Should Women Be Beaten?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It depends on the color of his skin, his religion, his politics, his views on feminism, and attractiveness.

of course - no beating of black teens, for example, no matter how thuggish they are

Everyone deserves at least one good beating, we earned it.

at least once a day

I feel that even posing such a question betrays a serious defect of character....
It is not humorous.

it wasn't meant to be humorous, doofus

read the OP

One thing to keep in mind about beating people: it's called assault.

and as many (referenced in the OP) felt, justified for certain abhorent behaviors that men were engaging in

Greg Jennings

I feel that even posing such a question betrays a serious defect of character....
It is not humorous.

You're right, Bybee. But as much hate speech as I've seen here, I've learned to see the humor in making fun of it.

To most people, the question posed in the OP is ridiculous, which is why I find it funny that it was posed in the first place.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
and as many (referenced in the OP) felt, justified for certain abhorent behaviors that men were engaging in

Which changes nothing about what I said, if you start beating them because you feel it's justified, regardless of whether it is actually deserved, that person is justified to shoot you and kill you to defend their self. Why? Because the laws of this country do allow corporeal punishment. Even if they did, you are not a duly appointed officer if the court. Welcome to America.

ClimateSanity

we've had consensus here and there that there are actions that some men take that deserve a sound thrashing - the upskirts in massachusetts thread comes to mind, and just about any thread that veers into pedophilia or spousal abuse territory

what specific actions would justify corporal punishment of women by their husbands?

Men are the only ones who should be beaten. We here at TOL feel justified in the beating of certain men...but no one else....that's barbaric. If a man takes a peek under the skirt of a women or if he fondles underage girls or if he hits his wife, we here at TOL feel completely justified in feeling he deserves to get the snot beat of him.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
iow, you can't address the op

ok :idunno:

I did. I am proud to say I am not part of the consensus you allude to. I will also state for the record that beatings administered outside of a court of law are wrong.

As usual, you are not but a petty little heathen.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Men are the only ones who should be beaten. We here at TOL feel justified in the beating of certain men...but no one else....that's barbaric. If a man takes a peek under the skirt of a women or if he fondles underage girls or if he hits his wife, we here at TOL feel completely justified in feeling he deserves to get the snot beat of him.

you get it :thumb:

I did. I am proud to say I am not part of the consensus you allude to. I will also state for the record that beatings administered outside of a court of law are wrong.

As usual, you are not but a petty little heathen.

:doh:

it's "naught"

CRVABxnVAAQf1zy.jpg