Fast Personality Test

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As Briggs Myers goes this is a breeze of a quick test, taking fewer than twelve minutes even for a slow reader. Four pages of clicks and there you are. Feel free to post the results here.

Me? I'm an ENFP, thank you kindly.

Link to test here.

Breaks down

Extrovert: 71%
Intuitive: 61%
Feeling: 29%
Prospecting: 67%
Assertive: 54%

Overview:

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills.

Famous ENFPs from celebritytypes.com:

Hunter Thompson, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Kurt Vonnegut, Walt Disney, Anais Nin, Jacques Derrida, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Orson Welles.

Last edited:

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
INFP

Previously INTJ (years ago)

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm.

musterion

INFP, but I'm better at it than the two above me. I say that because I think such personality tests are hokum.

Spitfire

What I've always wondered is why this particular personality test is so popular and why people have so much faith in it.

I even wonder if maybe part of its original purpose was to help "introverts" (as though introversion vs. extroversion really were such a binary matter) feel better about themselves. Not that I'm saying introverts shouldn't feel better about themselves, but... what do their results on this test really do for them? :p

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What I've always wondered is why this particular personality test is so popular and why people have so much faith in it.

I don't know how many people put how much faith in it, actually. I think most understand the limitations of internet tests, but even simplified versions can often give an accurate window on a personality type. The career center at college uses tests like these to help students in planning majors and setting career goals, for example.

I even wonder if maybe part of its original purpose was to help "introverts" (as though introversion vs. extroversion really were such a binary matter) feel better about themselves. Not that I'm saying introverts shouldn't feel better about themselves, but... what does their results on this test really do for them? :p

Feel better about what, exactly? :)

Spitfire

I don't know how many people put how much faith in it, actually.
It just seems, based on my own admittedly limited personal experience, like Meyers-Briggs results are more likely to get posted as though they were some kind of major revelation than results of all other kinds of personality tests put together. In fact, other than DOPE (which may in time come to rival the Meyers-Briggs test, though as of today there's not even a Wikipedia article about it) I can't even think of the names of any other personality tests because they just aren't as frequently a discussion topic.

Which makes it even stranger when a blog entry or whatever else says something like "Hey! Here's a great way to learn more about yourself! I'm an INTJ! Here's what INTJ means!" as though no one had ever heard of this test before... (And it seems like the vast majority of people who do this are either INTJ or INTP according to the test, hence what I said about making introverts feel better - evidently it does something for them in particular!) :p

In any case, in addition to any older threads that may have been deleted, it's had two other threads devoted to it here at TOL:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79779
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94237

Feel better about what, exactly? :)
Lack of appreciation?
http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts

Or maybe, since INTP and INTJ are supposed to come up so rarely (according to TH's 2012 thread), it makes them feel rare and unique.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Extroverts sometimes ask introverts "what's wrong?" The answer is "let me ponder your question apart from your company." To which the extrovert may say "come on let's hash this out right now, you weirdo "

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It just seems, based on my own admittedly limited personal experience, like Meyers-Briggs results are more likely to get posted as though they were some kind of major revelation than results of all other kinds of personality tests put together. In fact, other than DOPE (which may in time come to rival the Meyers-Briggs test) I can't even think of the names of any other personality tests because they just aren't as frequently a discussion topic.

Which makes it even stranger when a blog entry or whatever else says something like "Hey! Here's a great way to learn more about yourself! I'm an INTJ! Here's what INTJ means!" as though no one had ever heard of this test before... (And it seems like the vast majority of people who do this are either INTJ or INTP according to the test, hence what I said about making introverts feel better - evidently it does something for them in particular!) :p

Or maybe people are just having a little fun taking them. :)

In any event, I guess I don't get around much, I don't read enough blogs where the subject's come up to have a good idea of what's being said out there.

Lack of appreciation?
http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts

Or maybe, since INTP and INTJ come up so rarely (according to TH's 2012 thread), it makes them feel rare and unique.
I'll take a look at the TED talk later, I'm supposed to be writing a paper when I'm not procrastinating in here. (Is procrastination a character trait?) But speaking as a self-identified introvert-type person, a lack of appreciation (lack of public appreciation anyway) isn't a driving force for me at all - the less attention, the better. Personal relationships are different, but then I wouldn't be sharing that publicly anyway. :)

Spitfire

I'll take a look at the TED talk later, I'm supposed to be writing a paper when I'm not procrastinating in here. (Is procrastination a character trait?) But speaking as a self-identified introvert-type person, a lack of appreciation (lack of public appreciation anyway) isn't a driving force for me at all - the less attention, the better. Personal relationships are different, but then I wouldn't be sharing that publicly anyway. :)
Should you ever get mixed up with Redditt (which I would not will on you or anyone else) you may begin to understand just how much UNDYING RAGE at pretty much everyone and everything lies beneath the sedate façade of many who are outwardly soft-spoken, studious, nerdy/geeky etc. :p

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Should you ever get mixed up with Redditt (which I would not will on you or anyone else) you may begin to understand just how much UNDYING RAGE at pretty much everyone and everything lies beneath the sedate façade of many who are outwardly soft-spoken, studious, nerdy/geeky etc. :p

I've followed links to there a few times, and when I did, I felt like I'd jumped into a pool with no bottom and no way back to the surface. :chuckle:

So no, I wasn't aware of the rage of the introverts. :)

But let's talk about you.

Would you consider yourself an extrovert IRL?

Spitfire

Would you consider yourself an extrovert IRL?
I actually consider myself to be more introverted than extroverted, though I don't think anyone is one or the other all the time and it depends on a lot on the situation. In some situations, it might seem like I'm actually very extroverted. And it wouldn't surprise me if people who think of themselves as introverted see me as extroverted and vice versa.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Because it tends to bear out and people are always fascinated by that sort of thing.

I even wonder if maybe part of its original purpose was to help "introverts" (as though introversion vs. extroversion really were such a binary matter) feel better about themselves.
Could be, but I'd think there's reason for anyone to feel better and to get a sense of the underlying weaknesses too.

Not that I'm saying introverts shouldn't feel better about themselves, but... what do their results on this test really do for them? :p
Same as anyone else, I'd think. As for testing differently. I'd suppose that shifts will tend to occur over time where the orientation isn't strong. At one point, years ago, I was ever so slightly in the T camp. And now I'm more comfortably into the P.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I actually consider myself to be more introverted than extroverted, though I don't think anyone is one or the other all the time and it depends on a lot on the situation. In some situations, it might seem like I'm actually very extroverted. And it wouldn't surprise me if people who think of themselves as introverted see me as extroverted and vice versa.

I definitely agree it's quite common, even usual, to be on a continually sliding scale depending on context (are you with family? Old friends? At a party or professional gathering?) but there will be a certain comfort zone that settles as your default.

I perceive you here as more extroverted than your post numbers would indicate, but as holding back for your own reasons. I could be totally wrong on that, and of course have no idea what you're like in real life situations. Maybe extroverted with family and friends, and less so in large social/professional gatherings? I think that's how a lot of people might be, the middle of the bell curve.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was only just saying to AMR that I suspect that introverts likely find anonymous places like TOL appealing, allowing them to step into the shoes of an extrovert without much of what would make them nervous or otherwise uncomfortable on that count.

Though for some reason I'm always surprised by it. I suppose I can't truly understand the introvert. Too alien to my experience. My wife says, "That's right, dear." I don't know what she means by that...:noid:

I suspect she's up to no good. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I was only just saying to AMR that I suspect that introverts likely find anonymous places like TOL appealing, allowing them to step into the shoes of an extrovert without much of what would make them nervous or otherwise uncomfortable on that count.

Hmm... somehow that doesn't feel like a good fit.

Speaking for myself, I don't come here with the intention of living an alternate life as an extrovert, nor do I desire it. If I did, my post count would reflect it, and I wouldn't delete posts after I make them because I second-guessed them as oversharing.

Along another line of thought, when posting to someone here I'm not thinking about whether anyone's reading along, I'm focused on that one person. So in that way it still feels like I'm in the proverbial corner at the party, so to speak. And I like it that way. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hmm... somehow that doesn't feel like a good fit.

Speaking for myself, I don't come here with the intention of living an alternate life as an extrovert, nor do I desire it.
I didn't mean to imply that as an intention. But it does rather seem that many an introvert is uncommonly bold here and that intimates my point. Additionally, were it not enjoyable so many of them would be loath to continue...and yet.

If I did, my post count would reflect it, and I wouldn't delete posts after I make them because I second-guessed them as oversharing.
I didn't mean that everyone so qualifies or that even so it follows that we can entirely escape our natures, however disposed.

Along another line of thought, when posting to someone here I'm not thinking about whether anyone's reading along, I'm focused on that one person. So in that way it still feels like I'm in the proverbial corner at the party, so to speak. And I like it that way. :)
Reasonable enough...and yet you know better and don't communicate exclusively by means that would guarantee that outcome and particular. :cheers:

ESTJ personality
So at least two extroverts then. :)