GFR7

This reveals an attitude some feminists have for the Scripture:

MISANDRY.jpg

And this shows the hidden history of Misandry:

wilson-apr17-1898.bmp

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I agree the men were kind of narcissistic, and the women became without hope (feeling that their own talents were being over-shadowed by the success of the men).
Or maybe they simply felt like pretty objects and wanted to be valued as three dimensional human beings. Maybe what felt sufficient as admiration curdled as they aged and matured. :idunno:

And yes, they expected the women to simply cook and clean (which they did atrociously, possibly out of revenge). :think:
Utility then. An extension of their own ego and a servant to their needs.

Why on earth would that breed contempt and revolt? [/sarcasm]

Perhaps this gave rise to the feminism, but it seemed to make them even less happy.....
When the person who is supposed to cherish and love you treats you like that I doubt much would make you happy while you were in the relationship.

By "male attributes" i mean a seriousness about books, film, music and not all the fluff which women in our society tend to gravitate toward.
:plain: I don't know who told you that was true, but they're nuts.

Why Women Read More Than Men

Women Still Make Up the Majority of Moviegoers

Music is a bit split, with women comprising a slight majority of country music, while men make up the majority of those entranced by jazz, though there has been a shift on that front of late. All of which is to say it varies by kind.

One of the most frustrating aspects of academic feminism which I encountered in the University was just this: That because the "Patriarchy" had oppressed women, misandry was justified.
Interesting. My mother was a professor and I spent a great deal of my life in academic settings at the University level. I encountered very little that matches your above. I'm sure it was present, as almost anything is if you look hard enough across a wide enough palate, but what I mostly encountered was a determination to find real equality and opportunity without regard for gender.

GFR7

Or maybe they simply felt like pretty objects and wanted to be valued as three dimensional human beings. Maybe what felt sufficient as admiration curdled as they aged and matured. :idunno:

Utility then. An extension of their own ego and a servant to their needs.

Why on earth would that breed contempt and revolt? [/sarcasm]

When the person who is supposed to cherish and love you treats you like that I doubt much would make you happy while you were in the relationship.

:plain: I don't know who told you that was true, but they're nuts.

Why Women Read More Than Men

Women Still Make Up the Majority of Moviegoers

Music is a bit split, with women comprising a slight majority of country music, while men make up the majority of those entranced by jazz, though there has been a shift on that front of late. All of which is to say it varies by kind.

Interesting. My mother was a professor and I spent a great deal of my life in academic settings at the University level. I encountered very little that matches your above. I'm sure it was present, as almost anything is if you look hard enough across a wide enough palate, but what I mostly encountered was a determination to find real equality and opportunity without regard for gender.
Why do your replies always leave me feeling deeply depressed? :think:

GFR7

Because they often run contrary to your inclinations/bias and are factually and rationally founded. :plain: Just a guess, mind you
Maybe. I just feel sucker-punched after your responses. :nono: Like I am dealing with that character 'Data' from the old Star Trek.........

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Maybe. I just feel sucker-punched after your responses.
:think: Seems reasonable. You think you have your hands around something and someone brings contrary data and argument to it then it likely will feel a bit like an unexpected shot of sorts.

Like I am dealing with that character 'Data' from the old Star Trek.........
That's "old" Star Trek to you? :)

GFR7

:think: Seems reasonable. You think you have your hands around something and someone brings contrary data and argument to it then it likely will feel a bit like an unexpected shot of sorts.

That's "old" Star Trek to you? :)
Well, I stopped watching it some years ago so I assumed they'd moved on..... :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, I stopped watching it some years ago so I assumed they'd moved on..... :think:
Captain Picard was in some sort of accident and now he runs a school for mutants. La Forge is the dean of a University that employs a crime solving schizophrenic. Number One's career went number two. That sort of thing.

Back on the whole methodology topic, don't sell yourself short. You have an interesting block quote rope a dope method that hasn't gone unnoticed by a couple of us. :box:

Status
Not open for further replies.