What Are You Listening To Now VII

Arthur Brain

Nice post.
I recalled how I first called you Mr Brain when I came here. It was pretty cool to be able call someone that.

But when I am faced with how long I have been here on TOL, i must argue here..

I could be quiet - or assume the politically correct position - the one that allows praise for whatever weird bizarre crazy-arsed music is shared here but never allows a negative or funny word to be said..

But music is communication. Would any of you really hinder communication since you are here to communicate yourselves?

I share music here thinking music may say something or provoke a thought - as if it were a tool with others. I play other peoples music posted here and sometimes have either my world opened a bit or a
moment of surprise or something in the one who posted it.

Now you are telling me that y'all are just all alone in your worlds and "just want to be left alone" with this music you are sharing? Like Greta Garbo??

Sing, post it, and I will never say another irritating word on this thread.

I'll say one more post on this and then any other discussion would be better suited to a separate thread so as not to derail this one further.

A lot of forums have similar threads to this one where it's simply all about sharing music and that's it, of all kinds or another. They aren't debating threads or ones that call for criticism of music you, I or anyone else may not happen to like.

It's a community thread and the odd post of appreciation for a particular piece/song is fine, slating or berating another's choice simply because it's too 'weird' isn't as threads like these are not about division but about sharing something we all happen to enjoy in its many forms - music.

Yes, music is a form of communication but it's much more than that as well.

:e4e:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"Look What You've Done" by Jet is going through my head most of the time these days.

I am thinking of taking up my guitar again so I can play it. I got some serious health problems three years ago and I haven't played my guitar since. I played semi-pro and played my guitars every single day before I was diagnosed.

I have no more callouses on my fingers but I am thinking seriously about working through the pain and trying it again!