chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you can use one of her threads to have nice dialogue with someone else
and
no one will ever notice

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yet some folks have difficulty reading the meaning of that as it relates to a discussion forum:

Something delusional is going on there. "Useful conversation starters?"...

He overestimates the impact of some posters.

Some people have openly wondered why rpchk, well, the poster hanging that around her neck for a moment, keeps changing usernames. I think that last snapshot may be the answer. In relatively short order people start functionally ignoring her. The thread views dwindle and she reinvents, because people will stop and see what the newbie is up to, what nutalicious ideas she's coating the boards with, at least until they recognize the hand behind the ladle and begin to wander away again.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AgainTSF
Threads: 100
More than 1000 views: 15
More than 100 posts: 5

I would like to see this recalculated for all of her posts and threads under different usernames. Ann Coulter for President (don't remember the exact layout) and what she goes by now.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
notobsessive.jpg

:nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And a couple more...

Robert Pate
More than 100 posts: 33
More than 1000 views: 58

serpentdove
More than 100 posts: 10
More than 1000 views: 39

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
what about the view to reply ratio?
I looked at that once. Misleading. You could have a thread with 1 post and fifteen views look better on average than a post with 100 posts and 1000 views. I considered doing an average over all threads but it would be an exhausting bit of crunching and it could still have the same sort of problem. Say all I'd ever posted were a handful of threads, including Observations that mostly tells you about the thread, not the any tendency and that thread alone could skew a larger effort. So the number just doesn't have any normative value.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So then I was curious about the general categories and how the last 100 threads were performing in each section.

Politics
More than 100 posts: 23
More than 1000 views: 39

Religion
More than 100 posts: 26
More than 1000 views: 38

And the Rest
More than 100 posts: 36
More than 1000 views: 55

So if you've looked at your own averages and wondered, it's a bit like sports.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
resodko
Threads: 26
More than 100 posts: 1
More than 1000 views: 2

correction:

resodko
Threads: 26
More than 100 posts: 1
More than 1000 views: 6

:think:

resodko

threads started by town heretic since December 15, 2014

Threads: 3
More than 100 posts: 0
More than 1000 views: 3

I wanted to find a way to look at relevance ...

:mock:town and his lack of relevance

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
correction:
No, an update. The figures were correct when posted.

threads started by town heretic since December 15, 2014
Why would you isolate to that time period? To attempt what the numbers don't say about my threads and what they do say about yours in every incarnation. :plain:

Cub Reporters was created in January, isn't the sort of thread that is designed to generate posts, given it's essentially a running tally, but has in its brief life (a little less than two months) managed a modest but not inconsiderable 69 posts and 2,795 views.

American Idol 2015: no longer a large participating interest (hasn't been for a couple of years) but it's drawn eyes in the rough month of its existence coming in at 1,161. I wasn't sure it would do that well entire, so I've been pleasantly surprised.

The Hall of Fame thread turned stupidly contentious and contrary to the point so I abandoned it within the month I started it and it still managed 3,955 views, so I supposed some people enjoyed it.

:mock:town and his lack of relevance
I suppose if I struggled the way you do I'd try that long running attempt to twist the point I made, which was more that people like you have to start a fire to get anyone to look.

:e4e: