The Personal Side of the Homosexual Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
We all know the theological/ scriptural reasons why homosexuality is sinful; it would be repetitious to start another thread on that topic from that perspective.

What about your own personal feelings?

For me, the idea of same sex attractions seems only understandable in the abstract. I mean to say, I always liked women as friends, share many same interests, but sexual attraction seems hard to comprehend. It feels naturally repulsive, not the fondness, but the physical encounter. I see no way anyone can socially condition me to have the same feeling towards women as I have, since about age 12, for boys/men.

I do not think it can be indoctrinated anymore than I could be trained to bay at the moon?

When I was young, homosexuals were called queer, which means odd, or abnormal, funny-odd. The British called them faggots, and cigarettes fags; later, faggot was the more familiar term in the USA, as well, more derogatory.

I cannot believe that this odd nature is not caused by a genetic, or abnormal biological components.

My reason for posting this is because I feel drowned out by the extremes of other posts on this topic, or it is well discussed as a religious topic.

I post this here so anyone may respond with their persona; view. Let’s leave the obvious religious aspect for a thread aimed at that frame of discussion. I also ask to leave the hard hateful responses to be left in he long-standing thread.

How you personally feel about homosexuality?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
We all know the theological/ scriptural reasons why homosexuality is sinful; it would be repetitious to start another thread on that topic from that perspective.

For me, the idea of same sex attractions seems only understandable in the abstract. I mean to say, I always liked women as friends, share many same interests, but sexual attraction seems hard to comprehend. It feels naturally repulsive, not the fondness, but the physical encounter. I see no way anyone can socially condition me to have the same feeling towards women as I have, since about age 12, for boys/men.

I do not think it can be indoctrinated anymore than I could be trained to bay at the moon?

When I was young, homosexuals were called queer, which means odd, or abnormal, funny-odd. The British called them faggots, and cigarettes fags; later, faggot was the more familiar term in the USA, as well, more derogatory.

I cannot believe that this odd nature is not caused by a genetic, or abnormal biological components.

My reason for posting this is because I feel drowned out by the extremes of other posts on this topic, or it is well discussed as a religious topic.

I post this here so anyone may respond with their persona; view. Let’s leave the obvious religious aspect for a thread aimed at that frame of discussion. I also ask to leave the hard hateful responses to be left in he long-standing thread.

I believe it is an ultimate judgement from God against an unbelieving humanity.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I believe it is an ultimate judgement from God against an unbelieving humanity.

Too religious. Start your own thread under religion if your response is limited to religion.

What feelings do you, as a person, have about homosexuality?
That is the topic.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Too religious. Start your own thread under religion if your response is limited to religion.

What feelings do you, as a person, have about homosexuality?
That is the topic.

I am a Christian person. My opinions will reflect that; in fact, I cannot hide my faithful/scriptural opinions.

If you want to post non-religious tripe, why do you choose a Theology site?

glorydaz

Take a little kid and sexually abuse them, and you'll have your answer. I'm closely affiliated with a residential treatment center for such kids and, to them, such deviant behavior is "normal".

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I am a Christian person. My opinions will reflect that; in fact, I cannot hide my faithful/scriptural opinions.

If you want to post non-religious tripe, why do you choose a Theology site?

This forum is not specifically religious, it is also unnecessary to call it tripe. That is why I did not post it under religion.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Take a little kid and sexually abuse them, and you'll have your answer. I'm closely affiliated with a residential treatment center for such kids and, to them, such deviant behavior is "normal".

I have been fairly close to those with this point, in criminal justice, forensic psychology.

I do not see, however, regardless of how much brutality I may have been exposed to, under such conditions, I would become physically excited by another women?

I do agree, under such conditions I may be a criminal, a killer, but to be changed to find women a sexual attraction, impossible.

Maybe I am so heterosexual, I am beyond the perception of a norm? That is the purpose of the thread. I do see some, where it may be possible, but, from my perspective, not a totally heterosexual person?

glorydaz

I have been fairly close to those with this point, in criminal justice, forensic psychology.

I do not see, however, regardless of how much brutality I may have been exposed to, under such conditions, I would become physically excited by another women?

I do agree, under such conditions I may be a criminal, a killer, but to be changed to find women a sexual attraction, impossible.

Maybe I am so heterosexual, I am beyond the perception of a norm? That is the purpose of the thread. I do see some, where it may be possible, but, from my perspective, not a totally heterosexual person?

Well, I lean toward thinking physical "excitement" is something that is easily faked....fake it til you make it. It's amazing how we can convince ourselves something is good in order to make ourselves feel good about ourselves. It's a survival mechanism for many folks, don't you think?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

What about your own personal feelings...
Sounds like we're on the same page. I don't understand the attraction and I suspect at least a goodly bit of it is biologically determined. But then, so are a lot of things that are bad for us one way or another. Our choices remain our choices and the consequence for them sits with us. I know that's not contrary to your notion either, but I wanted to say something more than "ditto".

:)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
More of a 'taste' thing....I've not the palette for it, so to speak.

Oh no, big difference from me here! It is no matter of taste, it is a matter of the strongest human urge I have, being a sexual person, being attracted to a man.

Turn it around and it feels disgusting! I am so glad most men find in a woman with I find in a man, or life would be only a means to an end, no love, no family.

Easting is a matter of taste, I like beef better than chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.