weekly weigh in

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you hold your Mr Cookie Bar with one hand whilst you do Judo with the other hand?

Oh, you really like pickin' on me today, don't you Mayor? You ought to head on down to the local gym, and replace the springs in the "Suzanne Sommers Stair Stepper,"so that it goes in reverse for the members. You and your Jack LaLane type buddies would probably be RITALOL(Rollin' in the Aisles LOL), wouldn't you, Mayor?

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you really like pickin' on me today, don't you Mayor? You ought to head on down to the local gym, and replace the springs in the "Suzanne Sommers Stair Stepper,"so that it goes in reverse for the members. You and your Jack LaLane type buddies would probably be RITALOL(Rollin' in the Aisles LOL," wouldn't you, Mayor?

:chuckle:

Ange: "Owwww, simmer down. I was just funnnnnin'".

john w

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Ange: "Owwww, simmer down. I was just funnnnnin'".

I'm just a little high spirited today, Mayor. A man puts on his pressed suit, adds a little "Witch Hazel," and "Midnight Madness" cologne, and polishes his hat, and what does he get sometimes-nothin' but heart aches!

SaulToPaul 2

I'm just a little high spirited today, Mayor. A man puts on his pressed suit, adds a little "Witch Hazel," and "Midnight Madness" cologne, and polishes his hat, and what does he get sometimes-nothin' but heart aches!

The hat trick? Did you strike out with Thel, Juanita, and Daphne in the same night?

john w

Hall of Fame
The hat trick? Did you strike out with Thel, Juanita, and Daphne in the same night?

I punted them all, as they wanted to go bowling-you know what happens to me when I bowl. I called up Miss Rosemary instead. "Ya know"-the lady that looks like Mrs. Simms, at the Simms house? I'm surprised at you, Mayor.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I punted them all, as they wanted to go bowling-you know what happens to me when I bowl. I called up Miss Rosemary instead. "Ya know"-the lady that looks like Mrs. Simms, at the Simms house? I'm surprised at you, Mayor.
Is stp the mayor of Mayberry ?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Here is the only text in the Catechism that I can find that explicitly mentions gluttony, but it also links to this text, which explains, with envy as an example, a little more about what it means. As one of the seven capital sins, "sins" are to be understood IMO in the context of the entire Catechism, which, in this context, means moral offenses. The Church distinguishes between the offense and the imputability of guilt for that offense. IOW, reading between the lines a bit (again, this is IMO only), the Church teaches to mind your behavior, and if you commit any grave matter (what would be, if you were susceptible to it, mortal sin), that you should confess it to the clergy. This is the Church's advice and counsel, for if you find yourself committing grave moral offenses. Her advice may appear to presume guilt, but I think that in fact it does not presume guilt, but does presume that you are dealing with a very spiritual thing now, and she would like to grant you some special, sacramental grace, to assist you in your struggle. Gluttony while a capital moral offense, does not appear to be grave matter, at least from what I understand, IMO.

SaulToPaul 2

What does an average day of eating look like for you?
Below is a typical day for me.

Breakfast:
Nothing

Lunch:
Italian Sub
Brownie

Last Meal (post workout):
1/2 pound porkchops
4 eggs
chunk of sharp cheddar

:chew:

john w

Hall of Fame
What does an average day of eating look like for you?
Below is a typical day for me.

Breakfast:
Nothing

Lunch:
Italian Sub
Brownie

Last Meal (post workout):
1/2 pound porkchops
4 eggs
chunk of sharp cheddar

:chew:

You forgot your midnight snack, pick you up, to fight off your sinkin' spell:pounded Steak a la Morelli

SaulToPaul 2

You forgot your midnight snack, pick you up, to fight off your sinkin' spell:pounded Steak a la Morelli

Oh boy, you're a regular Dick Van Dyke today aren't you?

What does a typical day's diet look like for you? I know, I know, caviar and glasses of Brandy with Roger Courtney at the Esquire Club. And then off to the golf course to work on "adding" to your score.