Redskins

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Use of word ni66er for clarity] "It isn't about can't, but about won't."
I won't be told which words I can use and which words I can't use by the thought police.
images
The owner of the Redskins says he's not a racist. I believe him. He need not bow to the hysterical Left. :sozo2:

"f our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that's worse (General Casey)."

"I grew up around many of the sort..."
The sort :idunno: those people

"No, I was brought up by good people and taught the difference between what one might do and what one should do."
Tyrants aren't good people.

"Speaking of, I'm obliged to report your repeated skirting of that machinery and I'll be editing out the offending word here."
:Whipsnap: That's a given. :dizzy: SerpentDuh made me envision that word. :allsmile: I bet you'd be tougher
character0013.gif
if you had red skin. :think:

"No, I'll take hard facts..."
We are one race--the human race (Ac 17:26).

See:

Darwin’s Plantation: Evolution’s Racist Roots by Dr. Charles Ware, and Ken Ham

"...over people trying to twist some subjective magic to their own purposes."
It's called freedom of speech. :listen: It's an American value (Jn 8:36).
smiley-with-us-flag.gif

"No, it's a study, your juvenile response to it notwithstanding..."
Only juveniles and Leftists :Commie: believe studies :freak: over common sense (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :hammer:

"But I didn't expect reason where none exists..."
:yawn: Ad hominem

"We are the least racist nation on the planet." ~ Dennis Prager

Indian Outlaw ~ Tim McGraw

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...The owner of the Redskins says he's not a racist. I believe him.
So do I. That was never the issue.

He need not bow to the hysterical Left. :sozo2:
He's not being asked to. He's being urged to do what someone who means to honor and instead insults a people should do if he means what he says. And you credited him with honesty.

...Tyrants aren't good people.
Neither are bigots or people who are indistinguishable from them in their rhetoric.

...We are one race--the human race.
That further divides into ethnicities, just as we are all Americans with a political opinion but I doubt you'd say that makes you a liberal.

It's called freedom of speech.
No one is arguing against freedom of speech. You can call your mother a foul name if you like. That's your right, but when you do it names you to those looking on.

Or, again, there's what you're free to do and what you should do.

Only juveniles and Leftists :Commie: believe studies
Only those in the wrong fear facts and only those who fear them try to paint them the way you do there. It also runs in kind with people comfortable reproducing that word you were so fearlessly free with behind your shield on anonymity.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Redskins owner] "He's being urged to do what someone who means to honor and instead insults a people..."
The name of his team insults no one who isn't easily offended. Victimhood is unattractive. :allsmile:

"...should do if he means what he says."
:Commie: If the Redskins play in
Dictator.gif
North Korea, sure. :idunno: But the Redskins play in American. :5020: He should keep the name because people love the team and people love America.
smiley-with-us-flag.gif

"...And you credited him with honesty."
If you believe he's dishonest, present proof. :peach: If you believe he's :yawn: a racist, present proof. :peach: Do you usually run around calling people you meet :yawn: dishonest :yawn: racists?

nwwq4yw245yw24.jpg

[...:Commie: Tyrants
Dictator.gif
aren't good people.] "Neither are bigots..."
:yawn: Answer to previous question yes. :scripto:

"...or people who are indistinguishable from them in their rhetoric."
:yawn:

"The Left has been good at name-calling since Stalin." ~ Dennis Prager

"...We are one race--the human race."
You removed the scripture from my quote (Eph 4:14, Jn 8:44, Jn 1:1, Isa 30:12). It is what you do. :Shimei:

See:

Darwin’s Plantation: Evolution’s Racist Roots by Dr. Charles Ware, and Ken Ham

"...That further divides into ethnicities..."
You divide. :sozo2: We unite (Ac 17:26, Ga 3:28). :straight:

"The Left will tell you, if you don't sympathize with some minority group, you don't know how racist you are." ~ Dennis Prager

"I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"...[J]ust as we are all Americans with a political opinion but I doubt you'd say that makes you a liberal."
Liberals aren't the problem. Leftists are (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie:

"No one is arguing against freedom of speech."
:Commie: You have argued for curtailing the owner's speech.
Dictator.gif

"You can call your mother a foul name if you like."
I don't run around Harlem :)listen: someone hasn't been to Harlem lately :dizzy:) calling individuals ni66er. I don't run around Home Depot calling day laborers spick. I don't go home for thanksgiving dinner calling my mother hoe. I don't talk that way. Why do you keep recommended that I do?

"That's your right..."
We have freedom of speech in our country (Jn 8:36). :5020: We are free to obey and act mannerly (1 Co 13:5).

"...but when you do it names you to those looking on."
:popcorn:

"Or, again, there's what you're free to do and what you should do."

"Only those in the wrong fear facts..."
:yawn: Proof please. :peach:

"...and only those who fear them..."

I fear spiders--and :Commie: tyrants
Dictator.gif
--not facts. :peach:

scaryspider.gif

"...try to paint them the way you do there."
nosok_05.gif

"...It also runs in kind with people comfortable reproducing that word you were so fearlessly free with behind your shield on anonymity."
My name is SerpentDove :skeptic: pleased to meet you. What's your name? Town Heretic? Nice (accurate, too :burnlib:).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The name of his team insults no one who isn't easily offended.
Not your call. Unless you're a Borg like collective of Native Americans. But I'm guessing you're not. :plain:

Victimhood is unattractive. :allsmile:
As is parading ignorance as though it was a virtue.

:Commie: If the Redskins play in North Korea, sure. :idunno: But the Redskins play in American. :5020: He should keep the name because people love the team and people love America.
So...you should only mean what you say and do what you mean if you live in North Korea...:plain:

If you believe he's dishonest, present proof.
I actually said I believe him. I was noting you said he was honest too. So both of us have reason to expect him to alter his course of action and do better.

:peach: If you believe he's :yawn: a racist, present proof. :peach: Do you usually run around calling people you meet :yawn: dishonest :yawn: racists?
I haven't called him a racist, though I noted some people who are easy with the n-word and aren't from the minority slurred by it aren't easily distinguished from them.

You removed the scripture from my quote ( It is what you do. :Shimei:
Yes. I always will when you try to wrap odious business in it. Just so.

We are one race--the human race.
I didn't disagree. But there are other distinctions and I noted the inherent problem with your attempt by applying it to the body politic. You're a voter, likely, but that doesn't make you a liberal.

You divide. :sozo2:
In the sense that distinguishing what's said from what's done can be said to divide the honest from the less so.

We unite. :straight:
So does the Klan, after a fashion. Just not everyone.

:Commie: You have argued for curtailing the owner's speech.
I never have. Not once.

I don't run around Harlem :)listen: someone hasn't been to Harlem lately :dizzy:) calling individuals ni66er.
I left it in this time, since you're obviously dying to use it as often as you can. Must be hard being you in this part of the century.

...I don't talk that way.
Not in public you don't. Not without this distance. Agreed.

Why do you keep recommended that I do?
I think it would be an education for you. And I think you badly need one.

We have freedom of speech in our country. :5020:
We do. I've never believed or written otherwise.

We are free to obey and act mannerly. [/qutoe]
If you were well mannered we'd hardly have anything to discuss at all on the point.

I fear spiders--and :Commie: tyrants --not facts. :peach:
A demonstrable lie given your aversion to statistically verifiable truth.

My name is SerpentDove :skeptic: pleased to meet you. What's your name? Town Heretic? Nice (accurate, too :burnlib:).
Only if you lack a real sense of irony...so I can understand your confusion, here and in the larger world that appears to frighten you.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[The name of his team insults no one who isn't easily offended. :allsmile:] "Not your call."
His call. He owns the team. He is free keep the name Redskins :straight: since 1. He lives in America :5020: and 2. He's not a wimp who bows to the hysterical Left. :Commie:

"Unless you're a Borg like collective of Native Americans. But I'm guessing you're not."
:yawn: You're projecting again. :noway: Leftists :sozo2: play identity politics. :Nineveh: We do not. :straight: We could care less if your skin is black, brown, yellow or purple (Ac 17:26).

e0urgosjdvjsothoregnlsdk;mglkdsg.jpg

[Victimhood is unattractive. :allsmile:] "Neither is parading ignorance as though it was a virtue."
:yawn: I am able :freak: to understand the issue (2 Ti 1:7). :5020: I disagree with you. :Commie:

[:Commie: If the Redskins play in North Korea, sure. :idunno: But the Redskins play in American. :5020: He should keep the name because people love the team and people love America.] "So...you should only mean what you say and do what you mean if you live in North Korea."
He said what he meant and meant what he said when he said he will not change the name. :plain: Good for him. He won't yield to the :sozo2: hysterical Left. :Commie:

braveheart-4222.gif

[If you believe :yawn: he's dishonest, present proof. :peach:] "I actually said I believe him. I was noting you said he was honest too. So both of us have reason to expect him to alter his course of action and do better."
He honestly disagrees :sozo2: with you :Commie: (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :listen: He's allowed to (Jn 8:36). :straight:

[:peach: If you believe he's :yawn: a racist, present proof. :peach: Do you usually run around calling people you meet :yawn: dishonest :yawn: racists?] "I haven't called him a racist, though I noted some people who are easy with the n-word and aren't from the minority slurred by it aren't easily distinguished from them."
:yawn: You call those who value freedom of speech :5020: who permit themselves to use the term ni66er rather than the n-word :freak: for clarity sake racists? :idunno:

[You removed the scripture from my quote (Eph 4:14, Jn 8:44, Jn 1:1, Isa 30:12). It is what you do. :Shimei:] "You removed the scripture from my quote ( It is what you do."
You removed the scripture from my quote again (Eph 4:14, Jn 8:44, Jn 1:1, Isa 30:12). It is what you do again and again. :Shimei:

"Yes. I always will when you try to wrap odious business in it."
You are always unethical and presumably always will be. :idunno:

"We are one race--the human race."
You removed the scripture from my quote (Eph 4:14, Jn 8:44, Jn 1:1, Isa 30:12). It is what you do. :Shimei:

"I didn't disagree."
If you don't disagree, then why do you keep removing the scripture from the statement that provides biblical support for the argument :Shimei: that we are one race--the human race (Ac 17:26).

Butt monkey (Ingraham).
AddEmoticons12635.gif

"...[T]here are other distinctions..."
Their people. :idunno: Those people.

What kind of distinctions? Monkey distinctions? :Shimei: Do you believe that men came from monkeys and some monkeys are more special than other monkeys?

See:

Darwin’s Plantation: Evolution’s Racist Roots

"...and I noted the inherent problem with your attempt by applying it to the body politic. You're a voter, likely, but that doesn't make you a liberal."
I don't oppose liberals. I oppose Leftists (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie:

[You divide. :sozo2: We unite (Ac 17:26, Ga 3:28). :straight:] "In the sense that distinguishing what's said from what's done can be said to divide the honest from the less so."
:yawn: I honestly disagree with you (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie:

"We unite."

We unite (Ac 17:26, Ga 3:28). :straight:

"So does the Klan, after a fashion. Just not everyone."
:yawn: If you believe we are one race--the human race (Ac 17:26)--e pluribus unum--all that malarkey--you wear a pointy white hat at night. :idunno:

[:Commie: You have argued for curtailing the owner's speech.] "I never have. Not once."
Good, then you'll stop bothering him about his team. :thumb: Or, you'll boycott him like the media even refusing to say Redskins on television. :dizzy:
[I don't run around Harlem :)listen: someone hasn't been to Harlem lately :dizzy:) calling individuals ni66er.] "I left it in this time, since you're obviously dying to use it as often as you can."
Or your campaign to get me banned :banned: didn't work. :idunno:

"...Must be hard being you in this part of the century."
It is. :sigh: I'm always grateful when the day is over when I can sit back, relax and utter my favorite words ni66er ni66er ni66er that I've been withholding all day. My kitty and I put on our matching pointy white hats.

93ueyseigz;dhgsiueg.jpg

[ ...I don't talk that way.] "Not in public you don't. Not without this distance. Agreed."

Do you usually run around calling people you meet :yawn: dishonest :yawn: racists?

nwwq4yw245yw24.jpg

:yawn: Answer to previous question yes. :scripto:

[I don't run around Harlem calling individuals ni66er...Why do you keep recommended that I do?] "I think it would be an education for you. And I think you badly need one."
I'm going with what God has to teach me (1 Co 13:5). :poly: We don't call men ni66ers in Harlem because :listen: we don't want to. :straight: We don't refrain from calling men ni66ers
tiptoe.gif
because we are required to. :Commie: We willingly cease from using the term ni66er because our brother does not care for the term. :straight: We willingly cease from drinking alcohol because it may cause our brother to stumble (Ro 14:21).
drunk_walk-2125.gif
We stand in our freedom and give our rights :sozo2: away (Ga 5:1, Jn 13:34).

[We have freedom of speech in our country (Jn 8:36). :5020: We are free to obey and act mannerly (1 Co 13:5).] "If you were well mannered we'd hardly have anything to discuss at all on the point."
:poly: We stand (Jn 8:36). :straight: We don't yield to tyranny (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie:

[I fear spiders--and tyrants
Dictator.gif
--not facts. :peach:] "A demonstrable lie given your aversion to statistically verifiable truth."
I don't believe statistics over common sense. :hammer:

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics.” ~ James Payn

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
His call.
No, he doesn't get to decide who is offended either. He only gets to determine what he does or doesn't do about it and then we can reasonably infer what that says about his claims of intending to "honor" Native Americans.

He owns the team. He is free keep the name...
Of course he does and can. No one has suggested the contrary.

We could care less if your skin is black, brown, yellow or purple
We? Were you elected or are you hearing voices?

He said what he meant and meant what he said when he said he will not change the name.
There is a logical disconnect by suggesting he meant what he said in light of the actual information on hand concerning Native American reaction to its use by those outside of their common heritage. And no, I don't expect you to grapple with that.

:yawn: You call those who value freedom of speech :5020: who permit themselves to use the term [redacted use of the n-bomb] rather than the n-word :freak: for clarity sake racists? :BRAVO:
Rather, I noted that people who are easy with the term and outside of the race tend to have more issues on the subject than Ebony magazine.

...your campaign to get me banned :banned: didn't work. :idunno:
It was a formal objection to your practice. I didn't ask anyone to ban you.

It is. I'm always grateful when the day is over when I can sit back, relax and utter my favorite words [redacted repeated use of the n-bomb]that I've been withholding all day. My kitty and I put on our matching pointy white hats.
Because nothing is funnier than finding a context for repeatedly dropping the n-bomb in demonstration of your willingness to confuse freedom with virtue. It isn't. Virtue is found in how we use our freedom. As is ignorance and a willful indifference to any comfort but our own.

I don't believe statistic over common sense. :hammer:
Right, which is why a long, long time ago you'd have sided with the sun orbiting the earth crowd. And you're just as factually wrong now.

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics.” ~ James Payn
Rather, there are liars who misuse statistics, but never fool statisticians.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Redskins team owner, his call] "No, he doesn't get to decide who is offended either."
Leftists :Commie: make a career out of being offended (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :sozo2: Good luck with that. :mario:

"He only gets to determine what he does or doesn't do about it and then we can reasonably infer what that says about his claims of intending to "honor" Native Americans."
He has decided. Why are you still making an issue out of it? :Commie: He honors Native Americans just fine. They have red skin. They are tough. You want him to rename his team to the Washington Homos?
limpwrist.gif

[We could care less if your skin is black, brown, yellow or purple...] "We? Were you elected or are you hearing voices?"
We, Americans.
smiley-with-us-flag.gif
Our values are clear.

See:

The American Trinity by Dennis Prager

Were you born in our country? The doctor should have spanked you harder when you were born.

[He said what he meant and meant what he said when he said he will not change the name.] "There is a logical disconnect by suggesting he meant what he said in light of the actual information on hand concerning Native American reaction to its use by those outside of their common heritage. And no, I don't expect you to grapple with that."
:yawn: He has the information :freak:--and he disagrees with you (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie:

:yawn: I too understand what you are saying. :freak: I too disagree with you (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :sozo2:

"I noted that people who are easy with the term and outside of the race tend to have more issues on the subject than Ebony magazine."
:yawn: I noted that Leftists :Commie: cannot form a sentence without :yawn: an ad hominem attack.

nwwq4yw245yw24.jpg

[Use of term ni66er vs use term the n-word for clarity] "...Virtue is found in how we use our freedom."
I am free to use the term ni66er when we are discussing the cultural meaning of the term ni66er. You are free to tip-toe around the term
limpwrist.gif
term if you chose.
tiptoe.gif

"As is ignorance and a willful indifference to any comfort but our own."
:yawn: You believe speech codes should be enforced (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:20). :Commie: We do not (Jn 8:36). :straight:

[I don't believe statistics over common sense.] "Right, which is why a long, long time ago you'd have sided with the sun orbiting the earth crowd."
:yawn: Christians were never part of :freak: the flat earth crowd. :dizzy:

"The earth is round

Consider Isaiah 40:22 which mentions the “circle of the earth.” This description is certainly fitting—particularly when the earth is viewed from space; the earth always appears as a circle, since it is round.

Curiously, many astronomy textbooks credit Pythagoras (c. 570–500 B.C.) with being the first person to assert that the earth is round. However, Isaiah is generally acknowledged to have been written in the 700s B.C.

The secular astronomers before the time of Pythagoras must have thought the Bible was wrong about its teaching of a round earth, yet the Bible was exactly right.

The earth floats in space

A very interesting verse to consider is Job 26:7 which states that God “hangs the earth on nothing.” This verse expresses (in a poetic way) the fact that the earth is unsupported by any other object—something quite unnatural for ancient writers to imagine.

Indeed, the earth does float in space. We now have pictures of the earth taken from space that show it floating in the cosmic void..." Full text: Taking Back Astronomy

"And you're just as factually wrong now."

["There are lies, damned lies and statistics.” ~ James Payn] "Rather, there are liars who misuse statistics, but never fool statisticians."
:yawn: You believe studies over common sense. I believe common sense over studies.

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?" :Shimei: ~ Chico Marx, Duck Soup

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Leftists :Commie: make a career out of being offended.
Wouldn't know about that, but I do know that dishonest people have a habit of repeating specious charges.

He has decided. Why are you still making an issue out of it?
Actually I was and am far less concerned by his demonstrable hypocrisy than I am in communicating a simple, true response to it. If you find yourself doing a thing contrary to your intent you should stop doing that.

He honors Native Americans just fine.
Not according to them. No, he doesn't.

You want him to rename his team to the Washington Homos?
Because that's the option is it...:rolleyes: Else, I'd prefer him to be honest and consistent, whatever he believes. He's not being one of those.

Our values are clear.
Oh, I think they're getting clearer with you by the post. Congrats on going this far into this post without dropping the n-bomb though.

Were you born in our country?
:plain: Because?

The doctor should have spanked you harder when you were born.
I suspect he might have spanked the wrong end on you.

:yawn: He has the information :freak:--and he disagrees with you
He disagrees with having to stand behind his own words, to be sure. But he can't frame it in an argument any more than you can or do here.

:yawn: I noted that Leftists :Commie: cannot form a sentence without :yawn: an ad hominem attack.
I note your irony, not being a leftist or communist.

I am free to use the term ni66er when we are discussing the cultural meaning of the term ni66er.
You're free to be as needlessly ill mannered and offensive as you want to be.

:yawn: You believe speech codes should be enforced . :Commie: We do not. :straight:
I believe that rules, like laws, obligate us to behave within their constraints if we take the value associated with them and value personal honor. If you don't, just keep hammering at that envelope. Completely up to you.

:yawn: Christians were never part of :freak: the flat earth crowd. :dizzy:
No one said anything about a flat earth. I said your common sense would have had you believe the sun circled the earth.

Nothing in your response is actually a counter to that, unsurprisingly.

:yawn: You believe studies over common sense. I believe common sense over studies.
I believe the verifiable fact over desire, to be sure. That's why I've provided links to studies supporting my position and why you spend most of your time, apparently, on smilies and chasing arguments that aren't being made. :plain:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Leftists :Commie: make a career out of being offended."

Leftists :Commie: make a career out of being offended (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :sozo2:

"Wouldn't know about that..."
bag.gif
Lie of the day (Ingraham). Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10 :rolleyes:

"I do know that dishonest people have a habit of repeating specious charges."

[Owner of Redskins had decided. Is keeping name. Why are you still making an issue out of it?] "Actually I was and am far less concerned by his demonstrable hypocrisy..."
:yawn: What person doing right hasn't been called :yawn: a hypocrite? You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

You have many concerns (Lk 10:41). :Whipsnap: Why don't you fight real evil rather than being so preoccupied with being offended all of the time? :sozo2:

Do the Braves offend you, too?

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

"...[T]han I am in communicating a simple, true response to it."
You've communicated. Others understand you :freak: and disagree with you (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie:

"If you find yourself doing a thing contrary to your intent..."
:yawn: He's doing nothing contrary to his intent. He likes Native Americans just fine. If he were :yawn: a bigot or
kkk.gif
wore a white pointy hat at home when you cannot see him, :reals: he probably would not have purchased a team named the Redskins.

"...[Y]ou should stop doing that."
He has no problem with Native Americans, Asians, Martians. He does not pour :yawn: private racists thoughts :reals: into the benign term.

nwwq4yw245yw24.jpg

[He honors Native Americans just fine.] "Not according to them. No, he doesn't."
:yawn: Are you their chief?
character0013.gif
Plenty of Native Americans have no problem with a ball team named after them that honors their courage.

If they hated Indians, why would they name their team after them?

[You want him to rename his team to the Washington Homos?
limpwrist.gif
] "Because that's the option is it..."
Men choose names for their team to describe their own courage or abilities. They respected Indians and therefore named their team after them.

Who would name their team the St. Louis Sodomites, the Louisville Lemons or the Detroit Dandies?

"I'd prefer..."
He prefers something else :sozo2:--and he's got money to buy a ball team. :straight:

"...him to be honest and consistent, whatever he believes. He's not being one of those."
:yawn: He's honest. :yawn: He's consistent. He honestly is able to understand you :freak: and he consistently :Commie: disagrees with you (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :listen: He's allowed to. This is American--land of the free and the home of the brave.
smiley-with-us-flag.gif

"Congrats on going this far into this post without dropping the n-bomb though."
:yawn: It's hard :sigh: because I live to say ni66er, ni66er, ni66er each day. It's my reason for getting out of bed each day.

[Were you born in our country?] "Because?"
Because the doctor must have dropped you on your head (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie: You do not share our values (Jn 8:36). :straight: You need your own little island to rule and reign filled with all of your speech codes.
Dictator.gif
We just want you happy. :sozo2:

"He has the information :freak:--and he disagrees with you"

:yawn: He has the information :freak:--and he disagrees with you (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie:

"He disagrees with having to stand behind his own words..."
He is standing behind his own words. He has the spirit of the red man
character0013.gif
and the bear.
bear-267.gif

"[H]e can't frame it in an argument any more than you can..."
:yawn: I'm not a lawyer
shark.gif
who makes arguments for a living like you (1 Co 1:27). :skeptic:

[I am free to use the term ni66er when we are discussing the cultural meaning of the term ni66er.] "You're free to be as needlessly ill mannered and offensive as you want to be."
:yawn: I am neither ill-mannered nor offensive when I use a term to clarify what is being discussed. You're the chief
character0013.gif
and the self-appointed black leader
00001.gif
of our community. You're a busy guy (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :sozo2:

"You believe speech codes should be enforced . We do not."

:yawn: You believe speech codes should be enforced (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:20). :Commie: We do not (Jn 8:36). :straight:

"I believe that rules, like laws, obligate us to behave within their constraints if we take the value associated with them and value personal honor. If you don't, just keep hammering at that envelope. Completely up to you."
:yawn: Completely up to God. Laws come from God not man. We are free to speak because God said so (Jn 8:36). :straight:

"I believe the verifiable fact over desire, to be sure."
:yawn: We all have the same facts. :peach: Our interpretation of those facts makes for a worldview. :poly:

"That's why I've provided links to studies..."
Study away. Maybe one day God will have something to teach you (1 Co 1:25). :poly:

"...supporting my position..."
It's all about you (Ps. 73:6).

awe-5yijdglsfkaprwueryjoljseljg.jpg

"...and why you spend most of your time, apparently, on smilies..."
Ac 20:20 :skeptic:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:yawn: What person doing right hasn't been called :yawn: a hypocrite?
Mr. Snyder said he meant to honor Native Americans. A serious look at that by...I believe it was Stanford (it's linked a couple of times in previous posts) indicated that the opposite of his intention is actually occurring. So far as I know that hasn't impacted his decision to continue using the name.

He's absolutely entitled to do that, but he can't make the honor claim and hold that course. Or, he can, but if he does (and to the extent he already has) it's hypocritical.

You have many concerns. :Whipsnap: Why don't you fight real evil rather than being so preoccupied with being offended all of the time? :sozo2:
Noting Native Americans are offended has nothing to do with my personal response to the term, which I noted was historically favorable. I stated as much in this very thread. Until I became aware of the protests and claims I hadn't given it real thought or consideration. My impression of the Washington team was favorable and likewise their usage.

To the rest of your point, if you don't consider this worthy of the time I spend on it you shouldn't be here either. And it isn't an either/or.

You've communicated. Others understand you :freak: and disagree with you. :Commie:
Of course that's true. What is also true is that they haven't responded to my particular objection. Neither have you.

It's understandable. You'd be having to argue that because you mean to honor people you will continue to use a term that insults them when you use it. That's an irrational position on its face. So you attack liberals or try to move the goal posts, make it about something else. Free speech or who owns what, etc.

...He does not pour :yawn: private racists thoughts :reals: into the benign term.
It's not a benign term. One of the earliest references to it was in a law suit raised by a white man running for office who protested the application of the offensive term as an attempt to sabotage his character in the community. Further, even during the actual years when the Washington team began using it the Court, hearing expert evidence and answer, recognized the negative connotation attached to it in the popular culture. I linked to that as well.

If they hated Indians, why would they name their team after them?
I didn't say the original owners hated Native Americans. That's another goal post move.

Westerns were very popular and the image projected was fierce and savage, a great image for a football team trying to ignite the interest and imagination of a budding fan base. It wasn't malice, to my mind. It was a marketing move and a solid one that worked, right down to the white cheerleaders doing faux rain dances early on.

Men choose names for their team to describe their own courage or abilities. They respected Indians and therefore named their team after them.
You might as well suggest that "The Hogs" were an attempt to honor pigs, as were the snouts worn by fans of that day.

:yawn: I'm not a lawyer who makes arguments for a living like you. :skeptic:
You don't appear to be able to make one for any particular reason.

It's hard because I live to say ni66er, ni66er, ni66er each day. It's my reason for getting out of bed each day.
I only leave this in to set up:
:yawn: I am neither ill-mannered nor offensive when I use a term to clarify what is being discussed.
No one is confused by my using n-bomb or n-word instead of the racist's chosen epithet. So using it when you don't have to speaks to something in you that needs consideration.

It's all about you.
No, but that's all someone in your position is left with, I suppose.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Mr. Snyder said he meant to honor Native Americans. A serious look at that by...I believe it was Stanford (it's linked a couple of times in previous posts) indicated that the opposite of his intention is actually occurring..."
:yawn: By Leftists having :allsmile: a pity party (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie: Conservatives cope just fine (Jn 8:36). :straight:
"So far as I know that hasn't impacted his decision to continue using the name."
:yawn: If he changes his mind, :listen: you'll hear about it. He's got the money. He's got the team. :straight:

"I've got the teeth. I've got the eyes. Look out that window, I've got the car. I'm the lead singer. I'm the man."
handsome-cop-flexing-his-muscles.gif
~ Charlie Bodell, Peggy Sue Got Married

"He's absolutely entitled to do that..."
Dictator.gif
Would he have free speech :Commie: on :Shimei: your little island?
island_with_a_palm_tree.png

"...but he can't make the honor claim and hold that course."
:yawn: Supposedly being offended by the name calling of certain people groups does not make you honorable (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). It makes you a Leftist. :Commie: It makes you hysterical. :sozo2: It does not make you honorable (Jn 8:36). :straight: If you'd like to be seen as honorable, fight real evil.

"Or, he can, but if he does (and to the extent he already has) it's hypocritical."
:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

"Noting Native Americans are offended..."
The drunk Leftist Native Americans agree with you (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie: The sober conservative Native Americans :straight: wonder why you are pretending to feel their pain (Jn 8:36). They think you have the spirit of the dodo bird.
kiwi.gif

"...has nothing to do with my personal response to the term, which I noted was historically favorable."
Leftists of old
emoticon_old_hat.gif
agree with you (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10). :Commie:

"I stated as much in this very thread..."

"Until I became aware of the protests and claims..."

"I hadn't given it real thought or consideration..."

"My impression of the Washington team was favorable and likewise their usage."

"To the rest of your point, if you don't consider this worthy of the time I spend on it you shouldn't be here either."
:popcorn: The time is worth it (Eccl. 10:12–14).

[You've communicated. Others understand you :freak: and disagree with you. :Commie:] "Of course that's true. What is also true is that they haven't responded to my particular objection. Neither have you."
:yawn: The team owner has responded to his critics. :Commie: He has responded to their objections. :sozo2: He understands their position :freak: and he disagrees with them. :straight:

:yawn: I also understand your position :freak: and disagree with it. :Commie:

[The n-word vs ni66er] "You'd be having to argue that because you mean to honor people you will continue to use a term that insults them when you use it."
:yawn: I use terms which clarify what is being discussed.

"That's an irrational position on its face."
Does the n-word replace the term ni66er? Why do say the n-word? You are referring to the n-term ni66er.
faintingsmiley.gif

"It's not a benign term."
It's not. :mmph: We all know you are referring to the term ni66er.
gaah.gif

"One of the earliest references to it was in a law suit raised by a white man running for office who protested the application of the offensive term as an attempt to sabotage his character in the community."
"Obviously, the issue for the Left isn't aging white males; it is conservatives, whether they are young or old, white or nonwhite, male or female. If female aborigines were conservative, the Left would have a problem with female aborigines." ~ Dennis Prager

[Lawyers and argumentation] "You don't appear to be able to make one for any particular reason."
:yawn: 1 Co 1:27

"No one is confused by my using n-bomb or n-word instead of the racist's chosen epithet."
No one is confused by your term--they wonder if you are a vertebrate or an invertebrate--but they are not confused by your cowardly term.
gallery_298_17_2215.gif

"So using it when you don't have to speaks to something in you that needs consideration."
:yawn:

nwwq4yw245yw24.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...The drunk Leftist Native Americans agree with you
That would be you calling over sixty percent of Native Americans by that designation. But given your ease with the n-word it isn't very surprising.

Does the n-word replace the term ni66er?
Why do say the n-word? You are referring to the n-term ni66er.
I'm sorry for you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:yawn: I use the term ni66er not the n-word :freak: when discussing the word.
Thanks for clearing that up. I don't think the last dozen or so times really made that plain enough. :rolleyes:

...Does the n-word replace the term ni66er?
:yawn: It's hard :sigh: because I live to say ni66er, ni66er, ni66er each day. It's my reason for getting out of bed each day.
I am free to use the term ni66er when we are discussing the cultural meaning of the term ni66er.
I'm always grateful when the day is over when I can sit back, relax and utter my favorite words ni66er ni66er ni66er that I've been withholding all day. My kitty and I put on our matching pointy white hats.

And so on...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well if there's one thing you should know about:
:yawn: I use the term ni66er not the n-word :freak: when discussing the word.
...Does the n-word replace the term ni66er?
I'm always grateful when the day is over when I can sit back, relax and utter my favorite words ni66er ni66er ni66er that I've been withholding all day. My kitty and I put on our matching pointy white hats.

it wouldn't be that. :plain: