Baking Cakes for Homosexual Couples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volts

Suppose a homosexual couple goes to a bakery and orders a cake for their wedding. If the baker bakes them a cake knowing that the cake is for the wedding of a homosexual couple, does this mean that the baker is giving approval to their marriage? Does this mean that the baker is celebrating the marriage with the homosexual couple?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Suppose a homosexual couple goes to a bakery and orders a cake for their wedding. If the baker bakes them a cake knowing that the cake is for the wedding of a homosexual couple, does this mean that the baker is giving approval to their marriage? Does this mean that the baker is celebrating the marriage with the homosexual couple?
No, the baker has every right to make or NOT make the cake. (at least that's how it should be)

Shouldn't we have the freedom to associate with who we choose?

Furthermore.... there is nothing morally wrong with the baler making the cake or refusing to make the cake. The homosexual couple can go elsewhere to have their cake made.

elohiym

Would there be anything wrong with a Christian making idols for the temple of a false God?
If you think homosexuality is wickedness, then you ought to think it would be morally wrong to bake that cake.

elohiym

The two dudes holding hands on the top of the cake doesn't tip him off?
Is this about a Christian baker being deceived?
:idunno:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Would there be anything wrong with a Christian making idols for the temple of a false God?
If you think homosexuality is wickedness, then you ought to think it would be morally wrong to bake that cake.
Personally I wouldn't bake the cake.

And if I did.... it would be the worst cake I ever made.

The baker might choose to bake the cake to feed his family. We do live and work in the world.

Truster

I have advised and instructed same sex couples in my professional capacity. My advising them does not mean I approve of them.

elohiym

I have advised and instructed same sex couples in my professional capacity. My advising them does not mean I approve of them.

Do you advise them to stop being homosexuals?
Would it be immoral for you to bake them a wedding cake?

Fiat Tenebris

Conservatives are right on this issue.

Would you want a cake someone was forced to make? I wouldn't risk a piece.

As for celebrating perversion I only do that when I'm multitasking.

PureX

Suppose a homosexual couple goes to a bakery and orders a cake for their wedding. If the baker bakes them a cake knowing that the cake is for the wedding of a homosexual couple, does this mean that the baker is giving approval to their marriage?
No.
Does this mean that the baker is celebrating the marriage with the homosexual couple?
No.

Has the baker committed a sin?

No.

Has the baker denied his faith?

No.

Has the baker offended God?

No.

:chew:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would I bake a cake for a homosexual couple? Or anyone else for that matter? It would depend on whether or not I liked them, despised them or were neutral.

If it were someone I despised, they would get a cake that was edible and safe to eat, but wretched enough to turn them off towards cake for the rest of their lives.

Not caring too much for the idea of someone targeting business owners for the sole purpose of being obnoxious.

Fiat Tenebris

Would I bake a cake for a homosexual couple? Or anyone else for that matter? It would depend on whether or not I liked them, despised them or were neutral.

If it were someone I despised, they would get a cake that was edible and safe to eat, but wretched enough to turn them off towards cake for the rest of their lives.

Not caring too much for the idea of someone targeting business owners for the sole purpose of being obnoxious.

I'd never bake a cake for homosexuals. It wouldn't be fabulous enough for them and I want all potential cake to myself.

GFR7

Conservatives are right on this issue.

Would you want a cake someone was forced to make? I wouldn't risk a piece.

As for celebrating perversion I only do that when I'm multitasking.
Yes, and there is no NEED for gays to force a Christian bakery to make their wedding cakes, as there are plenty of secular and pro-gay bakeries (or just neutral) these days.

What is so offensive is that the gay couples deliberately choose Christian bakeries so they can:

1. get into litigation
2. further the 'cause'
3. Lord it over religious people
4. Be punitive to religious people (financially and socially)

VERY WRONG and quite fascist, in a sneaky way!

Last edited:

GFR7

Yes, that is the exact point I am trying to make in my post. :thumb:

PureX

Of course, but you are not a commercial baker, with a business that's licensed and open to serve the public.
So you would deliberately cheat them of their time and money, and ruin their wedding, because you don't like them. That's a pretty low thing to do.
But not minding business owners who cheat and abuse customers just because they don't like them, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.