weekly weigh in

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Last time I went to the doctor, I was down to 218. I haven't been that low in years. Now, almost two months later, I don't know what I weigh. But, I'm down to a size 14 in women's blue jeans. I haven't worn a 14 since I was about 16 years old. I haven't been eating as healthily as my sister wants me to. But, I've been doing a lot better than I was. Plus, I go for a good walk when it's not too cold. Who knows? I may be down to a size 10 or 12 soon.

great news. Size 14 is pretty small. I sure packed it on and why at my age, who knows?:jawdrop:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
220 pounds

How's it going STP? Hope all is well.

I was up to 210 at the beginning of last year. I started running again, ran the Pittsburgh Half Marathon, have continued running, and am now down to 177.

In my opinion, the best way to lose pounds fast is by running. Cutting out soda and snacks, and eating right helps, but running gives almost instant results. Way better than walking.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Lost a few pounds and it is very hard now! Still not posting my weight as it embarrasses me/:noid::wave2:

lifeisgood

When I was well, I used to walk 1 hour every day, did not change my diet at all, and I lost 30 pounds in one year. I need to feel stronger again to walk like that again (had a convulsion about 25 years ago and it destroyed my life and I have never been the same again). The most frustrating thing is that doctors can not provide any help at all. I had a doctor in the ER many years ago that said while I was totally dehydrated (needed 3 bags of water to even be able to lift my head up), he said to me: "I am an ER doctor, I do not treat patients like you', even the poor nurse looked at me like 'I am so sorry'. I wish I had been a smidgen better I would have sue the pants out of his legs. Oh, well, such is life.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
When I was well, I used to walk 1 hour every day, did not change my diet at all, and I lost 30 pounds in one year. I need to feel stronger again to walk like that again (had a convulsion about 25 years ago and it destroyed my life and I have never been the same again). The most frustrating thing is that doctors can not provide any help at all. I had a doctor in the ER many years ago that said while I was totally dehydrated (needed 3 bags of water to even be able to lift my head up), he said to me: "I am an ER doctor, I do not treat patients like you', even the poor nurse looked at me like 'I am so sorry'. I wish I had been a smidgen better I would have sue the pants out of his legs. Oh, well, such is life.

I hope you get better. I plan to get out and walk more and start playing golf more regularly this spring. Looking to lose five pounds for starters.:)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:wave2: Have not stayed on a diet because of virus. I need to stop making excuses. Exercise is possible no mater.

I have been practicing the diet of “healthy eating” by finding healthy alternatives that need a little tweaking to replace the junk food with healthy food. Some things I have to order online, but it’s been worth the effort.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I have been practicing the diet of “healthy eating” by finding healthy alternatives that need a little tweaking to replace the junk food with healthy food. Some things I have to order online, but it’s been worth the effort.
:wazzup:
I'm glad to hear from you! Hope all is well? My diet has not been my priority, since this virus I been feeling tired each day, just not getting out enough. I'll try to do better. Let's stay in touch