Fast Personality Test

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's always the wording, but at least this Likert scale has a neutral option, which I'd rather have, although opinions vary. Plus I'm already aware of what happens if I consistently pick "very strongly" over "strongly," so I can't even be sure I'm not biasing myself when I take it even if I try to just go with the first natural response.

Anyway. I took the test twice a few hours apart, the first time it was 15.15 IIRC, and the second time it was 20.45, and I think the difference was the second time I shifted to "strongly" from "very strongly" a couple times since I thought maybe I overreacted with a couple "very strongly disagree" based on personal animosity - and then a couple questions I answered with neutral because I didn't like the wording of the question, so I'm probably not the best test subject. :eek:
I had a number of neutral responses and the rest were strongly. I reserved the neutral for questions where I wasn't in complete agreement (usually the solution end) but was with the set-up.

I'm going to take it again in a minute without that guide.

Also, the only way I got the non-blank page was by cutting off everything past the RWA in your link. If I left it as-is it was a snowstorm.

Looking at it now (will update) for problematic questions.

1. Gays and lesbians are just as healthy and moral as everyone else.

I thought lesbians were gay...second, everyone knows it's "The Gays," and lastly, how moral and healthy is everyone else? :think:

2. Atheists and others who have rebelled against the established religions are no doubt every bit as good and virtuous as those who attend church regularly.
Who decides the standards? The BTK guy was a deacon, so the attendance thing doesn't seem like much of a wind sock. And rebelled in what way?

3. The "old-fashioned ways" and the "old-fashioned values" still show the best way to live.
Should read "traditional" as the "old-fashioned" choice pushes the answer toward no.

4. There are many radical, immoral people in our country today, who are trying to ruin it for their own godless purposes, whom the authorities should put out of action.
I'd say yes to the first part and no to the last. So that's an irritating one. Not everything that's wrong with us needs a law to fix. A lot of it is simply up to us...maybe that was the point, but it still irks me as questions go.

A "woman's place" should be wherever she wants to be. The days when women are submissive to their husbands and social conventions belong strictly in the past.
Every social convention? A bit out of left field with the caveat, or poorly phrased.

There is no "one right way" to live life; everybody has to create their own way.
I don't believe the first/premise, but everyone has the right to choose their context within the law. As it stands I can't agree with it.

I said no to additional questions and my overall score was lower this time, at 18.75. I'm not sure what was responsible for the change.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I had a number of neutral responses and the rest were strongly. I reserved the neutral for questions where I wasn't in complete agreement (usually the solution end) but was with the set-up.

I had a mix of strongly, very strongly, and neutral.

Also, the only way I got the non-blank page was by cutting off everything past the RWA in your link. If I left it as-is it was a snowstorm.

Yeah I figured that out yesterday, but the link should be good now.

Looking at it now (will update) for problematic questions...

I said no to additional questions and my overall score was lower this time, at 18.75. I'm not sure what was responsible for the change.

I had reservations similar to what you noted, but wonder if they give more of a pause to those less likely to have RWA tendencies, because it seems slightly more questions were designed to elicit a strongly or very strongly agree RWA response, and maybe that was the aim.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
INTP

Always is. I used to give the test to my AP classes in science, having score themselves, and telling them that they didn't need to share it with anyone else, just keep in in mind when studying and doing projects.

I then discussed how different people could most effectively learn. For example, some people should carefully build understanding from basic material presented in the lectures, while others should go to the website and read the summary before looking over the notes.

One student shared with me, saying she thought she was the only person in the world like herself. (She was an NT). I told her that an AP science class was probably the most likely place to find other NTs. Interestingly, there's a surprising number of left-handed people in AP science and math, and in Gifted and Talented classes. I did a poll every year, and we always had more lefties than the general population.