If You Could Add to/Alter TOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

Anyone hounding and driving another poster into a corner and causing them to utter profanity should be banned permanently.

If you're getting stalked then report it to admin. If you're getting wound up by a poster then simply put them on ignore. If you decide to respond with profanity then take ownership of it. There's plenty options available to avoid it.

Simple.

fzappa13

He who has died has been freed from sin. How can we who have died remain in it? You can't!

I'm reasonably certain that if you were dead you wouldn't be posting ... that is unless Knight is at the Ouija board again.

Last edited:

fzappa13

So true! The English language is absolutely breathtaking in it's scope!

They tell me that it and Chinese are the hardest to learn. Say what you will about English but it is undoubtedly a testament to hybrid vigor. I just worry about this texting thing ... I think it is the death knell of the English language.

bybee

They tell me that it and Chinese are the hardest to learn. Say what you will about English but it is undoubtedly a testament to hybrid vigor. I just worry about this texting thing ... I think it is the death knell of the English language.

Also, the young people have not read most classics which includes the Bible so they miss references that older educated generations are able to tune into.

Last edited:

fzappa13

Words and literary references have come and gone in English. This just seems to be a natural part of each generation adapting it to fit their situation.

But, r u my bff 2?

:nono:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Words and literary references have come and gone in English. This just seems to be a natural part of each generation adapting it to fit their situation.

But, r u my bff 2?

:nono:

ironically, in sixty years, todays teens will look back on "r u mi bff 2" as one of the classics

musterion

I would add a real "pay to play" subforum (or forums) limited to only those who pay to enter AND sign off on a doctrinal statement. Knight could start as many as he wanted to, I suppose. The pay part would discourage trolling but if one is stupid enough to pay to infiltrate, his having lied on the doctrinal statement would become evident soon enough. That would result in a forever and ever perma-ban. That's what I'd do.

fzappa13

I would add a real "pay to play" subforum (or forums) limited to only those who pay to enter AND sign off on a doctrinal statement. Knight could start as many as he wanted to, I suppose. The pay part would discourage trolling but if one is stupid enough to pay to infiltrate, his having lied on the doctrinal statement would become evident soon enough. That would result in a forever and ever perma-ban. That's what I'd do.

Sounds like it's time for somebody to put their money where their mouth is and ... start their own website.

:idea:

What would you recommend?

For what it's worth I'd implement a feature whereby one could keep unwanted drooling , malicious idiots out of one's threads!
Wouldn't it nice to have a pleasant exchange or spirited debate without the carping slanderers constant disruption?

:think:

I'd like to be able to invite all the liberals here to our petting zoo here in Anchorage. We have wonderful Polar and grizzly bears that LOVE liberals.

Status
Not open for further replies.