weekly weigh in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekly weigh in

I thought it might be fun to start a thread where members could stop by, talk about fitness goals, weigh in once a week or so, and just give an update on how you are doing.

I have been doing low carbs since the middle of January. Then, a few weeks back my wife wanted to start doing the meal replacement shake thing. I lost 19 pounds in the first 19 days of that program. I weigh in again today and will let you know.

can't you see I am eating right now
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

LOL Chrys! I can't rep that yet but hope to!

Hi Delmar,
      Are you trying the same shakes that Judge Napolitano on Fox News used and lost so much weight with?

Comment

Originally posted by Delmar View Post
        I have been doing low carbs since the middle of January.....I lost 19 pounds in the first 19 days of that program.
        Eliminating unneeded fuel works every time. The body prefers fatty acids and it will absorb them as long as you don't feed your body a bunch of grains and starch.
        Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

last year i was in a daily routine that contributed to a weight gain that peaked at 265

this year is very different and i've dropped 45 pounds without really trying - just different eating habits, different activity levels

been hiking with the dog, but that's limited by her ability - she's 14

soon as the ice is out of the slip i intend to start rowing

as soon as the spring rains wash the salt off the roads i'll start biking again

and as soon as the ground firms up there's no end to the chores and maintenance at the cottage and the farm

my goal is to break 200 by the fourth of july

Comment

I thought it might be fun to start a thread where members could stop by, talk about fitness goals, weigh in once a week or so, and just give an update on how you are doing.

I have been doing low carbs since the middle of January. Then, a few weeks back my wife wanted to start doing the meal replacement shake thing. I lost 19 pounds in the first 19 days of that program. I weigh in again today and will let you know.
            Wow, 19 pounds in 19 days. That is super.

Comment

235lbs

Comment

217 lbs.
                Originally posted by Interplanner
                They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                You're too literal to get it.
                The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

Losing fat is kind of like getting out of debt. You have to pay off the debt by burning more calories than you take in, like earning more money than you spend.

And avoiding carbs is a great way to do that. Plus ,protein and fat helps you keep your good weight (muscle).

Comment

i love carbs

bagels, fresh bread, rolls....

Comment

Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                      i love carbs

bagels, fresh bread, rolls....
                      I can't resist McDoubles or chocolate creme filled swiss rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                        217 lbs.

You said you have been keeping in shape. Isn't that muscle weight?

Comment

I love carbs too.

I am trying to keep my weight to 90 pounds since I am only 4"10 ".

It is hard but I don't like to be chubby.

Comment

Originally posted by meshak View Post
                            You said you have been keeping in shape. Isn't that muscle weight?
                            Yes ma'am. I'm almost 6'3".

I think weight is only part of the equation when discussing body composition. Two people can be the same height and same weight and look/feel completely different

Comment

Originally posted by rainee View Post
                              LOL Chrys! I can't rep that yet but hope to!

Hi Delmar,
                              Are you trying the same shakes that Judge Napolitano on Fox News used and lost so much weight with?
                              I had to google that to find out that he did the Factor4 program. We are doing Herbalife. Primarily because my stepson's girlfriend got him going on it, and they sell the product. When my wife said she wanted to try it , and I was already losing weight, I figured why not go with the same program.

Comment

Working...
                              X