The embarrassment of receiving an infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
As a wise person in my past used to say "Oh what a surprise there shall be at Heaven's Gate for so many who shall find themselves on the wrong side looking in at so many that they judged as not worthy!"

i'm pretty sure that rejecting Jesus Christ is gonna get you on the wrong side of that narrow path

IMJerusha

For those of you who have received an infraction of some kind at TOL or some other online forum, were you embarrassed? Does it feel like people are looking at your profile thinking "what is that guys problem"?

Here is the deal. All have sinned and fallen short of th glory of God! How much less serious is it to have an Internet infraction on your record?

Hi Del! :wave: Hey, am I weird for not checking out the profile and thinking "what is that guy's problem?" Not that I don't check out profiles but ...

I don't much care for hurting people on the internet or otherwise. I do know what it's like to be cast out by fellow sinners and it's painful. Uh oh, there I go again being all serious!

Timotheos

For those of you who have received an infraction of some kind at TOL or some other online forum, were you embarrassed? Does it feel like people are looking at your profile thinking "what is that guys problem"?

Here is the deal. All have sinned and fallen short of th glory of God! How much less serious is it to have an Internet infraction on your record?

I've gotten one infraction, I feel that it was a mistake on your part. (Misunderstanding the meaning of a word that I used.)
But it is a minor issue. You are doing great if you only make one mistake.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

people receive infractions here? :noway:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
:
Originally Posted by Delmar View Post

Forum rules are made up for site owners and by their standards. It is not God's standards. So I really don't take it seriously. Of course I don't like to be kicked out too often because I would like to voice or spread my convictions for my Lord, Jesus.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

If the board policy was strict neutrality and fairness, it would always be embarrassing. When you gave me one it was embarrassing, and in retrospect, well-deserved.

Yep.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If the board policy was strict neutrality and fairness, it would always be embarrassing. When you gave me one it was embarrassing, and in retrospect, well-deserved.
I had a different feeling about it. But eventually I had to concede to myself that no matter how uneven the field around here on that score Delmar was doing me a favor by holding me to a pretty high standard. So what angered me initially came to feel more like a compliment.

Go figure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.