weekly weigh in

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I can't see myself sticking with an Adkins style low carb diet forever. It limits even vegetables too much, but I can see never going back to bread potatoes and pasta.

Some guys who obsessed by staying in incredible shape on into mid life just separate carbs from protein. They still eat the carbs but not at the same time. It's weird.

But it's good to see your commitment cause it makes me want to do the same.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can't see myself sticking with an Adkins style low carb diet forever. It limits even vegetables too much, but I can see never going back to bread potatoes and pasta.

What he wants (wanted) you to do is, after you reach the target weight, you add the carbs back in. The fruit and vegetables, even some grains until you find your equilibrium of how much you can consume and maintain. I read one of his books, he was big on berries.

staind.raindrop

Diet and activity wouldn't be so dominant to weight loss if the ratio of good and bad bacteria in our guts wasn't spastic. Keybiotics, yo.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Diet and activity wouldn't be so dominant to weight loss if the ratio of good and bad bacteria in our guts wasn't spastic. Keybiotics, yo.

Seems to be a brand name of probiotics. I do believe in beneficial bacteria and try to avoid antibiotics as much as possible.

JosephR

Seems to be a brand name of probiotics. I do believe in beneficial bacteria and try to avoid antibiotics as much as possible.

hehe,at least we do recognize it is a chemical warfare going on..

good luck and science and research is your artillery.

I hope you keep us posted with what works and so on..

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Don't they say we need antibiotics?

There are too many conflicted information. I don't know what to believe.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Don't they say we need antibiotics?

The Qi/energy fields deflect viruses and bacteria the body doesn't need. Like the snake bite didn't effect one of the disciples or gravity didn’t apply to Peter walking on water.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It is obvious from your posts. Try believing the Bible first. Before the flood, God said to eat a vegetarian diet. After the flood, he said the opposite. Which would you follow and why? They are instructions from God which are in contention with each other.

3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.

Anyway, studies on people have different results that studies on cows, rabbits, and lab rats.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/04...althy-lower-quality-of-life-than-meat-eaters/

A new study from the Medical University of Graz in Austria finds that vegetarians are more physically active, drink less alcohol and smoke less tobacco than those who consume meat in their diets.....But the vegetarian diet — characterized by a low consumption of saturated fats and cholesterol that includes increased intake of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain products — carries elevated risks of cancer, allergies and mental health disorders.

Vegetarians were twice as likely to have allergies, a 50 percent increase in heart attacks and a 50 percent increase in incidences of cancer.​

Butter and whole milk are two of the best things you can consume. The moral of the story? Those that smoke less tobacco are less healthy.

:smokie:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Qi/energy fields deflect viruses and bacteria the body doesn't need. Like the snake bite didn't effect one of the disciples or gravity didn’t apply to Peter walking on water.

So you are talking about the miracle now.

musterion

Been low carb for several years now. Went from borderline pre-diabetic (I get that from my dad) with horrible blood numbers, to both perfectly fine due to cutting carbs, moderating protein and jacking saturated fat way high. My doc didn't want to believe it but her own numbers don't lie.

I'm 5'10 and have gone from 180+ with a 37 waist at my fattest (with a medium frame, that's just too big) to 154 and a loose 32, almost a 30, a size I haven't seen since I was 23. Low carb/high fat FTW, but your mileage may vary.

PS

And I don't exercise.

musterion

They are my main triggers to over eat! Mac and cheese, pizza, potatoes and gravy! I have not had starchy foods of any kind since the second week of January. My goal is to get off that stuff for life and get all my carbs from green vegetables, sprouts and some fruit.

Friendly tip: you can get to the point (with time and some experimentation) where you find your personal daily carb tolerance. Within that limit, you can splurge a bit. It can vary from 30 grams per day upwards of 100. My own hovers around 50-75/day, but I still do not let myself indulge with the bread machine, my special, infernal weakness.

dreadknought

Hmmm. Ive lost over 130 lbs over the last year or so, from well over 300 lbs to this winter weight.... 40 more to go by June.

Posted from the TOL App!

staind.raindrop

Friendly tip: you can get to the point (with time and some experimentation) where you find your personal daily carb tolerance. Within that limit, you can splurge a bit. It can vary from 30 grams per day upwards of 100. My own hovers around 50-75/day, but I still do not let myself indulge with the bread machine, my special, infernal weakness.

I won't eat bread with refined flour, no matter what flavor. If I eat bread from a loaf, it's 100% whole wheat for more than one reason. It isn't refined flour so it doesn't spike your blood sugar the same way and it isn't fortified with chemical equivalents to nutrients. Most specifically, it doesn't contain any Folic Acid, which is the synthetic version of the natural nutrient Folate found in a lot of vegetation. It's a nutrient that is crucial in cell function, so it's one that's required to be replaced after the refining of the flour strips off all signs of life and they lie to us by saying the chemical is identical to the real thing. I made the mistake of taking straight Folic Acid three times when I was in my first trimester with Emily. I was doubled over with stomach pain the first and couldn't keep anything down either day the second and third, so I quit taking that particular supplement. I thought it might be morning sickness at first, but I hadn't experienced it before taking them and was never sick again after I stopped, so I know it was the pills. It's being shown to be dangerous in studies now and that doesn't surprise me one bit after that experience.