The Personal Side of the Homosexual Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luke 18:9-14
9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Thank you Solas. I don't need a pastor anymore, your copy and pastes (taking Scripture out of context) is all I need.

Same time, same thread next Sunday?

The 5 solas

Thank you Solas. I don't need a pastor anymore, your copy and pastes (taking Scripture out of context) is all I need.

Same time, same thread next Sunday?

You need Jesus from what I can see....and that Scripture is perfectly applied to you.

I copy and paste the Scriptures that I quote so there is no excuse to not read them. I sure hope you availed yourself of it.

I doubt you will have much dealing with me on here. As I am female, straight and do not get into the homo bashing threads that you seem to bask in.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
ACW, It is somewhat confusing, as the real predators deny being homosexual. .
Some I would say are a class of homosexual, as they are sadists, who humiliate, and some go back to women, exclusively

We received parole reports, which is where you get the full story, inside and outside.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I doubt you will have much dealing with me on here. As I am female, straight and do not get into the homo bashing threads that you seem to bask in.

I get the feeling that if I were to go into one of the many threads where homosexuality is defended, I would see plenty of you T5s.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
ACW, It is somewhat confusing, as the real predators deny being homosexual.

We see a lot of that here on TOL (denial).

Some I would say are a class of homosexual, as they are sadists, who humiliate, and some go back to women, exclusively

We received parole reports, which is where you get the full story, inside and outside.

Sadomasochism is a big part of the homosexual lifestyle. Like you said, we'd have to know the full story to thoroughly understand what goes through their minds and hence what has caused such sickening behavior.

Thanks.

csuguy

I believe people's sexuality is more in their control than they think. Most of us are happy with whatever our choice is and don't think much about it - especially when your religion/culture is unacceptable of alternate, unnatural choices. I certainly would never give homosexuality the time of day.

However, I've known many bi-sexuals who have gone back and forth. The existence of Bi-sexuals demonstrates that we do, in fact, have a choice in this matter. For those who don't experience the social/religious/moral conflict with regards different sexual orientations - they feel free to experiment.

Arthur Brain

I appreciate the information. When I reopen my thread (I had to close it because the boyz were getting all worked up talking about men in uniforms), I might have to call on you to tell some stories, as I'll be talking about homosexual violence.

Actually the only talk of men in uniforms was regarding you and the likelihood that you never wore a cops outfit at all...something that most are in agreement on. The thought of you being an 'officer of the law' would be enough to give any criminal cause for celebration...

:plain:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually the only talk of men in uniforms was regarding you and the likelihood that you never wore a cops outfit at all...something that most are in agreement on. The thought of you being an 'officer of the law' would be enough to give any criminal cause for celebration...

:plain:

I suppose I could have joined in on the fun and told some war stories, but then you boyz would have gone all crazy thinking about the homosexual national pastime:

Public restroom toilet stall hopping.

On that note:

It's been an experience as usual Art.

The 5 solas

I get the feeling that if I were to go into one of the many threads where homosexuality is defended, I would see plenty of you T5s.

Hmm let's think about that.

I am a business owner so I have participated a little in, The Eradication of Christian Rights, thread. I do not believe we should be forced to accept contracts or jobs which go against our consciences.

I posted in the RIP Archie thread, where I said I was sad to see that happen to something which has been around since childhood and is now used as a tool to promote immorality.

Then just this last one which was a request for personal thoughts.

I actually choose to not even read most of those bashing threads. They are filled with hate and not uplifting in any manner.

Arthur Brain

I suppose I could have joined in on the fun and told some war stories, but then you boyz would have gone all crazy thinking about the homosexual national pastime:

Public restroom toilet stall hopping.

On that note:

It's been an experience as usual Art.

Hmm, I'll bet those war stories would have been just riiiiiiveting Connie...

Seeing as we're all straight on that blog thread of yours there was no need to worry...

And hey, it's always an experience listening to you...:cloud9:

:e4e:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Hmm let's think about that.

I am a business owner so I have participated a little in, The Eradication of Christian Rights, thread. I do not believe we should be forced to accept contracts or jobs which go against our consciences.

But you are forced. How's the decriminalization of homosexuality and the agenda that goes along with it working out for you Christian business owners?

Arthur Brain

I believe people's sexuality is more in their control than they think. Most of us are happy with whatever our choice is and don't think much about it - especially when your religion/culture is unacceptable of alternate, unnatural choices. I certainly would never give homosexuality the time of day.

However, I've known many bi-sexuals who have gone back and forth. The existence of Bi-sexuals demonstrates that we do, in fact, have a choice in this matter. For those who don't experience the social/religious/moral conflict with regards different sexual orientations - they feel free to experiment.

Well, I'd have to differ even if simply from a purely personal perspective. I didn't 'choose' to be heterosexual. I simply am and there's no way I could make a conscious decision to be attracted to either both sexes or exclusively men. It's not in my control. It may not be that way for everyone but in my experience most admit to having no choice on a latent attraction - including bisexuals.

The 5 solas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

But you are forced. How's the decriminalization of homosexuality and the agenda that goes along with it working out for you Christian business owners?

That is the beauty of it. I have homosexual clients I most happily serve and who know I am a Christian. Their sexual orientation does not make them a less worthy patron to me...same as the slanderers, proud, self righteous, adulterers, drunks, liars, any manner of sinner.

The nature of my business allows me the freedom to do commerce without going against my conscience. If there ever comes the time, I will be sure to be wise in my dealings. I will not promote what I consider immoral lifestyles with my business, homosexual or otherwise. One day I might have to make the choice for my business or my God...I pray for the grace to make the right decision and not compromise my testimony for the sake of business.

Quincy

I once tried my hand working at a call center and this place allowed same sex partners to be included with employee benefits. There were a lot of homosexuals working there and I have to say it was quite entertaining. There were so many hand gestures, lisps and so much sass I burst out laughing quite frequently. Maybe that's bad of me to find some homosexuals entertaining in that way, but I did.

Some of the smartest and most reasonable (and spiritual) people I've known have also been homosexuals, as well as a few family members. It doesn't seem different to me at all but that is probably because I don't think of them having sexual exploits. I don't think of anyone's sexual exploits. I think people that hear the word homosexual or heterosexual who immediately start imagining those sex acts...... to be weird.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

This is very insightful. I never thought as to how much it may be in my control. I do know the same sex idea seems meaningless, not erotic and I see the heterosexual as the accepted view.

I do not know, well, i really do not believe i have a choice, or if you contend so, then it would be well repressed by healthy repression.

On bisexuality, all i know is some I have hear of, a friend of a friend, had some goings on, and if memory serves me, it was a woman, which counters my first stance.

I think this was the picture; she was divorced, was not well sought by men, took to sharing her home and then admitted to the relationship being more than what seemed on the surface.

She did have conflict over her religious beliefs, while the other did not, and left. last i heard she lived alone. This was around 1990, in The Woodlands, Texas.

All i can say is that would not be an option for me.

noguru

I once tried my hand working at a call center and this place allowed same sex partners to be included with employee benefits. There were a lot of homosexuals working there and I have to say it was quite entertaining. There were so many hand gestures, lisps and so much sass I burst out laughing quite frequently. Maybe that's bad of me to find some homosexuals entertaining in that way, but I did.

Some of the smartest and most reasonable (and spiritual) people I've known have also been homosexuals, as well as a few family members. It doesn't seem different to me at all but that is probably because I don't think of them having sexual exploits. I don't think of anyone's sexual exploits. I think people that hear the word homosexual or heterosexual who immediately start imagining those sex acts...... to be weird.

Ssshhhh. Don't tell ACW that his obsessive fixation on other peoples sexual exploits is weird, he thinks such a mentality is quite reasonable and healthy.

noguru

This is very insightful. I never thought as to how much it may be in my control. I do know the same sex idea seems meaningless, not erotic and I see the heterosexual as the accepted view.

I do not know, well, i really do not believe i have a choice, or if you contend so, then it would be well repressed by healthy repression.

On bisexuality, all i know is some I have hear of, a friend of a friend, had some goings on, and if memory serves me, it was a woman, which counters my first stance.

I think this was the picture; she was divorced, was not well sought by men, took to sharing her home and then admitted to the relationship being more than what seemed on the surface.

She did have conflict over her religious beliefs, while the other did not, and left. last i heard she lived alone. This was around 1990, in The Woodlands, Texas.

All i can say is that would not be an option for me.

I do not think I really have a choice to be sexually attracted to anything other than the female gender. However, I think sexual confusion can some lead people to become comfortable with things that clarity would have helped them avoid.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I do not think I really have a choice to be sexually attracted to anything other than the female gender. However, I think sexual confusion can some lead people to become comfortable with things that clarity would have helped them avoid.

I agree, but regarding sexual confusion; wouldn't it be so basic? I think our bodies are so well designed for heterosexuality that any else would be a physical anomaly, and from this, a serious mental illness.

I remember when this was removed as a disorder. I did not agree and still do not agree.

noguru

I agree, but regarding sexual confusion; wouldn't it be so basic? I think our bodies are so well designed for heterosexuality that any else would be a physical anomaly, and from this, a serious mental illness.

I remember when this was removed as a disorder. I did not agree and still do not agree.

When I was adolescent I use to get an erection from riding a bus. I think it was the vibrations or something. I am thinking that if that could happen to me, and you take a more confused mind, they might not realize that physical reaction alone that might seem like romantic arousal is not the same as it coming from the depths of one's soul.

csuguy

Well, I'd have to differ even if simply from a purely personal perspective. I didn't 'choose' to be heterosexual. I simply am and there's no way I could make a conscious decision to be attracted to either both sexes or exclusively men. It's not in my control. It may not be that way for everyone but in my experience most admit to having no choice on a latent attraction - including bisexuals.

I agree that the specific traits we maybe attracted to are usually not conscious decisions, these are usually picked up subconciously - but would argue that they can be challenged by the conscious mind.

Heterosexual is the natural choice, obviously. But the existence of bi and homosexuals demonstrates that the natural choice doesn't win out in those who are willing to go against nature.

I can only guess as to how one might go from a heterosexual to a homosexual - being a straight virgin myself - but I suggest that it starts with a change in perspective on sex. If you engage in sex purely for pleasure, without commitment, then that opens the door to experimentation. You probably don't jump into homosexual relations immediately - but do group sex and such that slowly brings other men into your sex life until finally you venture to crossing the line into doing sexual acts with other men.

Like with drugs, I believe there are gateway activities that lead to ever more deprived sexual activities. It is a matter of the conscious becoming comfortable with things that it once outright rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.