Fast Personality Test

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Then you completely missed where the jab actually landed.

Actually, no - I didn't.

I just didn't think it was funny.

I don't think you've noticed or maybe you're just not in the mood for it, but I'm having a little fun and most of this is pretty cheeky.

Honestly, TH - when you see red flags do you think they're Valentine's Day decorations?

Then it IS like talking to Cruc...son of a gun.

Not funny. After all the stuff he's said to me (and to other women here) that you'd continue to pull him into your joking at my expense is exceptionally misguided.

Okay, here goes...what's to miss and what's to comment on? That's why I decided, instead, to use the college/credit bit instead.

Too late. I had specific, serious questions/comments about the study you linked to, and you blew me off.

I hope you had enough fun. :)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I think you'd likely get the same result either way. :plain:

But why dawdle, let's talk about what you really want to talk about...me. :eek:

For anyone who missed it, what sod is having a hyperbolic fit about is that I once had a thread here called Observations Great and Small (no, another one). It was pruned a while back and I was disappointed given how much of TOL's history was in it, how many cool and long disappeared threads were at least in part found there, how many posters of note also gone with moves and prunnings were mostly and sometimes only found there.

I'd offered most of my threads to the mods for prunning as we made the last move. That thread only had around three thousand posts, but around a quarter of a million views. It wasn't a space eater, so I have no idea why it was pruned. Doesn't matter now and given the best of what I liked about it personally I'd used in various bits of writing away from here, I can't really complain of a personal harm.

Shame though. If you came in after the fact, by way of example, you'd have had a window into the long gone but very entertaining thread about a certain tiger and a particular plane. :eek: That was a great thread.

That's just sod being goofy by trying to find some traction to complain. No rational human being would say, "Hey, did you read X in knight's Personality Test thread?" by way of.

Or, it's knight's joint and he gives us canvas to paint on. His materials and he can collect them at will or close the gallery, but it's still your art, whatever it comes to and whatever happens to it.

wow - I must have really touched a nerve :chuckle:

there there little fellow, it'll all be ok

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Actually, no - I didn't. I just didn't think it was funny.
Okay, not being amused is all right with me. We don't all share the same perspective on that sort of thing. I'm sorry you didn't like it. I think it speaks to you giving that doofi entirely too much gravitas in relation to you, but that's your call and I've done that, so I can't throw a stone on the point that's worth anything.

Honestly, TH - when you see red flags do you think they're Valentine's Day decorations?
See, I think that's funny. :) I don't agree with it, but it's funny. No, but when I don't agree with someone I tend to stand my ground. If it's a friend I try to do that as gently as I can. Humor helps. Or it beats the alternative.

Not funny. After all the stuff he's said to me (and to other women here) that you'd continue to pull him into your joking at my expense is exceptionally misguided.
Your expense? If you think it was at your expense then you didn't get the joke at all.

Too late.
Now that's ridiculous. Seriously, you can't complain about my not answering a question that reduces to, "Did you read and see the problem here?" and then pull this when I do anyway...

I had specific, serious questions/comments about the study you linked to, and you blew me off.
I blew off a question that didn't seem serious. I thought you had to be joking around. Ah, well.

wow - I must have really touched a nerve :chuckle:
there there little fellow, it'll all be ok
You think I wrote that for you? :eek: You keep that up and you'll charm me yet.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Okay, not being amused is all right with me. We don't all share the same perspective on that sort of thing. I'm sorry you didn't like it. I think it speaks to you giving that doofi entirely too much gravitas in relation to you, but that's your call and I've done that, so I can't throw a stone on the point that's worth anything.

I think what bothers me is that I don't think you're really listening to me. That's not said with animosity, either. Resignation, maybe. It seems to me like you're looking past what I'm saying because you're already busy formulating your next gotcha or punch line.

See, I think that's funny. :) I don't agree with it, but it's funny. No, but when I don't agree with someone I tend to stand my ground. If it's a friend I try to do that as gently as I can. Humor helps. Or it beats the alternative.
You're a good friend, so I'm going to leave this particular conversation after I post this. If you'd like to continue, maybe via PM would be better.

Your expense? If you think it was at your expense then you didn't get the joke at all.

No, I got the joke. You can quit telling me I didn't get the joke. I got the joke. I'm not dumb. It's unfortunate you don't seem to understand how your humor could have been at my expense.

Now that's ridiculous. Seriously, you can't complain about my not answering a question that reduces to, "Did you read and see the problem here?" and then pull this when I do anyway...

I blew off a question that didn't seem serious. I thought you had to be joking around. Ah, well.

Not serious?

Did you perhaps consider going back to see what my questions and comments regarding the study were? It's not that hard to scroll back and see where I brought up the methodology, language, samples and abstract. But please don't bother now.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think what bothers me is that I don't think you're really listening to me. That's not said with animosity, either. Resignation, maybe. It seems to me like you're looking past what I'm saying because you're already busy formulating your next gotcha or punch line.
Not as a continuation of argument, we see how we see past a point, but no. I listen to everyone I read, especially the people I like. I just don't always agree with them, which is fair since I'm certain they often disagree with me.

On repartee, it isn't something that distracts me...I don't work at it, it's just a knack, like finding an article or a verb ready in your head as you come to it.

You're a good friend, so I'm going to leave this particular conversation after I post this.
This sentence I love. So it's like you then. :)

No, I got the joke. You can quit telling me I didn't get the joke. I got the joke. I'm not dumb.
I will never think anything of the sort. Never have and never could. You have my word on it.

It's unfortunate you don't seem to understand how your humor could have been at my expense.
I can see that you're offended and that pains me. I know nothing in what I wrote was aimed at that offense, so I don't understand and it's absolutely unfortunate that we find the impasse. He's a nasty business when it comes to women. I've been on him about that and in his face, both argumentatively and with repartee since it started. The inferential and lighter shots tied here are in the same sense. But no, I don't understand how an insult to someone you detest comes at your expense because I used a remark you made as the launching point.

I think the tendency of someone like that deserves to be the routine, even off handed butt of jokes. There should be a new term in the TOL lexicon to cement the idea. I think the worst thing you can do to someone who holds up a dark idea is to join them with that idea at every turn in ridicule, until it comes to the point where they either want to change their name or their mind.

Anyway, if I said, for whatever reason, "I just can't leave this alone" and you responded, "Now you know how sod feels" I wouldn't find it offensive. I'd find it funny. Now I've had every sort of low insult imaginable come from that one and many of them over and over for years. If, instead, you said, "Way to go then, sod" I'd take offense, because the aim was for me, using his nature and my understanding for a joke played at my expense.

My remarks were of the first sort. That's as clearly as I can state my intent and why this puzzles me.

Not serious?
No, I didn't take it as a serious question. I took it as a friend catching a funny misprint in the newspaper nudging me and saying, "Do you believe that?" I wouldn't consider that an inquiry, just a shared shake of the head. The credit remark was just a thinly layered joke, trading on our both being in college. The credit I was asking for was only that.

And that's all I can do to at least clarify my mystification and intent within the context.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm a CAMPAIGNER (ENFP-A)
Now every time I see that -A ending I start laughing. :eek:

Here's a question for the board, have any of you consciously altered your personality type? I ask because I did ages ago and I was wondering if anyone else did that, with intention.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
he's listening to you, but only attentively enough to create a "humorous" rejoinder for his "Mommy's Fridge Door" compilation
Like being lectured on physics by the Taco Bell dog. Except that would be interesting and possibly informative. :plain:

ok doser

doser observes:
he's listening to you, but only attentively enough to create a "humorous" rejoinder for his "Mommy's Fridge Door" compilation
which is a paraphrase of what annabananahead said:
It seems to me like you're looking past what I'm saying because you're already busy formulating your next gotcha or punch line.

Here's a question for the board, have any of you consciously altered your personality type? I ask because I did ages ago and I was wondering if anyone else did that, with intention.

you intentionally altered your personality to what it is now? :noway:

if you thought it was an improvement, what on earth must you have been before? :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
doser observes:
which is a paraphrase of what annabananahead said:
The difference between you and anna is the difference between a decent, caring human being who said something out of a hurt that wasn't intended and a troll whose only real connection to that is found in attempts to manipulate it.

When we're irked with people we like we sometimes say the things we know will irk them back. And a friend doesn't hold that against another, even if it gives fuel to a troll.

you intentionally altered your personality to what it is now? :noway:
And they said you'd probably never grow up to be a reader...well, at least they got the reading part wrong. :think: So that's something right there.

if you thought it was an improvement, what on earth must you have been before? :chuckle:
I started to write, "Use your imagination". Then I thought about it and that seemed cruel.

Well, just go kick a rock then. :)

ok doser

doser asks:
doser said:
if you thought it was an improvement, what on earth must you have been before?

I started to write...

so you were illiterate before?

fascinating

as to the rest, I doubt you'll be able to avoid excerpting your exchanges with annabananahead, which said excerpts will, of course, paint her in a poor light and highlight your "wit" and "cleverness"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or to borrow sod's notion of wit...
you fascinating
To you? Seems so, doesn't it.

as to the rest, I doubt you'll be able to avoid excerpting your exchanges with annabananahead, which said excerpts will, of course, paint her in a poor light and highlight your "wit" and "cleverness"
Well, no. I never have and never will.

Now you can try to drive that wedge, but you won't have any success at it. So that shouldn't feel out of the ordinary for you. :e4e:

ok doser

you don't see the unintentional humor in his implied admission of his ignorance of physics?

man, I must be the only one who sees him sticking his foot in his mouth with every post he makes :idunno:

I assume he's not playing the clown intentionally