weekly weigh in

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I had my weigh in tonight. I only lost another 3 pounds this week Still 22 pounds in 26 days is not too shabby.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I bet your clothes are shabby...I mean loose...I mean....well I dint mean shabby as in shabby...

I'm talkin' fast

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Are you just recording that as your current weight as a reference for your next weigh in?

Well, I broke my leg and back in 2011 so I can't get into exercise too much. I'm hoping a sugar free diet will help but I've been eating sugar again.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
WOW, CONGRATS EVERYONE!!

we don't know you, but we are very proud of you
and what you are doing for yourself and all of those
who get to witness your amazing transformation.
the discipline that this takes is so very challenging.

when we respect the precious gift that houses the Spirit,
then we are honoring the fact that the body is a holy temple.

making the decision to tackle a healthy-lifestyle can
only bring joy and rewards beyond belief.

Indeed:)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i love carbs

bagels, fresh bread, rolls.... :(

Well, I broke my leg and back in 2011 so I can't get into exercise too much. I'm hoping a sugar free diet will help but I've been eating sugar again.

Complex carbohydrates or simple ones (grains vs sugar) isn't exactly important. The simple sugar just does it faster.

Anyway....

Excess carbohydrate [more than 4-5 ounces] prevents the body from burning fat and increases stored body fat. Textbook of Medical Physiology, pgs 871, 936; Basic Medical Biochemistry - A Clinical Approach, pgs 24,

Humans can’t utilize fructose [sugar] from more than 2 pieces of fruit
at a time. Basic Medical Biochemistry - A Clinical Approach, pg. 404.

Carbohydrates cause insulin levels to reach 10-15 times normal and
stay elevated for 2-3 hours. Textbook of Medical Physiology, pg. 977.

Eating carbohydrate SLOWS METABOLISM; fat and protein digestion
increase metabolism. Textbook of Medical Physiology, pg. 908.

Adipose tissue [fat] is stored ONLY when eating carbohydrates. Basic
Medical Biochemistry - A Clinical Approach, pg. 510.

The author of this report didn't want you to think he had an agenda. He is just showing you human chemistry, which is not the chemistry of a lab rat. Or cow. Or rabbit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And yes, Dr Atkins' famous diet, the induction phase, is really hard to do. McD's french fries are awesome. Especially right out of the frier with the right amount of salt.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am 5'8" and weighed 114 when I joined TOL. TOL is evidently fattening because I now am 122. :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only if he has gotten rid of his excess storage.
I do want to get back to the pound a day pace for a few more weeks. I have money riding on it! I entered a 6 week local weight loss challenge and the first three places get paid!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And yes, Dr Atkins' famous diet, the induction phase, is really hard to do. McD's french fries are awesome. Especially right out of the frier with the right amount of salt.
Mac and cheese is harder for me to say no to than fries.The shakes I am doing are not "Atkins diet" kind of low carb, especially when I blend in a handful of berries, but I am getting a lot less carbs than I was. Staying away from the vending machine at work is a biggie!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Mac and cheese is harder for me to say no to than fries.The shakes I am doing are not "Atkins diet" kind of low carb, especially when I blend in a handful of berries, but I am getting a lot less carbs than I was. Staying away from the vending machine at work is a biggie!

Belly fat cure works. But it's tuff. You are only aloud 15 grams of sugar each day. If you drink a jambs juice drink thinking its healthy you are ruining fat loss. 75 grams of sugar in one smoothie, that's already a weeks worth. It's not fat that causes the body to store fat it's sugar. Breads, noodles, potatoes turn into sugar too quickly because they lack the fiber to slow down the digestion.

A bowl of ice cream is less fattening than a fast food hamburger bun because there is fat in the ice cream and it takes longer to digest it vs the bun.

I dropped down to 215 with no exercise by cutting off sugars cold turkey. There wasn't any calorie counting either. Just a look at how much sugar is in different products.
A cup of milk has about 15 grams of sugar in it.

Good luck bro you can do it!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Belly fat cure works. But it's tuff. You are only aloud 15 grams of sugar each day. If you drink a jambs juice drink thinking its healthy you are ruining fat loss. 75 grams of sugar in one smoothie, that's already a weeks worth. It's not fat that causes the body to store fat it's sugar. Breads, noodles, potatoes turn into sugar too quickly because they lack the fiber to slow down the digestion.
This morning I added about 1/2 cup of blueberries which is about 6 grams of sugar. My shake mix has 9 grams.

A bowl of ice cream is less fattening than a fast food hamburger bun because there is fat in the ice cream and it takes longer to digest it vs the bun.

I dropped down to 215 with no exercise by cutting off sugars cold turkey. There wasn't any calorie counting either. Just a look at how much sugar is in different products.
A cup of milk has about 15 grams of sugar in it.

Good luck bro you can do it!
I cut out the milk as well. Instead I add a couple tablespoons of ground flax seed to water and blend. The recipe for flax milk is to strain out the solids, but I leave all the fiber in.

4wings

the mind-set it takes to take control of your life
is truly a Spiritual experience.

it's a wonderful feeling, sort of like crossing a bridge
into new territory and besides that, you can say to
yourself with all honesty, 'I can do this' and if I have
the discipline to do this, I can do so many other
new and exciting things!........

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I'm on a bigu diet. Sometimes it's called pigu diet. In English, it's a no grain diet. No dairy, no meat, no grians. Tofu is acceptable for proteins. No beans, no eggs. I do it for other reasons but weight loss in my case comes with it.

Cancer cure comes with it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You seem to found the way to lose weight obviously. The key is to keep at it even after you reach to your ideal weight, meaning healthy diet is life long.

You can do it, brother.:)

Gluttony is one of the sins like drunkenness is sin. Too much drink and too much food are sin. We should keep that in mind.

Self-control is one of the fruit of spirit.:)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What, your ego?

Brother, that is the stumbling stone. Many people go back to their old ways because they feel so good about themselves. A lifestyle change is just that.

I can't see myself sticking with an Adkins style low carb diet forever. It limits even vegetables too much, but I can see never going back to bread potatoes and pasta.