DMV says no makeup for driver's license photo; boy sues

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

The mother of a 16-year-old filed a federal lawsuit against the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles on Tuesday claiming her son was sexually discriminated against when he was forced to remove his facial makeup for a driver's license photo.

Chase Culpepper, 16, was born a male but is gender nonconforming. He regularly wears makeup and clothing typically worn by women, according to the lawsuit.

After passing his driver's test in June, Chase went to have his license photo taken. But an employee at the office asked him to remove his makeup.

The employee told Chase he couldn't wear "a disguise" and didn't look "like a boy should," the teen told CNN affiliate WYFF.

The lawsuit says Chase was discriminated against based on the employee's gender stereotypes and Chase's constitutional rights to freedom of speech and expression were violated....
read more here: http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/02/justice/south-carolina-drivers-license-makeup/

Another couple of transgenders - 2 males who dress as women, were also refused drivers licenses unless they removed their drag - and appeared to be the sex listed on the application (male)- they each wanted to change their licenses to change their name to a more female sounding name and have their photos as women.

"(A manager) told me it was a DMV policy that people listed as male could not wear makeup," said Kristen Skinner. "The manager referred to me as 'it' and told me to take off my makeup, wig and fake eyelashes."

Skinner, whose hair and eyelashes were her own and not fake, eventually took the license photo after removing all facial makeup.

The 45-year-old IT professional called the experience at the Charles Town office in Jefferson County on January 7 "humiliating."

"The way I was treated was unprofessional," Skinner said. "Isn't the point of a photo identification to identify how you look every day?"

Trudy Kitzmiller said she had a similar experience many months later in neighboring Berkeley County. According to her, after showing all the legal paperwork to change her name on her driver's license, DMV workers in Martinsburg demanded she remove all makeup, jewelry and long hair.

The 52-year-old says she was also called "it."

"It doesn't matter whether my license says M or F. I'm still a transgendered woman, and they shouldn't tell me how to dress or appear," Kitzmiller said.
read more here: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/living/transgender-dmv-complaint-west-virginia/index.html

Thoughts? In my opinion allowing people to list things other than what they are, opens the door to all kinds of identification problems and would allow for terrorism or criminal activity to more easily occur.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

read more here: http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/02/justice/south-carolina-drivers-license-makeup/

Another couple of transgenders - 2 males who dress as women, were also refused drivers licenses unless they removed their drag - and appeared to be the sex listed on the application (male)- they each wanted to change their licenses to change their name to a more female sounding name and have their photos as women.

read more here: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/living/transgender-dmv-complaint-west-virginia/index.html

Thoughts? In my opinion allowing people to list things other than what they are, opens the door to all kinds of identification problems and would allow for terrorism or criminal activity to more easily occur.

Identification is to ... identify. Anything that would alter the identity the person in question would defeat the purpose of ... requiring a license.

GFR7

The whole gender-bending thing has gone to heights I never dreamed possible.... :think:

That said, behold the boy:

_h0_w295_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

If they make him photograph as a male, and he gets stopped with all his makeup and hairdo, the police won't believe its his valid license....

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If they make him photograph as a male, and he gets stopped with all his makeup and hairdo, the police won't believe its his valid license....

You don't believe they would be able to see his features or if he was arrested see who he was without his makeup?

What if someone was stopped in a halloween costume?

genuineoriginal

The whole gender-bending thing has gone to heights I never dreamed possible.... :think:

This guy should be able to get his license photo in makeup, too.
Right?
kissmania-tribute-band-member-paul-mueller-gene-simmons.jpg

glorydaz

I'm wondering what they'd do with a frisk. To frisk or not to frisk by what gender? I can see the lawsuits from here. Seems like the same problem with the burkahs, doesn't it?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Update: South Carolina DMV Settles With Boy Who Sued to Wear Makeup for Driver’s License Photo

Culpepper-300x250.jpg

COLUMBIA, S.C. — The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV) has settled with a male teenager who filed a lawsuit last year when he was asked to remove his makeup for his driver’s license photo....

....ast week, it was announced that the DMV had reached a settlement with the teen to allow him—and all other males who consider themselves to be “gender non-conforming” or “transgender”—to wear makeup for their driver’s license photographs.

“[T]he South Carolina DMV will (1) change its photo policy to allow license applicants to be photographed the way they appear regularly, even when their hair, makeup or clothing doesn’t match the DMV’s expectations of how a man or a woman should look; (2) implement training for DMV employees that addresses the new policy and the professional treatment of transgender and gender nonconforming individuals; (3) allow Chase to return to the DMV to get her license photograph taken wearing makeup; and (4) apologize to Chase for how she was treated at the DMV,” the Fund outlined....

Read more at link above.

I wonder if they would let me wear a miss america banner and crown and have my pic taken declaring myself miss america?