NEG REPPING ... and the Three W's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since discussions about neg rep always seem to pop up, I thought I would initiate a *light-hearted, what makes you tick* sort of thread.

So ... the question is ...

Who. When. Why.

glorydaz

Who, if anyone, do you neg on a regular basis? Why (or what criteria) do you use for neg repping?

When ... scratch that. Doesn't really apply. It was an extra W. :dizzy:

At least my "where" should stay then....since Meshak thought it best to add where the offence took place, right?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At least my "where" should stay then....since Meshak thought it best to add where the offence took place, right?

Where did this happen? On TOL? :dizzy:

Obviously I had a blonde moment at the very instant I was *wording* the subject header. Of this thread.

Why?

Caffeine deficiency.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Since discussions about neg rep always seem to pop up, I thought I would initiate a *light-hearted, what makes you tick* sort of thread.

Who. When. Why.
Who? Repeat trolls mostly. When? Almost never. Why? Because I don't like the post and feel obliged to make the strongest possible statement on it, though again I tend to do that publicly. It's a rare confluence of things that sponsors a neg rep from me.

Oh, and kmo, randomly. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who? Repeat trolls mostly. When? Almost never. Why? Because I don't like the post and feel obliged to make the strongest possible statement on it, though again I tend to do that publicly. It's a rare confluence of things that sponsors a neg rep from me.

Oh, and kmo, randomly. :)

Pretty much the same here. I normally aim negs at trolls, liars, stalkers and instigators.

Oh, and those who neg me first.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Pretty much the same here. I normally aim negs at trolls, liars, stalkers and instigators.

Oh, and those who neg me first.
I forgot those, but sure. At least the first time. Some newbie did that and I returned and the goof forgot he started it and gave me another. I thought it was funny and just stopped. :chuckle: Can't remember who that was, but they got all indignant about it, which made it funnier.

glorydaz

Where did this happen? On TOL? :dizzy:

Obviously I had a blonde moment at the very instant I was *wording* the subject header. Of this thread.

Why?

Caffeine deficiency.

Yeah, on one of her many "threads". I've never seen a person who says so much and so little at the same time. :listen:

Spitfire

People seem to neg-rep me for saying something funny. As if to let me know that I was criminally unaware of the fact that the post I'd commented on was RLY SRS BSNS.

When I actually have more of a point, I'm far more likely to get one of those "I don't really appreciate what you said, so I'll express mild disapproval but look at me I'm pos-repping you instead of neg-repping you because I'M SO AMAZINGLY MAGNANIMOUS and yes I really am that wonderful" pos-reppings. :p

Quotation marks denote summary of the subtext, not quotation of actual words, of course. :p

Timotheos

Who. When. Why.

I don't understand neg repping. Why should I care if I get neg repped? It is usually done to me because the person who negs me doesn't understand what the Bible says. How does that hurt me? Will I be banned from TOL (heaven forbid, my that would be awful! Sarcasm) if I get too many neg reps?

I think the only time I use neg reps, is when some moron calls me retarded. But I think this is the forum that asks you to spread reps around before giving it to resurrected again. So it isn't very effective.
I'm using the "Report Post" feature more and more. Who has time to sit at the computer and read ignorant insults?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't normally neg rep anyone. I just get irritated when I see someone whining about how many neg reps she or he has and how neg repping is not Christian behavior.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Meshackles being kept by the military should know the US military slogan.

"We hit where we can, when we can and as hard as we can"

rexlunae

My main targets are misogyny, racism, homophobia, and abusive ad hominem, especially toward people not present to defend themselves. I try to avoid responding in kind to neg reps given to me because I feel that it cheapens mine and strengthens theirs. I prefer to treat unwarranted neg reps with complete contempt and disregard, which is, so far, all of them. If anyone actually did raise a fair and legitimate complaint in a neg rep, I would like to think that I would try to address it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My main targets are misogyny, racism, homophobia, and abusive ad hominem
But other than aCW, who do you neg rep? :plain:

I try to avoid responding in kind to neg reps given to me because I feel that it cheapens mine and strengthens theirs.
I also neg rep people who indirectly criticize my neg repping policy. :mmph: :eek:

I prefer to treat unwarranted neg reps with complete contempt and disregard, which is, so far, all of them. If anyone actually did raise a fair and legitimate complaint in a neg rep, I would like to think that I would try to address it.
Like that's going to happen...but I appreciate the principle.

Given that, have you ever felt obliged to offer an apology for something you wrote about or to someone you felt justified in disliking?

Status
Not open for further replies.