TOL Snapshot: Inside the Numbers

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
From time to time I'm going to look at various numbers, just for the heck of it and purely for entertainment purposes. Sky inadvertently gave me the idea when she conflated the number of individuals posting in Quixote with its popularity. I noted the number of views and it got me thinking about something else.

So the first snapshot is one I did looking across sky's posts and now carried over across a few others, including myself. This snapshot is as of midnight and setting this thread aside for the purposes of counting.

Sky
Threads: 67
More than a thousand views: 18
More than 100 posts: 7

Eeset
Threads: 100
More than 1000 views: 42
More than 100 posts: 12

chrys
More than a thousand views: 50
More than 100 posts: 31

AB
Threads: 92
More than 1000 views: 59
More than 100 posts: 24

resurrected
Threads: 46
More than 1000 views: 6
More than 100 posts: 5

anna
Threads: 97
More than 1000 views: 57
More than 100 posts: 21

zoo
More than 1000 views: 48
More than 100 posts: 11

Updated:

TH
Threads: 92
More than 1000 views: 80
More than 100 posts: 41

Last edited:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now divide by the time since a person became a member. Re post those adjusted results. Yes I peeked at your dossier thread.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Again, these are only the last 100 threads or fewer started by the individuals listed and an examination of how frequently those threads generated posts and interest. Some have single threads that yield tremendous numbers while a great many die on the vine. Some have the sort of thread that is made to die out quickly. So there are any number of ways to approach this sort of thing, but in general, this is an interesting window into the average response over a large number of threads.

Now what I see surprised me. I'd always expected the pot stirrers would generate the most heat, posts and interest, but they mostly don't. Pay special attention to TSF and serpentdove in the next grouping.

kmo
More than 1000 views: 36
More than 100 posts: 8

fool
Threads: 42
More than 1000 views: 22
More than 100 posts: 9

aCW
Threads: 30
More than 1000 views: 15
More than 100 posts: 6

serpentdove
More than 1000 views: 18
More than 100 posts: 4

TSF
More than 1000 views: 15
More than 100 posts: 5

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stripe
More than 1000 views: 52
More than 100 posts: 10

Looks like people just open the page, see who the author is and leave. :D

bybee

Stripe
More than 1000 views: 52
More than 100 posts: 10

Looks like people just open the page, see who the author is and leave. :D

My threads generate as much interest as leftover muffins! I definitely don't have the pulse of this place.:dunce:

bybee

Maybe you should try leaving just the muffin tops. :chew:

Thoughts come and go. I'm more than happy to enter into the fray when someone else posts a good topic...or even...when someone else posts a not so good topic!:devil:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
From time to time I'm going to look at various numbers, just for the heck of it and purely for entertainment purposes. Sky inadvertently gave me the idea when she conflated the number of individuals posting in Quixote with its popularity. I noted the number of views and it got me thinking about something else.

So the first snapshot is one I did looking across sky's posts and now carried over across a few others, including myself. This snapshot is as of midnight and setting this thread aside for the purposes of counting.

Sky
Threads: 67
More than a thousand views: 18
More than 100 posts: 7

How embarrassing! HOW will I ever go on? :allsmile:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nazaroo
More than 1000 views: 22
More than 100 posts: 13

bybee

What does it all mean?
I am quite content just as I am!
This seeming, infatuation with numbers is a puzzle to me.
If all of the numbers disappeared we could say "So what!".
:confused:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Irrelevantly--if your numbers are any indicator. As are a good many of the sour pusses. :D

And that makes me feel...better about the state of things.

Last edited:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Irrelevantly--if your numbers are any indicator. As are a good many of the sour pusses. :D

And that makes me feel...better about the state of thing.s

Do you want me to cry harder?

:allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile::allsmile: