TOL Snapshot: Inside the Numbers

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
image-31.jpg

gladys_kravitz.jpg

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh gosh Res, did you see what Zeus just typed? This Greek wannabe is beginning to sound like his sister in law Persephone.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sky's behavior elsewhere has given me reason to rethink the whole lock down business and instead to remind you why certain members are behaving like adolescents. Back in a second.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sod deposited this ongoing attempt to distort my point about his and a few other's threads. I think it really belongs here. About the NFL off season thread I started:

it took almost two months but this threads has officially become "relevant"! :first:
I take it he was noting half the equation, the over a hundred posts, but that wasn't the point of my remarks or even an honest reflection of them, only an ongoing attempt by him to skate or revise or declare (the old "I was a statistician and I can blah-blah-blah) his way out of a bit of embarrassment.

In point of fact, what I said was that he and most of the malcontents don't particularly draw on their own.

No one thread tells that story. Heck, Ascon has a thread he's managed to draw with even if on the average it doesn't work out that way. So I went over the last hundred threads to see what, if anything, could be gleaned from those numbers. Also, I noted threads with over a hundred posts and/or threads with over a thousand views were statistically relevant. Combined they're even more so.

Now everyone has threads that aren't meant to either draw comment or necessarily attract a great deal of attention. They're more personal or momentary or both, which is why I went over the greatest number of threads I could, which is why I noted that some (statistically few) posters do so much of that you can't get a real reflection of their impact. Psalmist comes to mind. And others, who don't have as much success as thread creators managed to enliven and add value by virtue of their participation, a fact noted in their reputation numbers.

So it's only a part of the profile, a way of looking at things, but not the only or all inclusive vantage and it was never advanced as such.

Now, as thread creators go, certain methodologies don't appear to lend themselves to moving much interest and I find that encouraging.

Resurrected, by way of example, managed either more than 100 responses or 1000 views about 6 times out of his last 53 threads. He is, to my mind, a mostly negative and trivializing poster, with a great deal of school yard nonsense. Who wants a thread of that? Not many, apparently, though in smaller doses he has something of a following.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Mulla Sadra
Thread(s) : 1
More than 3000 views : 1
More than 300 posts : 1

I am not planning on posting another thread :)
Then we'll never have a sufficient sample to know much about how you'd draw as a rule. As an exception it's...exceptional. :eek:

I hereby announce that Mulla is TOL's most relevant poster!

All the rest of you can go home now :p
Sadly, the best chance res has of being read in his mistaken conclusion is in a thread not of his own making. :plain:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just don't start many threads, but the ones I start are AWESOME! The problem is I stay on topic and my answers are the last word, so they don't tend to be long. I'm so ronrey, poo ritto me.