And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

Thunder's Muse

Birds? Scared of the poor, little, loving winged creatures? Why I can't believe it.

Spoiler
thebirds.jpg

Well, maybe a little then.

:chuckle:

Oh, it's pretty funny to watch, I'm sure...but yes, they terrify me...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
8629945174_3874e3715d_z.jpg

I was looking though an odds and ends shop in Deep Ellum, when this person walked up to the piano in the corner and boogied well enough to get applause from the shoppers.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would like to offer a personal addition to this thread.

My wife passed away on the 20th of this month, two days before her birthday, in 2011.

I am not fond of August.

I love her, and I miss her. Her children and I will never forget her.

She rests with G-d, and for that I am grateful. Please pray for me that I have the strength to stand at their side and comfort them as the time of her passing grows near.

This cowboy would be very appreciative of your prayers.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

My wife passed away on the 20th of this month, two days before her birthday, in 2011.

I am not fond of August.

She rests with G-d, and for that I am grateful. Please pray for me that I have the strength to stand at their side and comfort them as the time of her passing grows near.

You and your children are in my prayers, vegascowboy.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And mine are with you too, vegascowboy. May God bless you and your family and give you His peace and the strength to go on.

leuchtturm

BANNED
Banned

I am not fond of August.

My prayers and thoughts are with you this month my friend.

PureX

I am not fond of August.

You got it, brother.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is so much better than the "All things prescient" thread, which really never took off.

But I guess you could see that one coming. :plain:

Iwannaknow

BANNED
Banned

I am not fond of August.

Prayers of comfort for you and your children's loss sir.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

I am not fond of August.

Prayers for Gods comfort and blessing on you and your children

IMJerusha

mourning_cloak_butterfly_by_mogrianne-d2xpz4f.png

When I was a little girl, a Mourning Cloak like this one would come into our yard and land on me whenever I would go out and sing. It would allow me to stroke it and walk around the yard with it on my hand or shoulder. My friends thought it was odd. Odder still...it returned two Summers in a row. I don't think it could have been the same butterfly but it was really something to have that connection with something so beautiful.

bybee

mourning_cloak_butterfly_by_mogrianne-d2xpz4f.png

When I was a little girl, a Mourning Cloak like this one would come into our yard and land on me whenever I would go out and sing. It would allow me to stroke it and walk around the yard with it on my hand or shoulder. My friends thought it was odd. Odder still...it returned two Summers in a row. I don't think it could have been the same butterfly but it was really something to have that connection with something so beautiful.

I have a Robin who seems to love me. He has appeared for three years in a row now. He sits on the window ledge and looks in at me as if to check and make sure that I'm okay.
I stand by the window and reassure him that I am indeed okay!