weekly weigh in

dreadknought

"How do you feel?" Tulipbee

I have a deteriating spine, the weight loss has improved my daily life.

Posted from the TOL App!

The Berean

This says, "If you move one more kilogram, you will regret it." :chuckle:

Shootscale_zps9286587f.jpg

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
:darwinsm:

somewhere i have a scale graduated in stones (british)

if i can unearth it, i'll see what i weigh in stones :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't they say we need antibiotics?
There are times when we do need them, but I really believe they are used far too often. People go to the doctor and the doctor feels like they are expected to do something, so they pass out meds!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Friendly tip: you can get to the point (with time and some experimentation) where you find your personal daily carb tolerance. Within that limit, you can splurge a bit. It can vary from 30 grams per day upwards of 100. My own hovers around 50-75/day, but I still do not let myself indulge with the bread machine, my special, infernal weakness.

Carbs are my crack! I'm thinking it's best just say no. I do pretty well with green peas, but even those are not on my diet right now.

The Berean

Carbs are my crack! I'm thinking it's best just say no. I do pretty well with green peas, but even those are not on my diet right now.

Me, too Delmar! :noid: I LOVE bread, all kinds of bread: white, sweet, sour, etc. You name it, I'll eat it. :chew:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are times when we do need them, but I really believe they are used far too often. People go to the doctor and the doctor feels like they are expected to do something, so they pass out meds!

How about probiotics? Is it bad too? Actually I was thinking about that instead of antibiotics. I get look alike words mix up sometimes.

staind.raindrop

How about probiotics? Is it bad too? Actually I was thinking about that instead of antibiotics. I get look alike words mix up sometimes.

Good probiotics are more important than excessively strict diets, though eating only garbage is counterproductive to their beneficial effects.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you going to post a picture showing your new self?
I commend you for this effort. Blessings.:up:

I would look for that by the end of summer. Probably some youtube action as well.

lifeisgood

Give me a filet mignon and a salad any day. However, I cannot have filet mignon all the time so I resort most of the time to sandwiches. So I am always looking for real 'healthy' breads that are delicious and low carb. I was searching the net yesterday and I saw these:

6 breads to look for:​
1. Joseph’s High Fiber Plus Pita Bread Pockets:These are 22 grams of total carbohydrates with 9 grams of dietary fiber, which brings you to a total of 13 grams of carbohydrates that will actually be digested and broken down into glucose! Not bad! And they actually taste good!
2. Joseph’s Low Carb Tortilla: This tortilla comes with 11 total carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber! Which brings your total carb count to 5 grams! Not bad at all! Considering the average flour tortilla comes with barely 1 gram of fiber, I’d say 6 grams is awesome.
3. Ezekiel Flax Sprouted Whole Grain Bread: This bread is packed with goodness, and will definitely give you far more than the average slice of overly processed white bread or whole wheat bread. With 14 total carbohydrates per slice, and 4 grams of fiber, you’ll get 100 grams of calories per slice. (They’ve also got one of the lowest carb/highest fiber pastas I’ve ever seen.)
4. Udi’s Gluten-Free Millet-Chia Bread: Usually gluten-free bread is twice as “carby” as normal breads. Two slices of Udi’s white sandwich bread only has 24 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of fiber, which leaves you with 19 grams of carbohydrates for 2 slices. Very impressive for a gluten-free bread. (Although, I really recommend using their white bread for french toast, for the sake of simplicity and traditional french toast taste.)
5. Sara Lee 45 Calories & Delightful 100% Multi-Grain: While this choice is probably the lowest in terms of quality nutrition and ingredients (because it doesn’t come with awesome ingredients like millet, flax, etc.), it is the lowest in calories and probably the most similar to your average piece of traditional toast. 2 slices will give you 18 total grams of carbohydrate and 5 grams of fiber, leaving you with 13 grams total. (There are several variations on this within Sara Lee, like standard white bread, if you prefer!)
6. Great Low-Carb Bread Company: Delicious! Soft and flavorful! These breads are super low carb with barely 1-3 grams of carbohydrate after subtracting the dietary fiber…even in the bagels! Hamburger buns, white bread, pumpernickel, a variety of bagels, and more…check it out!

Review here:
http://www.diabetesdaily.com/voices/2013/03/low-carb-bread-options/

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My next weigh in is tomorrow night. I had another good week and am predicting another 5-7 lb. loss.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seems like a short amount of time for that sort of competition.