Are You a Misogynist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

Because Chrys felt it important to quiz us on whether or not we are "feminists" without giving his definition of what constitutes feminist behavior, this, "sister" question has been begging to be asked.
Definition: Showing hatred and distrust of women.

bybee

Well hang on a sec, we need some sort of definition before we can answer thi...oh, you gave one.

No.

:D

Right! And by that definition almost no one is a misogynist!
Yet there are :DK: who would keep women under the subjection of men.
Competition between the sexes has resulted in a whole lot of foolishness and in some instances outright harm to society in general.
Mind you, I celebrate our differences and believe we're meant to compliment one another.
I believe in equal opportunity for all.
However, to force businesses to consider employing women in positions for which they are less suited than men is foolish and often dangerous.
In political leadership women have shown that they can be just as stupid as men! Some women...and men...that is.

Arthur Brain

Yet there are :DK: who would keep women under the subjection of men.
Competition between the sexes has resulted in a whole lot of foolishness and in some instances outright harm to society in general.
Mind you, I celebrate our differences and believe we're meant to compliment one another.
I believe in equal opportunity for all.
However, to force businesses to consider employing women in positions for which they are less suited than men is foolish and often dangerous.
In political leadership women have shown that they can be just as stupid as men! Some women...and men...that is.

Completely agreed.

:cheers:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
bybee has called me a misogynist more than once
and
it makes we wonder how you go about determining that

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and

You hold different values depending on the gender of people. You value men FIRST and foremost and then pretend it is about the children when you speak of women.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are You a Misogynist?

no

and thank you for the opportunity to clear this up

Because Chrys felt it important to quiz us on whether or not we are "feminists" without giving his definition of what constitutes feminist behavior, this, "sister" question has been begging to be asked.

Your answer, Chrys, is not accurate, according to the threads and comments you post.

bybee

and

Perhaps, in my zeal to make a point, I have been over zealous in labeling some of your statements/beliefs as actually misogynistic...? Hmmmmmmm... then again, perhaps not!
A further question for you Chrys, if women are to be viewed as primarily baby incubators how then, in that light, ought men to be viewed? Perhaps as protectors, nurturers and sustainers of the incubators?
Or could it be that even men and women who for one reason or another are unable to bring children into the world also have value?
A life well and fully lived is the best witness one may give to one's child.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A further question for you Chrys, if women are to be viewed as primarily baby incubators how then,

I don't think that
and
you have no reason to believe that I do

thank you very much for letting me clear that up

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet there are who would keep women under the subjection of men.

And the priest shall put her under oath, and say to the woman, “If no man has lain with you, and if you have not gone astray to uncleanness while under your husband’s authority, be free from this bitter water that brings a curse.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think that

Your replies say you do. Otherwise, when people are speaking of marriage, you would stop claiming people marry *for the children*. Some do, others, not so much.

Are you currently married so you can produce more babies?

PureX

But that's like asking a bigot if he's a bigot. He will say he's not a bigot even though he is, because he doesn't believe he is. He thinks his bigotry is just a fair and reasonable assessment of reality.

shagster01

As the Republican argument usually goes on almost any other subject. . .

"It's what the founding fathers built this country on."

bybee

But that's like asking a bigot if he's a bigot. He will say he's not a bigot even though he is, because he doesn't believe he is. He thinks his bigotry is just a fair and reasonable assessment of reality.

That is a good point. However,
it may also hold up a mirror image that doesn't resonate well with our self image. In many people that is enough to give pause and stimulate some introspection.
Sometimes, we hold values through habit or conditioning. Often, upon reflection and sensible witnessing from respected others we are able to modify and or change our beliefs.
It is worth a try to show how counter productive some of our sacred cows have become.

PureX

That is a good point. However,
it may also hold up a mirror image that doesn't resonate well with our self image. In many people that is enough to give pause and stimulate some introspection.
Sometimes, we hold values through habit or conditioning. Often, upon reflection and sensible witnessing from respected others we are able to modify and or change our beliefs.
It is worth a try to show how counter productive some of our sacred cows have become.
Wow! You're quite the optimist, today! :chuckle:

My experience says that most of the time, people simply become more defensive instead of self-examining in the face of any kind of accusation. So I have become less and less inclined to stay and argue with them. I'll just say my piece and move on. Arguing with a fool just makes me another one of them.

bybee

Wow! You're quite the optimist, today! :chuckle:

My experience says that most of the time, people simply become more defensive instead of self-examining in the face of any kind of accusation. So I have become less and less inclined to stay and argue with them. I'll just say my piece and move on. Arguing with a fool just makes me another one of them.

Also true!
I am always, almost always, optimistic in the morning!
Having achieving the status of senior citizen I've learned some things.
Approach is everything. Asking a question is generally more rewarding than making an accusatory statement.

bybee

As the Republican argument usually goes on almost any other subject. . .

"It's what the founding fathers built this country on."

It is good to have a firm foundation.
However we are building on that foundation on a daily basis with the tools at hand to meet the necessities of the day.
Not necessarily "Carpe Diem" but close.

Status
Not open for further replies.