And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
funny-pics10.jpg

PureX

I find churches extremely ugly. I always have, they remind me of slavery and death.
It depends. There is an old Lutheran church in Chicago that I used to frequent (mostly for AA meetings) that was built by Polish immigrants just after the Chicago Fire. Someone in the Parrish hand carved a fantastic 15 foot wide "Last Supper" from wood, in deep relief, as the alter back. It's one of the most beautiful carvings I've seen. That same church has a beautiful huge rose stained glass window, too. In those days, the Poles in the neighborhood mostly worked as craftsmen, and they really knew how to do it. Now the neighborhood is all white-collar 'yuppies', but the spirit of those old Poles shines like a star through that church.

l.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The Old Botany Building at Iowa State University.
26453854_beee910f91_z.jpg

Supposedly, George W. Carver's office is on the second floor. The day I took this shot, we went up to the first balcony, where I proposed to Mrs. Barbarian, 45 years ago this fall. I figured I better say something romantic, and it must have been right, because I got a big kiss.

Then I noticed all the office people looking out the windows, wondering why these old people were snogging on the balcony.

We left.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Old Botany Building at Iowa State University.
Supposedly, George W. Carver's office is on the second floor. The day I took this shot, we went up to the first balcony, where I proposed to Mrs. Barbarian, 45 years ago this fall. I figured I better say something romantic, and it must have been right, because I got a big kiss.

Then I noticed all the office people looking out the windows, wondering why these old people were snogging on the balcony.

We left.

You shoulda stayed longer... waved at them, did a little impromptu bit of swing dance or something. :)

Charity

Something nice.

Oh they new
They new they new. An they new that of also,that they new. Riddle

They had holy royal records, that told them true,
on the out skirts of the city
another baby king was about to be born...
lowly, lowly on the edge,
poverty shall Hardly enlightened.
He might not be the threat,
least a far off cousin, an three wised up kings.
Specking of matters, that chop off heads.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Really bugs me how the queen has to have her name on everything, things that are completely irrelevant to her...

The work of those sailors and their courage, yet the ship is named after a stupid parasite...

lovemeorhateme

Really bugs me how the queen has to have her name on everything, things that are completely irrelevant to her...

The work of those sailors and their courage, yet the ship is named after a stupid parasite...

I think you will find that was His Majesty's Ship ;)

lovemeorhateme

Also, as a supporter of monarchy I wholeheartedly disagree. But that's a discussion for another thread. I don't want to get into a debate on this thread. :)

zoo22

This is nice

Spoiler
eCooperRoa4518-1.jpg

It's by an artist called ROA. The building is in South Africa, but he's painted his animals on walls all around the world. Here are some more pictures of this building, with some of him painting. ROA S. Africa wall.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
I think you will find that was His Majesty's Ship ;)

Haha, very good - I overlooked that but I don't think my point was related to that era as much.

We could have a grand ol' debate on Monarchy whenever you're not busy.

Edit: I've got a volunteer job for a week before I go to Germany, I'll have a lot of time to scribe through the day. <3