TOL Snapshot: Inside the Numbers

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah. There's more than just me who has no idea what you're talking about half the time.

That's just another declaration that shouldn't mean much to me and doesn't.
:chuckle:

Good one. I'll use that next time instead.

If you don't understand.
I asked you to clarify the point you were addressing. I did not concede ignorance.

It's time for you to start respecting what other people say. :up:

You must only be reading your posts, which would explain a great deal.

Then either you don't understand my argument or you have no real objection to it.
What argument?

That our newest mod has brought about a jump in infractions? Has someone disagreed with you, saying he hasn't?

Have you read what it is that has been challenged about your post?

Have you considered for a second that perhaps your take on things is not the consensus view?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Like I said before Stripe decided to turn my thread into an illustration of memory lapses, there were a lot of voices grumbling about an unusual number of infractions being handed out, so I looked into it. The data I want most people to have a look at follows:

Jan. - Mar. 2018

January - 60 posts were reported and 15 Mod actions were taken. That's 25% of the reports acted upon.
February - 75 posts were reported and 21 Mod actions were taken. That's 28% of the reports acted upon.
March - 49 posts were reported and 13 Mod actions were taken. That's 27% of the reports acted upon.

Now let's compare it to the same period this year.

January - 133 posts were reported and 18 Mod actions were taken. That's 13.5% of the reports acted upon.
February - 75 posts were reported and 16 Mod actions were taken. That's 21% of the reports acted upon.
March - 59 posts were reported and 38 Mod actions were taken. That's 64% of the reports acted upon.

And that's how it has gone so far, despite a decline in posts and participation. Mostly it's on account of a new mod who seems to favor a much heavier hand than we had here before. What the impact of that will be remains to be seen, as does whether or not the new guy will continue with the habit (which began in March).

:cheers:

glorydaz

Like I said before Stripe decided to turn my thread into an illustration of memory lapses, there were a lot of voices grumbling about an unusual number of infractions being handed out, so I looked into it. The data I want most people to have a look at follows:

Jan. - Mar. 2018

January - 60 posts were reported and 15 Mod actions were taken. That's 25% of the reports acted upon.
February - 75 posts were reported and 21 Mod actions were taken. That's 28% of the reports acted upon.
March - 49 posts were reported and 13 Mod actions were taken. That's 27% of the reports acted upon.

Now let's compare it to the same period this year.

January - 133 posts were reported and 18 Mod actions were taken. That's 13.5% of the reports acted upon.
February - 75 posts were reported and 16 Mod actions were taken. That's 21% of the reports acted upon.
March - 59 posts were reported and 38 Mod actions were taken. That's 64% of the reports acted upon.

And that's how it has gone so far, despite a decline in posts and participation. Mostly it's on account of a new mod who seems to favor a much heavier hand than we had here before. What the impact of that will be remains to be seen, as does whether or not the new guy will continue with the habit (which began in March).

:cheers:

I'm wondering if you've kept track of the mod actions when no post was reported. Those that were just done on mod initiative alone. There's probably no way to keep track of all warnings or threats.