weekly weigh in

SaulToPaul 2

I am not sure if Martin ever talks about it but....dietary cholesterol has almost no effect on blood cholesterol levels. And for the record, the lower the cholesterol, the higher the chance of a heart attack.

As long as I am on the subject of the US government leading the charge to make people unhealthy and sick here is another one.

Vegetarian non-smokers are less healthy than red meat eating smokers. Now where is that Camel....

:smokie:

Yes, at least 90% of conventional wisdom concerning nutrition is nonsense. Or myth.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Down 15 lbs from last week. I knew I was retaining water last week.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hit the 20 lb. milestone today. I still have a long way to go, but this milestone is big for me. :)

Passing those markers do seem to help keep you going especially when the goal seems so far away.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Passing those markers do seem to help keep you going especially when the goal seems so far away.

It is so encouraging to stand on scale when it is moving up to your goal:)

I started to stand on scale when I started my work out at gym. I was getting slowly gaining weight that time. And reached my goal slowly and now trying to maintain the same. It is not easy at my age.

SaulToPaul 2

220 lbs. Endeavoring to stay away from the local choke & puke in an attempt to gain ground on Nick M, the Magnificent, and the Great!

bybee

Be careful with high-fructose. Real bad for gout.
Also crystalline fructose, which is more processed than high-fructose.
Splenda gives me brain 'electrical shocks'. If I eat something that I forgot to read the ingredients and my brain gives me 'shocks' every single time it has been that Splenda is there.
So I am very careful about substitute sugars being offered.

Yup! Substitute food has some substitute effects!

Adam

Hall of Fame
My friend Delmar has inspired me to lose weight.

I had my wife take before photos this week.

I need to buy a scale!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK. I've been inspired to start as well. I hate to announce it because then there is an accountability factor. And because of accountability, I'm not so sure Tolstoy was right when he said:

“Not in order to justify, but simply in order to explain my lack of consistency, I say: Look at my present life and then at my former life, and you will see that I do attempt to carry them out. It is true that I have not fulfilled one thousandth part of them [Christian precepts], and I am ashamed of this, but I have failed to fulfill them not because I did not wish to, but because I was unable to. Teach me how to escape from the net of temptations that surrounds me, help me and I will fulfill them; even without help I wish and hope to fulfill them.

Attack me, I do this myself, but attack me rather than the path I follow and which I point out to anyone who asks me where I think it lies. If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side! If it is not the right way, then show me another way; but if I stagger and lose the way, you must help me, you must keep me on the true path, just as I am ready to support you. Do not mislead me, do not be glad that I have got lost, do not shout out joyfully: “Look at him! He said he was going home, but there he is crawling into a bog!” No, do not gloat, but give me your help and support.”
― Leo Tolstoy

If the man was drunk, should you really help him? Is it really true that he did not help himself because he was unable, when he claimed he wanted to help himself?

In any case, I'd like to change my lifestyle to be more healthy.