The Gospel Of Thomas

daqq

Here is 19.Should be alot to discuss on this one.

Jesus said, “Blessed is he who came into being before he came into being. If you become my disciples and listen to my words, these stones will minister to you. For there are five trees for you in Paradise which remain undisturbed summer and winter and whose leaves do not fall. Whoever becomes acquainted with them will not experience death”.

Exodus 26:36-37
36. And you shall make a screen-curtain for the door of the Ohel-Tent, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, the work of the embroiderer.
37. And you shall make for the screen-curtain five pillars of shittiym-acacia-thornwood, and shall overlay them with gold: their hooks shall be of gold: and you shall cast five 'adney-['eden]-sockets of brass for them.

These five pillars at the opening or "door" of the Mishkan Tabernacle are made out of whole trees, and are therefore five tree-pillars, and most likely they are arranged with three of the tree-pillars on the inner side of the curtain of the door, and with two of the tree-pillars on the outer side of the curtain of the door, (as shown in the diagram). In this way there are a total seven trees or pillars inside the Sanctuary because there are four "pillars of the heavens" which are the four tree-pillars upon which the inner veil is hung between the secondary Holy Place and the Kodesh Kadashim, (the sky blue veil represents the firmament-division of the heavens or shamayim). Thus we have a total of seven tree-pillars inside the Mishkan Tabernacle proper and the two tree-pillars which are upon the threshold, outside of the door of the Mishkan, which would later become symbolized in the two pillars Boaz and Yakin, standing outside on the porch of the Temple, and this of course is revealed in the first Temple which Solomon built and placed the two pillars "Boaz and Yakin" on the porch of the Temple before the door.

tabernacle-testimony-temple.gif

These things are therefore parabolic, allegorical, and idiomatic language referring to spiritual birth, and how it is understood, and how it is brought about in the kingdom of God. Nikodemos was no bumbling fool, as often portrayed by mainstream Christianity, but rather he is clearly said to have been a master-teacher of Yisrael which means that he probably had much of Torah, if not all of it, memorized even from his youth. Nikodemos says to Yeshua, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into the womb of his mother and be (re)born?" And the answer is, YES, because Yerushalaim of Above is our mother covenant. If therefore one is willing to undergo retraining into Torah, Prophets, and Writings, in the Light of the Testimony of Yeshua who is the New Mediator of the Covenant, the same will then surely become intimately acquainted with these five pillars or trees of Paradise; for the Mishkan Tabernacle is the heavenly Tabernacle, even as Yerushalaim of Above is heavenly, and the Epistle to the Hebrews also bears witness to this understanding by devoting much space to teachings of examples concerning the heavenly Tabernacle. It is an allegory of returning into the womb of our mother, (covenant) which is the woman of Genesis 3:15, Revelation 12:1-2, Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel, Mariam the mother of Yeshua, Yerushalaim of Above, the heavenly Mishkan Tabernacle, the Garden of Eden, and Paradise.

daqq

Mariam the mother of Yeshua is the final typology of Yerushalaim of above, which begins in Genesis 3:15 and continues through Sarah, Rachel, the "woman" of Revelation 12, and so on, and so on. Paul lays out the allegorical typology for us in Galatians 4:22-31 which even goes so far as to quote Isaiah 54:1, (a remez-pointer to the whole context of that passage) linking Yerushalaim of above to the Mishkan-Tabernacle, (Mother Covenant). Paul even states clearly in that passage that the two women, (Sarah and Hagar the Egyptian) are an allegory for two covenants. Thus the women are the cities are the covenants. It is all an allegory. God has again taken foolish things and confounded once again those who think themselves to be wise. Most of the mainstream are taking allegorical writings full of poetry and idiomatic language and forcing a literal physical interpretation onto them. Yosef was born from above and his name was then changed to Yeshua because Yosef the andrasMaria "produced fruit" by the seed of the Word and by the seed of faithful belief in that Seed of the Word which was planted in him when the Malak of YHWH was sent to him and spoke to him. His wife Mariam was indeed a "virgin" because she was the "wife of his youth" and "wife of covenant" spoken of and prophesied in Malachi 2:11-16 which is also hinted at in the New Covenant passage at the end of the Jeremiah 31:22 statement, (a nqebah-female shall encompass a geber-andras-man). Yosef and Mariam are two different aspects of the same person who is Yeshua ben Yosef ben David, ("as done by law", as Luke 3:23 says, but they are the same person because there be four generations to the man, "as accordingly by the Torah").

The women are the cities are the covenants are an allegory:

Galatians 4:22-27 ASV
22. For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, one by the handmaid, and one by the freewoman.
23. Howbeit the son by the handmaid is born after the flesh; but the son by the freewoman is born through promise.
24. Which things contain an allegory: for these women are two covenants; one from mount Sinai, bearing children unto bondage, which is Hagar.
25. Now this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia and answereth to the Jerusalem that now is: for she is in bondage with her children.
26. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, which is our mother.
27. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; Break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: For more are the children of the desolate than of her that hath the husband [Isaiah 54:1].

Isaiah 54:1-10 KJV Restored Name
54:1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, [Galatians 4:27] saith YHWH.
54:2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, [Exodus 26:7-14] and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: [Exodus 26:1-33] spare not, lengthen thy cords, [Exodus 35:18] and strengthen thy stakes; [Exodus 27:19]
54:3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
54:4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.
54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; YHWH of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Set-apart One of Israel; The Elohim of the whole earth shall he be called.
54:6 For YHWH hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy Elohim.
54:7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith YHWH thy Redeemer.
54:9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, [Numbers 25:11-13] saith YHWH that hath mercy on thee.

breastplate-ephod2.gif

2 Corinthians 5:1-4
1. For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle-tent were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3. If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4. For we that are in this tabernacle-tent do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
sayings of the Master......

sayings of the Master......

~*~*~

Great parallels daqq,

And an awesome new avatar there,.....featuring the 12 tribal gems and we can throw the 'zodiac' in there too ;) I find the high-priestly garments and temple chamber/utensils to be highly symbolic and most esoterically awesome :thumb:

I gather some pagan element in there perhaps borrowed from Babylonian/Persian streams with some possible Egyptian highlights, in some of the ceremonial aspects, but that's another chapter. - aspects of the animal and human sacrifices also are a bit disturbing (in general or wherever practiced), as we've challenged the 'blood-atonement' concept elsewhere (see especially our Urantia Revelation thread).

The GoT and other non-canonical/inter-testatmental books give us wonderful insights into the 'seg-way' from traditionial Judaism into the new evolutional form of 'Christianity' (in various schools) emerging in that time period.

Moving along with the GoT, perhaps we can add to saying 47 shared previously if anyone has any insights there. Did you have a chance to read thru the entire thread? We've been for the most part going thru the sayings chronologically.

pj

daqq

~*~*~

Great parallels daqq,

And an awesome new avatar there,.....featuring the 12 tribal gems and we can throw the 'zodiac' in there too ;) I find the high-priestly garments and temple chamber/utensils to be highly symbolic and most esoterically awesome :thumb:

I gather some pagan element in there perhaps borrowed from Babylonian/Persian streams with some possible Egyptian highlights, in some of the ceremonial aspects, but that's another chapter. - aspects of the animal and human sacrifices also are a bit disturbing (in general or wherever practiced), as we've challenged the 'blood-atonement' concept elsewhere (see especially our Urantia Revelation thread).

The GoT and other non-canonical/inter-testatmental books give us wonderful insights into the 'seg-way' from traditionial Judaism into the new evolutional form of 'Christianity' (in various schools) emerging in that time period.

Moving along with the GoT, perhaps we can add to saying 47 shared previously if anyone has any insights there. Did you have a chance to read thru the entire thread? We've been for the most part going thru the sayings chronologically.

pj

Hi PJ, king David, the Prophets, and other Psalms tell us what the sacrifices are about; one can offer up a bullock or even a fatling of Bashan with the lips if the heart is set right, the prayer is upright, and we love our heavenly Father. :)

EDIT: PS ~ The avatar is a flat two-dimensional representation of the holy city having the twelve precious foundation stones arranged in four rows, (though not the way in which most would think as may be seen) and the names of the twelve tribes are in their stones and at the twelve gates, (not shown) and the twelve apostles of the Lamb with their names in the foundation stones of the wall of the city. The "streets" of the city are paved with gold. Thus the priest wears the holy city over his heart upon the Ephod Breastplate of (righteous) Judgment.

~*~*~

(47) Jesus said, "It is impossible for a man to mount two horses or to stretch two bows. And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters; otherwise, he will honor the one and treat the other contemptuously. No man drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine. And new wine is not put into old wineskins, lest they burst; nor is old wine put into a new wineskin, lest it spoil it. An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because a tear would result."

-Lambdin
pj

How many beasts of burden does Yeshua sit upon in the following?
And did he ever actually claim to be the King?
(Paul suggests not in 1 Timothy 6:13). :)

Matthew 21:2-5
2. Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway you shall find a donkey tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.
3. And if any man say ought unto you, you shall say, The Master has need of them; and straightway he will send them.
4. All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
5. Say to the daughter of Zion, Behold, your King comes unto you, meek, and sitting upon a donkey, and a colt the foal of a donkey [Zechariah 9:9].

Could there be someOne with Yeshua as they ride into town? :)
He says in T47 he cannot ride two at one time, (see also Isaiah 62:11-12).
As for the second portion of T47 Luke has a "gracious" twist at the close:

Luke 5:36-39
36. And he spoke also a parable unto them: No man rends a piece from a new garment and puts it upon an old garment; else he will rend the new, and also the piece from the new will not agree with the old.
37. And no man puts new wine into old wine skins; else the new wine will burst the skins and itself will be spilled, and the skins will perish.
38. But new wine must be put into fresh wine skins.
39. And no man having drunk old wine desires new; for he says, The old is crestos! (grace-ious).

So Yeshua takes six stone cistern-waterjars, (six being the number of man and stone representing the unregenerated stony heart) having already two or three firkins of the water of the purification rites of the Jews in the six cisterns, (and they are clearly not emptied of their contents) and he commands his disciples to fill what space remains in them to the brims with fresh water: and this makes the best wine, (John 2:6-10). But if one drinks only new wine all of the time it may quite possibly make him or her MAD as they say. And of course the wines concern drink offerings, covenants, and treasures both new and old. And at the very least that is two of my forty-two sense. :)

Last edited:

daqq

Matthew 21:2-5
2. Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway you shall find a donkey tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.
3. And if any man say ought unto you, you shall say, The Master has need of them; and straightway he will send them.
4. All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
5. Say to the daughter of Zion, Behold, your King comes unto you, meek, and sitting upon a donkey, and a colt the foal of a donkey [Zechariah 9:9].

Genesis 49:10-11 (Septuagint and Masoretic)
10. A ruler shall not fail from Yhudah, nor a prince from his loins, (between his feet is an idiom) until there come the things stored up for him, (until Shiloh come) and he is the expectation of nations:
11. Binding his colt to the vine, even his colt of a donkey to the choice vine: he shall wash his robe in wine, and his garment in the blood of the grape.

Yeshua is seated upon the young colt, the foal, the son of a she-donkey.
The male donkey goes before the colt and the colt is tied to the male donkey.
To the eyes of the flesh there would have been none seated upon the male donkey.
But to the eye of discernment the Father is leading the Son.

------------------------------ ~ ------------------------------

(47) Jesus said, "It is impossible for a man to mount two horses or to stretch two bows. And it is impossible for a servant to serve two masters; otherwise, he will honor the one and treat the other contemptuously. No man drinks old wine and immediately desires to drink new wine. And new wine is not put into old wineskins, lest they burst; nor is old wine put into a new wineskin, lest it spoil it. An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, because a tear would result."
-Lambdin

Behold, a sower on a white horse went forth to sow:
And in his hand was a toxon-seed-bow . . .

toxon-harp.gif

And seven by sixes are seven of my forty-two sense! :)
Not to be confused with two penny-cents! :crackup:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Disciples of Jesus as peace-makers..........

Disciples of Jesus as peace-makers..........

Next verse without comment? Okay! :)

(48) Jesus said, "If two make peace with each other in this one house, they will say to the mountain, 'Move Away,' and it will move away."

-Lambdin

Here we see the analogy of 'faith' being compared to also a 'making of peace' between two persons, which has great power of resolution and reconciliation, to effect a mighty movement.

Also, since the two are 'agreed',...their combined prayer of unity has that much more power, because it is undivided, single in vision. Hence, 'peace-making' appears to be a quality of the disciples of Jesus,....who by such 'peace-making' show (prove) themselves to be the children of God, since such acts of agreement to God's will are wholly in line with His nature, whose guiding principle is love. Jesus continues elsewhere to espouse Love's law, teachings its importance in the way of the kingdom, being a 'witness' to others of divine principle and leadership.

pj

daqq

(48) Jesus said, "If two make peace with each other in this one house,
:think:

Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. And into whatsoever house you enter, first say, "Peace be to this house", and if the Son of Peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, He shall turn to you again.
-- Leukos-Petros-Paulos the White (10:3-6).

Who is this Son of Peace?

The disciple is not above his teacher, nor the servant above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his Teacher, and the servant as his Master. If they have called the Master of the house, "Beelzebub", how much more shall they call them of his household?
-- Mattityahu-Levi-Lebbaeus-Thomas (10:24-25).

Who is this Master of the house?

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also Adonay sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Seraphim stood above for him: Six wings, six wings to the one! with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried to his brother, and said, Holy, Holy, Holy, YHWH Tsabaoth: the all the Land is full of his glory! And the cubit-pillar-post powers of the heavens at the door were rocked at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, YHWH Tsabaoth. Then flew one of the Seraphim to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: and he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged. And I heard the Voice of the Master, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me!
-- HaNavi Yeshayahu 6:1-8

Who is this Son of man? -- Lazaros-Yakobos 12:34-41 :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The solitary ones............

The solitary ones............

~*~*~

(49)

Yeshua said,
Blessings on you who are alone and chosen,
for you will find the kingdom.
You have come from it
and will return there again.

- Meyer

(49) Jesus said, "Blessed are the solitary and elect, for you will find the kingdom. For you are from it, and to it you will return."

- Lambdin

Here we find a soul being 'solitary' as an ascetic quality, of one being alone with 'God'. This being 'alone' is singular,..undivided and silent. One in quite meditation intuits that dimension of being,...a quality and nature of 'God', the primal presence. When one intuits the beginning, he also knows the end, as stated in saying 18, since the both the 'beginning' and the 'end' are within the eternal, ...both are but segways within the infinite. Both space and time are swallowed up in eternity. The 'kingdom' is the primal presence, the place of origination.

pj

JosephR

the desiple of the Living Christ Jesus asked Him.

"Master ,What did You tell the others in Private"

And the Living Christ did say "If I told you the stones would turn into fire,and consume you"

These are the pre Flavian documentation of the Lord Christ Jesus..please discuss.

JosephR

the only reason a person should say this is if... he is a modern geologist and understands the core of the earth.....or was there when it was made..

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
points to note for those following so far....

points to note for those following so far....

the desiple of the Living Christ Jesus asked Him.

"Master ,What did You tell the others in Private"

And the Living Christ did say "If I told you the stones would turn into fire,and consume you"

These are the pre Flavian documentation of the Lord Christ Jesus..please discuss.

Hi JR,

We discussed saying #13 earlier here :)

As far as 'pre-flavian' goes, you know that's just one theory among others, discussed on another thread of yours. (we've touched on Joseph Atwill's book on the subject, his blog here). - while interesting, not sure its an 'air-tight' analysis or only explanation of how the gospels were written (analogies/allegories noted).

At any rate, I'm also interested in the Diatessaron , compiled by Tatian in the second century,..which contains sayings of Jesus in their own unique sequence, but was likely modified later by translations conforming it more to the individual canonized gospels deemed more 'orthodox' (you know how 'scribal adjustments' go :) )

My curiousity and interest is more about what the original gospel of Matthew contained written in Hebrew, which is assumed to be probably quite different than what we have as the canonized version of Matthew today, besides what was referred to as the 'sayings of the Lord', which might have fragments in the Gospel of the Hebrews, Ebionites and Egyptians. Just how much of Jesus sayings are actually his, or just attributed/assumed to be his by tradition, is another question in itself (this is an honest question that few believers even consider or question, although the Jesus Seminar took a good stab at it).

Anyways,...we are now on sayings # 50,....to be chronologically correct ;)