with and inclined to we will almost always tend to be more likely to excel at, to tie in.
Your original point was you seeing TOL as a party and wondering why I'd be comfortable here. And when I told you how, you insisted that there was a dissonance between being an introvert and being at a party... almost as if you thought I must not realize what I was doing.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay, we were talking about your thinking boldness was an unusual descriptive for an introvert. There's a lot of gray in what only seems to be a black and white term, and it's driven by a variety of factors including situational, historical, contextual, psychological, instinctual, stress-related, etc. For example, I'm not given to making scenes, but I've acted outside my natural inclinations on a couple notable occasions when my sons' welfare came before my comfort zone.
I think you touch on my point in "outside my natural inclinations" though.

In other words, introversion doesn't automatically correlate to a lack of boldness, and one can be an introvert with some areas of extroversion and vice versa.
I don't mean to suggest the designations are absolutes. Left to our own devices how are we? What are our inclinations? As no one has set out the percentages, excluding me, it's hard to really know who is more or less wedded to a particular expression, so any address on the point has to be in the softer and more general sense.

It doesn't necessarily mean I'd avoid going to a large gathering altogether, although it can, depending.
I shouldn't think it would necessarily, though I'd expect it to indicate that's not your comfort zone, in general. Else you'd have answered that you didn't feel drained after a large group encounter or certainly your approach would differ from someone inherently invigorated by it, etc.

But it could be that if I do go, that I'll get to a point when my brain says "okay, I've had enough" and that's it, I'm done, and that might be a lot sooner than someone else's set point.
And that would be a marked and entirely understandable difference from someone in the harder end of the extrovert pool, who gains energy from the experience.

So then I have to find a quiet place to recharge, or I go home. I feel like that here sometimes too. The place gets too crazy, and I don't want to deal with it.
I think that makes perfect sense.

I did it for your sake, not mine. :)
:) Yeah, yeah.

I didn't think about the ramifications of how much that might be until I saw "holding court." Too often I've been on the other end of the royal chambers in real life, and when I see "holding court," I think "captive audience." :eek:
I think that's an interesting perspective, but it's not one native to me. Which is funny when you think about it.

You think it's unusual not to daydream about money, power, notoriety?
Sort of and depending. Hollywood, novels, television are all speaking to fame, to the potential for greatness in anyone, the chance to change the course of other lives through one means or another. I don't think we're all Walter Mitty, but I suspect there's more than a little of him in most of us who aren't Buddhists. That said, I didn't say daydream about money and power, but about the use of them. And I think what changes over time in most people who live in a way that evolves them is the particular application. So a kid may dream of being a great athlete or rock star or novelist, etc. where the adult imagines beyond that into the point and impact of it.

I have to say I'm a little taken aback by that.
I would have been too had I seen it the way you did. Hopefully if I did a bad job of communicating it the first time around I've done better with the above.

Do you think only extroverts have drive and ambition?
No. I'd be surprised if Bill Gates was an extrovert. But I'd bet introversion is an impediment in attaining that sort of power that requires bringing in investment and rallying troops and support.

See, that's what I'd mentioned upthread, not wanting to broadbrush extroverts or introverts with particular behavior traits, so I've tried to not speak for all introverts. I don't know how successful I've been. But no, I don't think it works that way at all.
I think you're doing fine holding that line. But it's hard for me not to speak in generalities on the topic, even if the problem with generalities is how they have an annoying habit of breaking down in application.

"Another weakness"? I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that as an extrovert, you see extroversion as a positive and introversion as a negative.
Not in general for either, but in the particular application I was speaking to, yes. That is, I think an introvert would be less effective as, say, a motivational speaker, on the whole. I've noticed that the best pastors I've known were extroverts, but many of the best preachers I've heard self described as introverts. I had a conversation with our Presbyterian minister on the point. He's a published and successful author and a great listen, but really has to work at the pastoral part, because it's contrary to his nature, the politics and gatherings in close quarters. He's much more at home in the pulpit and the quiet of his study.

And introverts don't necessarily have an inability to connect to an audience. It's not necessarily a connection problem at all. That's too black and white.
I don't believe it is entirely. But I'm fairly certain that my enjoyment of center stage gives me an advantage with, say, a jury. That's really an audience and they're going to sense my comfort or interest and respond to that.

Because I wish I had more time to talk about something I find interesting?
I think you should only make time to talk about things and/or to people you find interesting.

Your original point was you seeing TOL as a party and wondering why I'd be comfortable here.

No, that was you. I mean you began the party analogy with:
... So in that way it still feels like I'm in the proverbial corner at the party, so to speak. And I like it that way. :)
And I responded with: "Reasonable enough...and yet you know better and don't communicate exclusively by means that would guarantee that outcome and particular."

Which was my way of noting that you aren't really in a corner out of the general eye on a forum like this, absent PMs and maybe sealed profile pages. None of the regularly posting introverts are.

You responded with:
...I know what I just said...
Which I didn't know what to make of and
I talk to the person, not over his shoulder at the rest of the partygoers.
And I noted: And yet you have the conversation at a party. Or, if you only want to talk to a person there are ways to do that. So I think there has to be more to it than that...which is why I initially speculated that this was a good place for introverts to behave more as an extrovert would, absent some of the things that would otherwise be more distracting, like the actual physical presence of a crowd, instead of the knowledge that people would filter by and read at one point or another.

I suppose another way of looking at it would be it's also a good place for an extrovert to have the sort of time to consider and respond in a less immediately demanding environment, to move a bit close to the introverts wheelhouse. :think: I miss out on that a bit, tending to read and respond in the moment. But it's another thought to mull.

And when I told you how, you insisted that there was a dissonance between being an introvert and being at a party...
It's not the natural place you'd look for someone who finds the experience draining, true enough.

almost as if you thought I must not realize what I was doing.
No, more curious and a bit surprised to find so many here of the introvert persuasion and wondering aloud why that was and what it meant.

:cheers:

Last edited: